Thread: Sarah Palin accuses media of covering for Barack Obama

Default Sarah Palin accuses media of covering for Barack Obama

MARIETTA, Ohio (CNN) – Campaigning in coal country just two days before the presidential election, Sarah Palin is highlighting an interview Barack Obama gave to the San Francisco Chronicle in January in which the Democrat suggested coal plants would be bankrupted by his cap-and-trade proposal.
    Audio of Obama’s comments began bubbling up on major conservative blogs over the last 24 hours, and Palin wondered why voters were only now hearing about the remarks. The insinuation that the Chronicle had been hiding the coal comments from the public brought about shouts of “Liberal media!” from the crowd.
    “Why is the audio tape just now surfacing?,” Palin asked. “This interview was given to San Francisco folks many, many months ago. You should have known about this, so that you would have better decision-making information as you go into the voting booth.”
    Contrary to her attempts to portray a media cover-up, audio and video recordings of Obama’s January 17 sit-down with the Chronicle editorial board have been freely available online for more than nine months.
    In the interview, Obama said that his “aggressive” cap-and-trade plan would charge polluters for every unit of carbon or greenhouse gas they emit, a plan that would render polluting coal plants financially unviable.
    “So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can,” he said. “It’s just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted.”
    In the interview, Obama also made the case for alternative energy sources, adding that he does not believe coal production will be eliminated, and that he supports carbon capture and sequestration technologies.
    John McCain also supports a market-based cap-and-trade proposal to reduce carbon emissions.
    Regardless, Palin sought to use Obama’s words against him in a part of the country where coal has long been king.
    “He said that, sure, if the industry wants to build coal-fired power plants, then they can go ahead and try, he says, but they can do it only in a way that will bankrupt the coal industry, and he's comfortable letting that happen.”
    Palin knocks Obama over months-old coal comments

Somebody guilty of ethics violation shouldn't be accusing anybody of a cover-up.

Well we certainly can't have people trying to clean up the air/environment at the expense of profits, that's simply unAmerican.

The single best thing about Tuesday (I hope with all my might) is that we won't have to hear or read about that imbecile. She just may be the original twat who cried wolf.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Hahahahaha, exactly! God forbid someone should hold big coal accountable for raping the land and polluting the atmosphere. Here are a couple of articles on the subject. The coal industry is up to all sorts of immoral and illegal things. The Vanity Fair article is long but well worth the read. Scary as hell.

Bookslut | Big Coal, Lost Mountain

The Rape of Appalachia: Politics & Power: vanityfair.com
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Sarah Palin should STFU. Remember just a week or two ago when she said she would be releasing her medical records.

Fail.

I thought she had a thing against whining? Isn't that what she's doing right now?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Somebody guilty of ethics violation shouldn't be accusing anybody of a cover-up.

This story about the coal deal has already been refuted and amazingly McCain said a very similar scenario as Obama on the House floor. I linked it on the Dirty Tricks thread.

Palin's just pissed because she's going to miss those $6,000 boots she's been wearing every day. Back to Payless Uggs for you Bible Barbie/J/K.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

stuff like this makes me want her to run again. we've only scratched the surface with her, there is plenty more out there and she won't leave public scrutiny because she has NO shame.

If I hear one of these assholes complain about the "MSM" (mainstream media, yes they even have initials for them because they bitch about it so much) I'll scream...

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm still waiting for this mainstream and liberal media that was so shitty to Bush for the past 8 years. I've had to hunt down my news from other sources just to get a clear perspective of what the fuck is going on.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I wonder what they thought of the LMSM when they were criticizing Clinton for 8 years...

McCain-you did this. Now I hope YOU and not the Country, suffer the consequences.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information