Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott McClellan-former Bush Press Secretary, backs Barack Obama

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Scott McClellan-former Bush Press Secretary, backs Barack Obama

NEW YORK -- Scott McClellan, President Bush's former press secretary, says he is backing Barack Obama for president.

McClellan made the endorsement during a taping of Comedian D.L. Hughley's new show that is premiering on CNN this weekend. The former Bush administration official said he wanted to support the candidate that has the best chance for changing the way Washington works and getting things done.

He's the second former Bush administration figure this week to publicly back Obama, following former Secretary of State Colin Powell. McClellan caused bitterness among his former co-workers with a tell-all book that criticized Bush.
    Scott McClellan Backs Obama for President - FOXNews.com Elections
    Wow, more and more people coming over from the dark side. Could it be that the Dark Lord's reign is well and truly over?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Pfft. He also went against Bush 2 years after he quit. I dont put much stock in his bullshit considering he peddled it for Bush for years.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps he bought into Bush's bullshit act prior to being hired but once he saw the way things actually were he flipped and did his best to right a wrong. Either way, he's kind of creepy in an evil dough-boy kind of way.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

It's another vote, so good.

And it may make a few more people think hard before making that very important choice in the voting booth. I'd love to know how many GOP bigwigs will vote for Obama. I'm going to wager quite a few.

--Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Wow! Now watch the Bushies and McPalin thrash Scott.

McClellan was a Texan, and I lived in Texas when Bush became governor there and and during the first four years of Bush's presidency. I think that based on Bush's performance as governor, it was hard to know just how awful he'd become. The Texas governorship is a weak position, so he didn't have a lot of opportunity to show what he was up to. I also expect that the governor position was always intended as a launching pad for the presidency, so it was in the Bush puppeteers' interest to have him create as little a record as possible there.

What I'm getting at is that I have heard and have no trouble believing that McClellan got suckered into things and lied to, and then he came out against Bush et al.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

This guy shoveled Dubya's shit for years, but an endorsement for Obama is a slap in the face to McCain, so I'm happy.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt-

--Sinclair Lewis

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I'd love to know how many GOP bigwigs will vote for Obama. I'm going to wager quite a few.
    Yes. A strategist on MSNBC said that what helped contribute to Obama's $150M were the many Republican "fat cats" (rich) who switched to his side because they don't want Sarah Palin in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    McClellan was a Texan, and I lived in Texas when Bush became governor there and and during the first four years of Bush's presidency. I think that based on Bush's performance as governor, it was hard to know just how awful he'd become. The Texas governorship is a weak position, so he didn't have a lot of opportunity to show what he was up to. I also expect that the governor position was always intended as a launching pad for the presidency, so it was in the Bush puppeteers' interest to have him create as little a record as possible there.

What I'm getting at is that I have heard and have no trouble believing that McClellan got suckered into things and lied to, and then he came out against Bush et al.
    From all his appearances that I've seen on The Daily Show and other interviews, I completely agree. He left the Bush Administration and then fully came out publicly against what had been done this summer when his book was out. I remember him making some unfavorable comments toward the Bush Administration on The Daily Show after he left and before his book came out. The Republicans started bashing him when he did his book tour, so it's hardly surprising he's for Obama. McClellan seems fairly genuine unlike Ari or the late Tony Snow.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I also agree. I think like Powell, he was lied to. They are jumpng ship fast and thick over on the GOP's side.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

He's a sucker for a handsome man, I think. I don't have any sympathy for him or Powell or any of them. A million Iraqis are dead and 5 million Iraqi children are orphans. Too late. I knew they were full of shit from down here in the stix, they have access to intel beyond our wildest dreams and they 'believed' this garbage. Nope. Uh-uh. Nah. Sorry.

Actually, I have to kind of disagree with people not knowing Bush was a nutter when he was gov. Molly Ivans wrote about 8 million articles about how bad a gov he was and how much damage he did to Texas and how often and without compunction he fucked everyone and anyone who wasn't part of his oilman cartel. We were warned but quite a few of us didn't listen.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Actually, I have to kind of disagree with people not knowing Bush was a nutter when he was gov. Molly Ivans wrote about 8 million articles about how bad a gov he was and how much damage he did to Texas and how often and without compunction he fucked everyone and anyone who wasn't part of his oilman cartel. We were warned but quite a few of us didn't listen.
    I think he was always creepy, but I think even Molly Ivins and some other progressive Texas political journalists and commentators underestimated how bad Bush would be for this country. If you read her book "Shrub" (coauthored with a friend of mine), it makes him out to be a loser (and he always was), but they just didn't anticipate how incredibly badly he would screw up this country.

OTOH, some people did anticipate some very bad stuff, but they were just not even remotely mainstream like Molly (RIP).
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information