Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report in: Tell us your voting experience!

Default Report in: Tell us your voting experience!

Reporting from Pennsylvania - the state the will put Obama over the top tonight!!!!!

I went to vote and left. The line was too long since they had just brought in 4 buses from Villanova. I will go back this afternoon. We have 3 colleges in my township. The Repubs are pissed because the Dems "got really organized" this time. They went on each campus and got kids registered. If their home state is a state that was already an Obama state they got them to register in PA so their vote would make a greater difference. My friend at the polls said all 3 campuses have buses running all day to bring the kids to the polls!!!

I live in one the wealthiest districts of PA. My heart sings as I pass these homes with the Obama signs proudly displayed. The main line millionaires are willing to pay more in taxes to better our country!! Suck that McCain/Palin.

Elite Member

As of last night DH was still undecided. I gave one last pitch and I'm hoping for the best. He said that he knows nothing will probably change under McCain but he's not sure he can trust Obama to do what he says because he's "slick". He did say that if he thought he truly was the person that he sees on TV that he'd vote for him. So it's really a matter of he knows what he's getting under McCain but Obama is an unknown entity and doesn't have enough history to predict what he'll actually do. I said give the new guy with a fresh perspective a chance!

I was at the polls at 7 a.m. when they opened. There was a crowd, but not the 300+ lines my co-workers experienced. I was in and out, no waiting. On the upshot, even though the lines are hundreds of people long, they seem to be moving at a quick clip - you can get in and out in under an hour.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Just voted.Took about five minutes,the crowds here are either really early or late afternoon.Jersey for Obama!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

Default Re

In my small town (9,000) northwest of Boston, I had to wait around 20 minutes to vote. I have never seen the polls in my town anything like this crowded. It was amazing.

I was a little verklempt in the voting booth, I gotta tell you.

I was also psyched to vote for state senate (the person my daughter has been campaigning for) and on a ballot question to ban dog raising.

Woo-hoo, it's good to be a liberal in Massachusetts.

BBDSP, it is great to live in a liberal state! Go Michigan and Go Obama! Took me five minutes to vote. I was a little worried there'd be a crowd. I get the day off paid to vote! I love it!

I also got in and out pretty quickly here in Central NY. Nice day out there, thought the lines would be insane, but not bad at all. I purposely picked a time that I thought no one would be there and I was right.

Hooray!

I'm in Kentucky in a town of about 300,000 people. My precinct however has about 750 people registered. When I voted at 10:30am this morning, over 300 of the 750 had already voted. I had to wait in line for about 45 minutes. Also, we have a highly contested Senate race where incumbent Mitch McConnell is facing his toughest challenge in 24 years! I am so excited to be part of this process this year...even though I am in a red state, I am hopeful that we are turning it purple this year and blue in years to come!

^^funny Avatar!!!!

^Thanks!

I voted absentee, however my sister called me at 6:30 a.m. (8:30 her time in Nebraska) and had just voted. She said after she voted, she simply drove home and started crying.

She is so hard core Obama - which I love. Although Nebraska only has five electoral votes, I believe, and it sooooo conservative, she was thrilled to cast her vote.

I am swigging coffee out of my 7-11 Obama coffee cup for the last time, although this much caffeine will make me even more nervous than usual.

This is the honest truth - I have been so happy to discuss politics on this board, that is known mainly for celebrity watching/and or bashing.

There have been so many intelligent political discussions that have simply reaffirmed my belief that we CAN make a difference with our votes and we CAN make a change!

GR (Ba)racks!!!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^Its really great to be a tiny part of history isn't it? And it's been fun on the board for sure through it all, even if we don't all agree.

I feel so full of hope and anticipation. Yet I am also terrified that it may not go our way. I will be so happy when it is over.

Just finished voting. Took me less than 10 minutes. When I clicked that X for Obama's name I felt like I was voting for my grandparents and other family members that didn't live to see this day. I never felt this much weight behind any vote that I ever cast.

The funny thing was as I was standing on line this older white woman, Russian or Polish, who was walking out turned and told me 'you look just like him.' I was like 'yeah, I've been getting that lately. Even though I don't see it, there are worse people to be compared to." She smiled and said 'I just voted for him.' I smiled back and gave her the thumbs up. It was a cool moment.

Although I did feel bad for this one guy that was having a problem voting. I guess he had moved and the town he was living in now sent him to my town and they were trying to figure out what to do with him. When I left they were telling him that he might have to go back to the town he just came from.

Iowa--I just finished voting for Obama. No lines. Took 5 mins. Busy time won't hit until 4-6pm when people get off work. I was vote 196 at 930am.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information