Thread: What will we miss about Election 08

Default What will we miss about Election 08

Ok, this thread is prob a violation of the board rules, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I am a firm believer in preparing myself for big changes. Since I'm obsessed with this election, it might just be time to start getting used to how things will be after 11/4/08...

I WILL MISS

-Convoluted reasoning
    -plastic smiles (aka the Republican Smirk)
    -daily check ins with Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily for any changes in the map
    -MSNBC's Chuck Todd (just love him)
    -Tina Fey as Sarah Palin
    -crazier and crazier fringe Repubs trying to carry McCain/Palin water

I WILL NOT MISS

-Sarah Palin
    -Nancy Fluffernutter
    -John smirky McSmirkison condescending to and lying to us on a regular bases
    -GWB

your turn...

I will miss John McCain making an ass out of himself, on a daily basis, and sticking his tongue out when she shouldn't be.

i will not miss John McCain at all. not one bit.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'll miss it too. I'm going to become a hockey and basketball fan until the spring when baseball starts up.
    > I won't miss seeing McFullofhimself
    > I won't miss Sarah fullofherself Palin
    > I won't miss the racist repugs
    > I'll actually watch the inauguration
    > I'll watch the state of the union address
    > I won't run from the room to get away from GWB on the tv
    > My Mother will be happier with a Democrat in office, she shouldn't have to deal with a repug in office at her age.

I will miss believing that republicans just hire people who only 'act' really stupid for show, and that they'd never run someone as truly neanderthal as Palin. I will miss the enjoyment of realizing they really don't know their base, and the palpable sense of shock in the press that the 'real americans' they pretend to represent, are actually quite bonkers. It's been entertaining, that's for sure.

The only thing I'll miss is watching Tina Fey rip Palin on SNL. But the trade-off will be President Obama. *keeps fingers crossed*

Tina Fey. That is all.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    I will miss believing that republicans just hire people who only 'act' really stupid for show, and that they'd never run someone as truly neanderthal as Palin. I will miss the enjoyment of realizing they really don't know their base, and the palpable sense of shock in the press that the 'real americans' they pretend to represent, are actually quite bonkers. It's been entertaining, that's for sure.
    They're out there and they're SERIOUS Here are some posts I got in one forum:

America is and will always be the greatest country ever in the history of the world. You may leave it at anytime leftard, and please don't let the door slam you on the way out traitor.
    Yeah, we kind of do that since we have a long history of sacrificing OUR young men to keep them free and prosperous. They complain but take our money without looking back. They like to "hate us" but they do everything possible to sneak or con their way in across our borders to get a piece of our "American Dream".

There has been no difference in the world's attitude about the U.S. since we liberated the Iraqi and Afghanisti people. It is only in the minds and propaganda of the extremists and long time sworn enemies who would love to take every iota of freedom you have and shove it down your throat. Accepting the words of those who would kill you in an instant because you don't bow before their leaders and violent religions shows you really don't understand what this country stands for and has always represented to the world.
    And someone's response (red) to this (in blue)

If that's the best they can come up with, the GOP is in more trouble than I thought.........

Old school cons cringe when they talk about Palin.......
    They soon will be gone, thank God......She is a bright future, and is such a great leader that many will follow.....
    She has no political future, and if she's what you pin your future hopes on, your party is doomed.
    Doomed in the sexist eyes of the democrats.....As for we the people, I am quite confident in her ability to lead them, as is she....

oh wow. I didn't know you could get drunk on kool-aid but that person in red is tanked on the jingo-flavored kind. Many could follow Palin right out of the party, and then conservatives (fiscals) will be screwed. I think she might be dangerous now that she's gotten a taste of national politics. Rethugs are going to kick her to the curb but she might take a sizable number with her.

Thread Information