Thread: Even more shrinking crowds for Sarah Palin/John McCain, this time in Ohio

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Even more shrinking crowds for Sarah Palin/John McCain, this time in Ohio

John McCain and Sarah Palin crisscrossed Ohio over the weekend, appearing at multiple rallies that drew surprisingly small crowds -- especially taking into account the GOP candidates brought with them the star power of 9/11 hero Rudy Giuliani, movie idol Arnold Schwarzenegger, and country music headliner Gretchen Wilson.

On Friday, former New York mayor Giuliani stumped for McCain at a school gymnasium in Hanoverton, a reliably Republican rural community in northeastern Ohio. Speaking to several hundred people, America's 9/11 spokesman told the small crowd that Barack Obama's policies would be "disastrous."

In Columbus the same day, McCain tried to leverage the political wattage of Schwarzenegger, governor of California, to reach out to Ohio independents. But together the two men barely filled half of the same hockey arena that George W. Bush packed with 20,000 people on the eve of his re-election four years ago.

On Sunday morning, vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin spoke in Canton following a warm-up performance by Grammy winner Gretchen Wilson, a popular singer who has had five singles in the Top Ten on the Billboard country charts, including her #1 hit Redneck Woman. Despite the free admission, the crowd at Canton Memorial Fieldhouse in northeastern Ohio was estimated at just 3,000.

On Sunday afternoon, Palin and Wilson teamed up again, this time in southeastern Ohio. The vice-presidential candidate promised the crowd of 5,000 at Marietta College that her ticket "will not let Obama kill the coal industry. Instead, we'll make clean coal a reality."

That evening Palin wore a buckeye necklace threaded through a green jacket when she spoke to a raucous crowd of 3,500 inside an airport hangar at Rickenbacker International Airport in Columbus. By comparison, Barack Obama spoke to a crowd estimated at 60,000 people in Columbus earlier that day. His supporters crowded the west lawn outside the Ohio statehouse, spilling over into the blocked-off streets around the capitol building.

Later on Sunday, Obama spoke to a crowd estimated at 80,000 in Cleveland, where long lines of supporters hoping to see the candidate -- and superstar singer/songwriter Bruce Springsteen -- snaked for blocks around Malls A, B and C in the city's downtown.

On Sunday evening, the Democratic presidential candidate spoke to about 20,000 supporters under the lights in Nippert Stadium at the University of Cincinnati in southwestern Ohio. This was Obama's final stop in the Buckeye State before Election Day.

In north central Ohio, Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joe Biden drew crowds of about 2,000 in Marion and Bowling Green over the weekend. Unpretentious Biden was working as a solo act with no celebrities in tow.

These rallies -- and others like those in Florida today -- demonstrate a significant enthusiasm gap when it comes to the two tickets. Ohio is a must-win for McCain, but it is Obama supporters who are voting convincingly with their feet.Diane Tucker: McCain, Palin Draw Surprisingly Small Crowds In Ohio
    Wow, the smell of flop sweat....how humiliating.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Even more shrinking crowds for Palin/McCain, this time in Ohio

Glad to hear.

God, is Ohio redeeming itself from it's crazy state status?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^I wouldn't go quite that far, but it is an improvement.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Our local news in Raleigh, NC said that Palin got about 10,000 at her rally on Saturday. Take into account that every redneck in neighboring rural counties probably travelled here to see her, it pales in comparison to Obama's crowd of 35,000 in the middle of the day on Wednesday, when many had to work, and many others were discouraged by the downtown traffic and lack of parking and decided to sty home.

Palin plays the song "Redneck Woman" as she makes her entrance. She also had all the lights off like she was a damn rock star or something. Is there any questions who she's pandering to? Is there any limit to her ego?

Well, let's hope this slack off resonate at the polls!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Funny how few have mentioned the ego on this woman. She is buying her own hype. Can't wait until her bubble is burst.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Our local news in Raleigh, NC said that Palin got about 10,000 at her rally on Saturday. Take into account that every redneck in neighboring rural counties probably travelled here to see her, it pales in comparison to Obama's crowd of 35,000 in the middle of the day on Wednesday, when many had to work, and many others were discouraged by the downtown traffic and lack of parking and decided to sty home.

Palin plays the song "Redneck Woman" as she makes her entrance. She also had all the lights off like she was a damn rock star or something. Is there any questions who she's pandering to? Is there any limit to her ego?

and you know that kills her because she's not really a 'fit' for that song. At least according to Anne Kilkenney, she's an upwardly mobile hick, not a loud and proud one.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    God, is Ohio redeeming itself from it's crazy state status?
    Let's hope so!!! Hopefully Flaw-duh to.

In Columbus the same day, McCain tried to leverage the political wattage of Schwarzenegger, governor of California, to reach out to Ohio independents. But together the two men barely filled half of the same hockey arena that George W. Bush packed with 20,000 people on the eve of his re-election four years ago.
    You would not believe how many calls I got from the GOP wanting me to go to this shitty thing! Yeah..right after we all go iceskating in hell! SOOOO glad that it was a big flop!

That evening Palin wore a buckeye necklace threaded through a green jacket when she spoke to a raucous crowd of 3,500 inside an airport hangar at Rickenbacker International Airport in Columbus. By comparison, Barack Obama spoke to a crowd estimated at 60,000 people in Columbus earlier that day. His supporters crowded the west lawn outside the Ohio statehouse, spilling over into the blocked-off streets around the capitol building.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What a huge FLOP! He outdid her by a factor of over 15!!! I would have gone to this..but for work.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Flop sweat never smelled so good.

--Sinclair Lewis

I hope Ohio and Florida redeem themselves this year. As soon as I drink my coffee I'm heading out to vote.

My vote is in the hopper!!!!! Woo hoo!

Obama looks good for the popular vote, but we all know in this country, that doesn't mean a damn thing.

The Rethugs still have time to pull a fast one in the EC.

Thread Information