Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do the candidates' tempers matter to you?

Bronze Member

Default Do the candidates' tempers matter to you?

We are all just but human but will you take into consideration a candidate's temper or you won't mnd their emotional mood swings?What are your assessment of the candidates' temperaments.
    Last edited by Tati; October 22nd, 2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: removed embedded link
    There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.

Temper does matter. You don't want somebody who blows up constantly with access to the nuclear codes. Now everybody gets angry, but when you're angry all of the time that's a bad thing. Especially if you're 72 years old and have an uneducated, failed-beauty queen as your VP.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Hmmmm....Clinton was notorious for having a rotten temper at times but I'd trust him to be president again. It depends on other factors. I don't single out McGrumpy for his nasty temper as much as I single him out for being a self-serving asshole who will do anything to win, regardless of who it hurts. Character-free fucktard, that guy.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Default Re

Yes and no. John McCain's well-known temper doesn't actually bother me that much. I have never worried that he is going to push the button on the nuclear weapons, for example, just because he is pissed. I imagine his temper is more of a problem for those closest to him (calling Cindy a c__t, for example).

What I really admire about Obama is not so much that he doesn't get angry (I'm sure he does--everybody does at times) but that he stays focused. He has demonstrated this throughout the campaign. He doesn't take stuff personally and he doesn't let it distract him from what he is trying to accomplish.

McCain's not in good spirits lately but that means he has feelings and emotions. Palin is much more dangerous, she is pure evil, no feelings and no conscience whatsoever.

Biden and Obama seem pretty normal.

There is NO disputing that Mccain has a molotov cocktail of a temper.
    This is a man who couldn't even look at his running opponent in the eyeballs at some of the debates, grimaced, winced, eye-rolled, the list goes on.

How on Earth will he deal with real enemies we face as a nation?

doesn't bother me if he can control it....

we've already had a President who killed a man for insulting his wife....he clearly had quite the temper, but was able to control it most of the time.

I don't trust people who never get angry, and I don't trust people that are angry all the time. It's a balance thing.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I would rather have a person who is capable of keeping his emotions in check in the proper atmosphere like when sitting across from an enemy leader and discussing peaceful agreements to difficult situations. No one wants a robot, just someone capable of showing emotion at the proper time.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

another reason to vote for Barack, he's cool!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    doesn't bother me if he can control it....

we've already had a President who killed a man for insulting his wife....he clearly had quite the temper, but was able to control it most of the time.

I don't trust people who never get angry, and I don't trust people that are angry all the time. It's a balance thing.
    Agreed, if they can control it. Who's the President that killed a man? I must have missed that in History class.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Hmmmm....Clinton was notorious for having a rotten temper at times but I'd trust him to be president again.
    I don't remember Clinton losing it, temper-wise

Temper says a lot about how a candidate will be able to handle situations and how he will act under pressure, so yes, it definitely matters

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Agreed, if they can control it. Who's the President that killed a man? I must have missed that in History class.

Andrew Jackson. Pretty juicy stuff:

On this day in 1806, future President Andrew Jackson kills a man who accused him of cheating on a horse race bet and then insulted his wife, Rachel.

Contemporaries described Jackson, who had already served in Tennessee’s Senate and was practicing law at the time of the duel, as argumentative, physically violent and fond of dueling to solve conflicts. Estimates of the number of duels in which Jackson participated ranged from five to 100.

Jackson and Dickinson were rival horse breeders and southern plantation owners with a long-standing hatred of each other. Dickinson accused Jackson of reneging on a horse bet, calling Jackson a “coward and an equivocator.” Dickinson also called Rachel Jackson a “bigamist.” (Rachel had married Jackson not knowing her first husband had failed to finalize their divorce.) After the insult to Rachel and a statement published in the National Review in which Dickinson called Jackson “a worthless scoundrel” and, again, a “coward,” Jackson challenged Dickinson to a duel.

On May 30, 1806, Jackson and Dickinson met at Harrison’s Mills on the Red River in Logan, Kentucky. At the first signal from their seconds, Dickinson fired. Jackson received Dickinson’s first bullet in the chest next to his heart. Jackson put his hand over the wound to staunch the flow of blood and stayed standing long enough to fire his gun.

Dickinson’s seconds claimed Jackson’s first shot misfired, which would have meant the duel was over, but, in a breach of etiquette, Jackson re-cocked the gun and shot again, this time killing his opponent. Although Jackson recovered, he suffered chronic pain from the wound for the remainder of his life.

Jackson was not prosecuted for murder, and the duel had very little effect on his successful campaign for the presidency in 1829. Many American men in the early 1800s, particularly in the South, viewed dueling as a time-honored tradition. In 1804, Thomas Jefferson’s vice president Aaron Burr had also avoided murder charges after killing former Treasury secretary and founding father Alexander Hamilton in a duel. In fact, Rachel’s divorce raised more of a scandal in the press and in parlors than the killing of Dickinson.

This Day in History 1806: Andrew Jackson kills Charles Dickinson in duel
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

YouTube - John McCain's Rage is a National Security Concern

Here's a video posted a few days ago. He's a bully and a pussy when he doesn't get his way.

Silver Member

If the person can control his temper it's alright. McCain on the other hand does have a mean temper I've heard. A lot of the other politicians don't like him and have had an encounter with his bad temper. Don't trust him with any foreign leaders with a temper like that. McCain is also a big Warhawk and that's definitely no good.

McCain's eye rolling and cold rage towards his opponent indicates to me he is a petty,vindictave little SOB and Sarah Palin promises to be worse. That goes past a bad temper,to me. I think anyone who is passionate about things has a temper,and I do not fear that. McCain, who would not even make eye contact with Obama during the first debate,while knowing full well a million or so voters were watching, came off as a petty school boy. The thought of him facing other worlds leaders makes me cringe.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information