Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCain campaign flunky tries to defend Sarah Palin's 'VP/senate' comments.. lulz

Wink John McCain campaign flunky tries to defend Sarah Palin's 'VP/senate' comments.. lulz

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-9VW4ewI1M[/YOUTUBE]

"A vice president has a really great job because not only are they there to support the president's agenda, they're like the team member, the teammate to that president, but also they're in charge of the United States Senate, so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better." - Sarah Palin, yesterday

At least we can be thankful she didn't add "dude."

Now watch the video, below, of McCain's press person (who looks oddly like Cindy, and Vicky Iseman, and Lady Lynn de Redneck, and even a bit like Carly Fiorina) trying to defend Sarah Palin's inane comments about being in charge of the Senate. That is not the vice president's job, as Chris Matthews so eloquently explains. Oh, and watch Obama spokesman Bill Burton just sitting there quitely in the background, smiling like the cat that ate the canary. The video also contains Palin's inept answer I quote above.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    AHAHAHAHAhahaha
    Last edited by Grimmlok; October 22nd, 2008 at 05:45 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh, dear Lord in heaven. I am so sick of ornamental chicks with their cute evasions.

Give me hardass Hillary any old time.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I am so impressed with the discipline the Obama supporters exhibit on these news shows. If something is off or needs explaining (Biden) the say yup it was wrong or it was not worded very well. The Repub "don't give an inch" or "we are right all the time" or "concede nothing" position just make them sound so unintelligent.

By the by I am sooooooo unbelievably sick of Nancy Fluffernutter (and it does pain me malign such a great sandwich) and her never ending snorts of derision. How can she even attempt to defend Palin NOT EVEN KNOWING the constitutional role of the position she is campaigning for - how does ANYONE over the age 8 not know the constitutional role of the veep.

I can see why the average citizen might not have given the VP's constitutional function a lot of thought. First, that role has actually changed historically: the vice president was originally the person who came in second for the office of president, in terms of votes won, so that voters would get their second choice if something happened to the pres. With the rise of the party system, that approach no longer worked, so the pres/VP became a shared ticket.

Also, the VP's job differs with each administration, according to what duties are assigned in addition to the take-over-if-pres-dies and the Senate-tiebreaker roles.

And then we have Cheney, who is like some top-secret commando doing God knows what for the last eight years.

So anyway, I would forgive average people for not defining the VP role with totally accuracy. But not Palin and not this Nancy Makeup Queen person.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Elite Member

Default Re

Years ago when Bush senior was Vice President, and was asked to define his job, his response was "You die, I fly."

Referring of course to the VP's role in attending funerals of foreign dignitaries and such.

^^How much would it cost the US for Palin's kids to fly?

I was just watching this literally like 10 minutes ago.

I need to start watching that guy's show.

Elite Member

I can't stand that Nancy Fotenhauer chick (or however you spell her name). All she does is smile while she lies and lies while she smiles, repeating the same crap over and over and over in the same interview.

Elite Member

Default Re

Not to demean Gov Palin's experience in any way, but in fact being VP is a lot like being runner up in a pageant. "if Miss America is unable to serve in any way..." blah blah.

I cannot believe anyone could actually show their face and defend Palin's ignorance of the very job she is in the running for. Wtf is wrong with these thickheaded Republicans?

I'm glad Chris Matthews brought up that story about Lyndon Johnson. It illustrates the false premise behind Palin's answer so well.

I don't see how Nancy Full-Of-Shit can keep trying to defend what Palin said with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Not to demean Gov Palin's experience in any way, but in fact being VP is a lot like being runner up in a pageant. "if Miss America is unable to serve in any way..." blah blah.
    But the only 'flute' Palin would get to blow on as VP is McCain's.

^^ UGH to the mental pic! HAHAHA

Nancy has had one too many nose jobs. She is teetering on Michael Jackson territory soon. I cannot stand taht hag.

What happened to Carly Fiorina? She has mysteriously disappeared. HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post

What experience?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    What happened to Carly Fiorina? She has mysteriously disappeared. HAHAHA
    OMG! I totally forgot about her!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information