Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Robbins has a hard time voting

Default Tim Robbins has a hard time voting

Tim Robbins Couldn't Vote -- Cops Called

Posted Nov 4th 2008 2:00PM by TMZ Staff
    Tim Robbins tried voting at his NYC polling place earlier today. There was some kind of ruckus and the cops were called.

Apparently Robbins has been voting at that polling place for more than a decade, but today his name wasn't on the register. They told Robbins he had to fill out a provisional ballot but he didn't want to do it. An argument erupted between Robbins and the poll worker. Robbins allegedly got loud and the poll worker said he was calling the cops.

Robbins accused the poll worker of trying to intimidate him so he wouldn't vote.

Robbins went downtown to the City Board of Elections to get proof he was good to vote.

Tim Robbins Couldn't Vote -- Cops Called - TMZ.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

isnt he moving if his candidate doesnt win?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

What a jackass. He just wanted to get his name in the paper. He could have simply filled out the form. Idiot.

BTW the man is 6 3 isn't he? I'm sure he was soooooo intimidated.

Really. He should've checked this ahead of time. The poll worker was allowing him to vote. He just had to do a provisional ballot, and he chose to grandstand and be a baby.

The first ruckus!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'd classify this as a 'Brew-ha-ha' before I'd classify it as a ruckus. From the sounds of it, it didn't really reach ruckus status...........Yea, my entire post made no sense to me either.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yes, bruhaha is a better description of of this, rather than a ruckus.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Damn Tim Robbins sure is looking old these days. I'll bet Susan Sarandon actually looks like the younger one now.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Tim Robbins runs into voting trouble - Celebrities

MSNBC.com

Tim Robbins runs into voting trouble
    The actor had to get a court order before he was allowed to cast his vote

The Associated Press
    updated 4:21 p.m. PT, Tues., Nov. 4, 2008

NEW YORK - Many Americans endured long lines to vote. Tim Robbins had to get a court order before he was allowed to cast his vote for president.

The 50-year-old actor’s voting woes began Tuesday morning when he ran into trouble at his polling station: His name was missing from the registration rolls. He said his name was nowhere to be found on the books at a YMCA in downtown Manhattan, where he’d previously voted in presidential elections.

“I had been voting there for years,” he said in a telephone interview. “I have not moved, I have not changed party affiliations. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be in the rolls. So I was given a paper ballot and filled it out, but I wanted my vote to be registered there — and I don’t trust paper ballots.”

Robbins, who lives with partner Susan Sarandon and has been registered to vote in New York since 1988, said he doesn’t trust paper or affidavit ballots because “oftentimes those things get lost or thrown away.” So he did not submit his and asked to speak to a supervisor.

“I stayed in the voting place and asked to see someone from the Board of Elections and told them I wasn’t going to leave until someone from the Board of Elections came and explained to me why I wasn’t being allowed to vote — why my name had been taken off the voter rolls.”

The supervisor said a police officer had been called over, Robbins said, “at which point, I said to him, ‘Are you trying to intimidate me?”’ The police at the location said he had “every right to be there,” Robbins said.

Police said there was no police involvement.

After hours of waiting, Robbins said he was told to visit the board’s downtown office, which confirmed what he knew to be true: He’s a registered voter. A judge then issued a court order allowing him to vote — and that he did, at the same location where his trouble began.

“If anything it seems like a random thing, but in randomness there are numbers. And there have been in the past,” said Robbins, who said that other voters also were not listed.

“This is just one example of how difficult it is to vote in the United States,” he said.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: Tim Robbins runs into voting trouble - Celebrities

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2008 MSNBC.com

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I jsut don't get why she's with this chucklehead. He always comes across as a dick and seems to think he's hot stuff to boot...and he's not.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

You know the same thing happened to me except I had moved. It was pretty standard to use the paper ballot. What a yokle. Its NYC dummy, you really think that your vote not being counted on the paper ballot would matter that much?

What he's talking about are provisional ballots. They are not necessarily counted. The electoral board meets the day after the election, and you usually have to show up to argue your case to get your provisional ballot counted. If you don't show up to argue your case, it is likely that your vote will not be counted.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Tim Robbins was talking about this on Bill Maher before the election. He said that people shouldn't fill out provisional ballots, unless there's no other choice, because they can just get thrown out. That probably explains why he flipped out.

CNN had a hotline for people who ran into troubles while trying to vote.
    Suspiciously in most swing states, people ran into discrepancies ranging
    from soggy ballot forms, showing up as not registered, when in the primaries
    they were still registered (and they didn't move in between), bogus flyers
    saying that due to the large number of people expected to vote that
    repugs should vote Nov. 4th and Dems Nov. 5th..... Just saying.....
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Here's what I dont understand...while they may have an apartment in NYC, Robbins and Sarandon live in Pound Ridge (where the kids went to school). Why is he voting in NYC? There were no lines up here at the poling place and he would have been in and out in 2 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information