Thread: Call center workers in 2 states quit over anti-Barack Obama scripts

Question Call center workers in 2 states quit over anti-Barack Obama scripts

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Two Call Center Workers Quit Jobs Rather Than Recite McCain Ayers Slime

By Greg Sargent - October 22, 2008, 10:05AM
    Reading McCain's Ayers slime from a script into the phone was too much for one young woman, reports West Virginia's Charleston Gazette:
    Chaylee Cole, a student at Fairmont State University, lost her part-time job in Weston last Friday after refusing to make telephone calls attacking Barack Obama... "I was working at the call center," Cole said. "We got a campaign ad talking about how Obama had been part of terrorist attacks on the Capitol, the Pentagon and a judge's home and had ties with Bill Ayers.
    "Last Thursday, I told them I did not want to read it," Cole said. "They said, 'Either you read it or you go home.' I told them I wasn't going to read it."
    A man in Wisconsin also quit his call-center job over the Ayers call, local news there reports.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Two Call Center Workers Quit Jobs Rather Than Recite McCain Ayers Slime

"We got a campaign ad talking about how Obama had been part of terrorist attacks on the Capitol, the Pentagon and a judge's home and had ties with Bill Ayers.
    Wtf? When did that happen?

People who write this shit should be arrested.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Don't you know, Grimm? Obama was flying one of the planes that hit the twin towers. Only a terrorist could survive it and end up running for preznit!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the second article:

Robocaller quits his job

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 10:27 PM EDT
    Featured VideoMan quits making Robo calls

Most Read Storiesmore>>Former GOP State Senator Barbara Lorman endorses Barack Obama
    Pilot arrested, pot found on plane
    Chainsaws and shotgun stolen from garage
    Suspect identified in Baird Street shooting

Most Watched Videomore>>DNR Flood Insurance
    Green bailout
    Fire extinguishers
    Medihoney

Madison (WKOW) -- There's a new perspective on the now infamous robocalls paid for by the Republican National Committee.
    Voters in more than 13 states, including Wisconsin are getting calls from people accusing Barack Obama of having ties to terrorists. Some of those calls are made from right here in Madison.
    A local man made dozens of calls bashing Barack Obama, but when the campaign got ugly, he quit his job.
    Ted Zoromski of Middleton took a job this month at telemarketing firm Sitel, on Madison's west side.
    "There was a contract they were hiring for," Zoromski said. "It was for political reasons, and my job would just be on the phones."
    He knew he'd be making calls on behalf of the Republican National Committee, asking voters about who they were voting for, and what issues mattered most to them.
    "You show up, you sign in, you log in, you get your headset on and you start your work," he said. He didn't expect the script to go negative.
    Following is the script of a robocall being sent to voters in Wisconsin:
    "Hello. I'm calling for John McCain and the RNC because you need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, whose organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home and killed Americans. And Democrats will enact an extreme leftist agenda if they take control of Washington. Barack Obama and his Democratic allies lack the judgment to lead our country. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008 and the Republican National Committee at 202-863-8500."
    Zoromski said, "This was different than I was told I was going to be saying, and [Sitel] said the script changes on a daily basis."
    So Zoromski quit, fed up with what he perceived as scare tactics.
    The Wisconsin GOP says it had nothing to do with the calls, but says negative ads go both ways.
    "This is not really different from any of the other messages we've had out there," said Marc Jefferson, of the Wisconsin GOP. "We've seen Barack Obama attack John McCain over his staff people and who they've been associated with."
    Meantime, Ted Zoromski is unemployed, but says his conscience is clear.
    "Even though I was being paid to do it, I didn't feel comfortable, he said."
    John McCain is fighting members of his own party regarding the negative phone calls. Senator Susan Collins of Maine, and former secretary of state Colin Powell, both Republicans, are condemning the ads.

We also contacted Sitel about the robocalls. A spokesperson said the company could not comment.

WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports -Robocaller quits his job

Mccain is running one of the dirtiest campaigns in history. It's really disturbing.

"We've seen Barack Obama attack John McCain over his staff people and who they've been associated with."
    This is what gets me, anytime Republicans are called out on their tactics they try to act like Obama is doing the exact same thing. What are they, five?

^^ That sentence stood out for me, King.
    It's so ridiculous. They are trying to say that O has sunk to the same lows they have. They are insane.

^^Well, they are working for the McInsane/Psycho ticket.

^^ I know. And it is seriously infuriating how they are running such a dirty dirty dirty campaign

^^Republicans are afraid of losing their power, and they'll do anything to keep it.

^^ It's revolting.

^^Hopefully, it'll backfire on them and Obama will win in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Mccain is running one of the dirtiest campaigns in history. It's really disturbing.
    They really don't have anything to run on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    They really don't have anything to run on.

But they will defend the use of these tactics by saying it used to be far worse back in the 1800's where they called each others wives whores, etc.. What they fail to recognize is that this is the day of constant 24/7 media to the entire world, not just the ten or fifteen people in town that could read and the month and a half it would take for word to travel round. I wish someone would arrest Rove for treason and terrorism he's invented with his lies and manupulations because IMO he has been the puppet master making things very divisive in the nation right now and CONTINUES even though most of America is saying STOP.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information