Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama to Jay Leno: I buy my own clothes!

Default Michelle Obama to Jay Leno: I buy my own clothes!

Michelle Obama during an interview with host Jay Leno on October 27, 2008.
    Paul Drinkwater/AP PhotoBuzz up!

Don't expect Michelle Obama to go on a six-figure shopping spree any time soon.
    On The Tonight Show Monday night, Jay Leno jokingly asked Obama if her outfit was worth $60,000.
    "Actually, this is a J. Crew ensemble," she said.

But that's not to say Obama doesn't feel for Sarah Palin, who has taken heat after her campaign foot a $150,000 bill for her wardrobe.
    "I try to be empathetic," Obama said. "I mean, especially a VP pick, it's like being shot out of a cannon...All of a sudden, you are the center of attention. But our policy has always been whatever we wear, for us, we buy."
    So what has Barack been buying for his wife lately? The couple celebrated their 16th wedding anniversary Oct. 3.
    "He's very romantic. He tried to buy me flowers - and he did buy me flowers - but I [read in the newspaper] he bought me flowers before I got the flowers," she said. "I knew they were white [before I got them]."

Obama also says her daughters aren't so thrilled with the campaign. Malia, 10, was upset her father planned to air a 30-minute paid advertisement all the major networks Wednesday.
    "'You're going to be on all the TV [channels]?'" Obama said Malia asked. "'Are you going to interrupt my TV?'"
    But Barack assured his daughter that he hadn't bought time on the Disney Channel.

Usmagazine.com | News - Michelle Obama to Leno: I Buy My Own Clothes!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

But you don't pay for your own airfare.

This would be annoying. No element of surprise:

"He's very romantic. He tried to buy me flowers - and he did buy me flowers - but I [read in the newspaper] he bought me flowers before I got the flowers," she said. "I knew they were white [before I got them]."

This is so freaking cute:

Malia, 10, was upset her father planned to air a 30-minute paid advertisement all the major networks Wednesday.
    "'You're going to be on all the TV [channels]?'" Obama said Malia asked. "'Are you going to interrupt my TV?'"
    But Barack assured his daughter that he hadn't bought time on the Disney Channel.

Yeah, I saw some clips of this on CNN this morning and that story of Malia was adorable.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Where's Malia's Louis Vuitton bag? That's right. She isn't running for office. Her father is.

Obama also says her daughters aren't so thrilled with the campaign. Malia, 10, was upset her father planned to air a 30-minute paid advertisement all the major networks Wednesday.

aw, what a touching scripted family moment.

I can't wait until next Wednesday so I don't have to hear anymore of this phony crap and the politicians stop using their families as props. Thank goodness that none of this years crop had pets, or we'd be subject to all sorts of fake cute pet stories as well.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Someone needs to show her how to sit properly in a dress. lol
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

She sitting how Palin was sitting in a recent interview, except Michelle Obama's skirt is longer than Palin's was.

I usually really like what Michelle Obama wears, but this misses the mark - and I usually love J. Crew's clothes.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^Yea, I agree. Not super flattering for her, though its not an ugly outfit.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Actually, I read somewhere that it is considered crude for a woman to cross her legs in a dress. Emily Post or some such. I was surprised. You're supposed to cross your legs at the ankles, not the knee.

"'Are you going to interrupt my TV?'"

That is the funniest thing I've heard throughout this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Actually, I read somewhere that it is considered crude for a woman to cross her legs in a dress. Emily Post or some such. I was surprised. You're supposed to cross your legs at the ankles, not the knee.

Yeah, I think we can forgive her on this, it's not like she's screwed a couple of her husband's business partners or anything.
    Last edited by Tati; October 28th, 2008 at 10:21 PM.

You're really getting desperate in the insult department aren't you? You can't critisize what she says so you critisize the way she's sitting? It's not like she's giving us all a show or anything. Give me a break.

She already is. lolback
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Watch the interview clips here

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Obama daughter's beef with Barack's airtime! - Video - NBC.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    This would be annoying. No element of surprise:

This is so freaking cute:

Malia, 10, was upset her father planned to air a 30-minute paid advertisement all the major networks Wednesday.
    That is so cute, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

aw, what a touching scripted family moment.

I can't wait until next Wednesday so I don't have to hear anymore of this phony crap and the politicians stop using their families as props. Thank goodness that none of this years crop had pets, or we'd be subject to all sorts of fake cute pet stories as well.
    You're mad at the Cosby kids? You're mad because they don't have off the wall names? hmmm?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information