Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin: God will do the right thing on Election Day

Thumbs down Sarah Palin: God will do the right thing on Election Day

FINDLAY, Ohio (CNN) –- In an interview posted online Wednesday, Sarah Palin told Dr. James Dobson of “Focus on the Family” that she is confident God will do “the right thing for America” on Nov. 4.
    Dobson asked the vice presidential hopeful if she is concerned about John McCain’s sagging poll numbers, but Palin stressed that she was “not discouraged at all.”
    “To me, it motivates us, makes us work that much harder,” she told the influential Christian leader, whose radio show reaches tens of millions of listeners daily. “And it also strengthens my faith because I know at the end of the day putting this in God’s hands, the right thing for America will be done, at the end of the day on Nov. 4.”
    Dobson praised Palin's opposition to abortion rights, to which the governor affirmed that she is “hardcore pro-life.”
    She said giving birth to her son Trig, who has Down syndrome, has given her the opportunity “to be walking the walk and not just talking the talk” in her long-standing opposition to abortion.
    Dobson — who has never been warm to McCain — asked Palin if her “private conversations” with the GOP nominee had revealed a true commitment to the Republican party’s pro-life platform, which calls for a constitutional amendment banning abortions.
    "I do, from the bottom of my heart," Palin assured Dobson. “John McCain is solidly there on those solid planks in our platform that build the right agenda for America.”
    She also thanked her supporters — including Dobson, who said he and his wife were asking “for God’s intervention” on election day — for their prayers of support.
    “It is that intercession that is so needed,” she said. “And so greatly appreciated. And I can feel it too, Dr. Dobson. I can feel the power of prayer, and that strength that is provided through our prayer warriors across this nation. And I so appreciate it.”
    The interview was taped on Monday by phone while Palin was campaigning in Colorado Springs, where “Focus on the Family” is headquartered.
    Palin: God will do the right thing on election day

Palin's turning into the 'Church Lady' from SNL.

Personally, I was hoping Satan would appear and take his children, McCrazy and Failin home to the tenth layer of hell!

If those two idiots represent Heaven, I'm staying here.

God will decide? God sure took a backseat the last 2 elections.

Prayer Warriers? Wtf? It's like that Battlecry.com website, full of fundie freaks forming nutjob militias for Jebus.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well this is interesting because I have seriously been praying to God every single day that Obama wins this election.

From the bottom of my heart.

I cannot even imagine a world with Mccain leading after dumbass Dubya. I think, God, I know you're watching and you have seen what has become of our country. Please do not let it get worse.

I am dead serious.

She just can't keep her mouth shut can she?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Well this is interesting because I have seriously been praying to God every single day that Obama wins this election.

I cannot even imagine a world with Mccain leading after dumbass Dubya. I think, God, I know you're watching and you have seen what has become of our country. Please do not let it get worse.

I am dead serious.
    I say the same prayers. Please let Obama win and please keep him, his family, Biden, and Biden's family safe from all the psychos.

^^ Yep. And that is my follow up prayer!

This is so stupid.

I'd like to hear what their reaction will be when Obama is elected. How will they justify God's actions? What excuse will they make?

I am dead serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I say the same prayers. Please let Obama win and please keep him, his family, Biden, and Biden's family safe from all the psychos.
    I say the same prayers for the election and for Obama/Biden and their families. But I also pray that people get out and vote in force.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    This is so stupid.

I'd like to hear what their reaction will be when Obama is elected. How will they justify God's actions? What excuse will they make?
    When Bush won, both times, I wanted to cry. But especially the second time around. (You know, that stolen election)? I felt like something died inside me (LOL). I was like, You have got to be kidding me. Did the US just get Punk'd? That's what I felt like.

If 'God' does the right thing, then he will send a lightning bolt down to fry her ass on election day.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

When Bush won, both times, I wanted to cry. But especially the second time around. (You know, that stolen election)? I felt like something died inside me (LOL). I was like, You have got to be kidding me. Did the US just get Punk'd? That's what I felt like.
    Me, too. I was astonished.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    This is so stupid.

don't you know, the apocalypse will come. DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    She just can't keep her mouth shut can she?
    Appearantly not. I wish they would muzzle her.

Nothing scarier than a conservative with a gun and God on their side.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Silver Member

That is a stupid statement from Palin. Some of these Republicans who are like Palin think they have a direct line right to God. Obama and Biden and their families are good people. Sarah Palin and McCain are running mean nasty dishonest campaigns,they don't deserve to make it to the White House. I am hoping and praying that these two lose and that Senator Obama and Senator Biden are the next President and Vice president of the United States. OBAMA-BIDEN 2008

^^ Yep. And that is my follow up prayer!

Keep praying. It can't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I say the same prayers for the election and for Obama/Biden and their families. But I also pray that people get out and vote in force.
    KC, sadly, some days my faith in this system is so depleted, I wonder if the travesty which was the 2000 election, will be blown out of the water by how far the powers that be would be willing to go to keep Obama out of the White House.

After the 2000 farce, I had an epiphany. Regardless of what the people want, the government has ways to slap us in the face.

I would not be surprised to see Obama win the popular vote by millions, yet the Electoral College votes somehow give McCain a comfortably padded number above 270.

If McCain steals this election, I am throwing an End of the World As We Know It party.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information