Thread: CNN says John McCain has lost New Mexico, Iowa and Colorado (yes, Colorado)

Question CNN says John McCain has lost New Mexico, Iowa and Colorado (yes, Colorado)

This is a very revealing bit of news from CNN Chief National Correspondent John King (we've heard repeatedly that John King is a big fan of John McCain, which heightens our interest in this news).

According to King, inside the McCain campaign, they're pretty much writing off the chances of winning not only New Mexico and Iowa, but Colorado with its nine electoral votes. Without Colorado, McCain's path to victory is becoming non-existent. Team McCain is basing all hope on the delusional idea McCain can win Pennsylvania:

The McCain campaign is looking at an Electoral College strategy heading into the final two weeks that has virtually no room for error and depends heavily on a dramatic comeback in Pennsylvania, which hasn't backed a Republican for president in 20 years.

While Iowa, New Mexico and Colorado are still officially listed as McCain target states, two top strategists and advisers tell CNN that the situation in those states looks increasingly bleak. Iowa and New Mexico always have been viewed as difficult races, but the similar assessment of Colorado reflects a dramatic shift for a campaign that had long counted on the state.

"Gone," was the word one top McCain insider used to describe those three states.

This source said while the polls in Colorado remain close, he and most others in the operation were of the opinion that the Obama campaign and its allies have a far superior ground/turnout operation and "most of us have a hard time counting on Colorado."

This begs the question of whether Chuck Todd will finally tilt Colorado to Obama. NBC's map has had Obama at 264 electoral votes for the past couple weeks. Colorado would put him over 270 electoral votes in NBC's projections.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    interesting
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think it's all over but the shouting.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I'll believe it on Election Day. Until then nothing is written in stone.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

You're right...I shouldn't throw a jinx on things.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I know that Washington Republican insiders have been saying for months that it's over. I would not want to underestimate the stupidity of my fellow Americans, bless their lil' ol' hearts. Therefore, I am terrified that McCain/P-p-ppppPalin could still win this election.

Come on, Obama supporters: vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote Vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote ...
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

On the nasty librul newz today, they made note that no Republican candidate has won without winning Ohio. Its 46% McCain and 45% Obama at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    You're right...I shouldn't throw a jinx on things.
    Me too.

Keep on voting for Barack!

No excuses-vote early. Allow for any number of things to go wrong. What if you wake up with a flat tire? Or get flu? This election is still too close for me. Get out there!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No excuses-vote early. Allow for any number of things to go wrong. What if you wake up with a flat tire? Or get flu? This election is still too close for me. Get out there!
    Yeah, my father was telling me that tonight. He voted early because he didn't want to run into any problems on Nov. 4.

Elite Member

I want McCain and Palin to go down in flames. Landslide Obama.

Thread Information