Thread: Resigned NY governor Eliot Spitzer celebrates 21st wedding anniversary

Default Resigned NY governor Eliot Spitzer celebrates 21st wedding anniversary

Silda stands by Eliot Spitzer, celebrates their anniversary
    despite hooker mess.

Silda and Eliot Spitzer, who marked their 21st anniversary Friday, take a stroll on Madison Ave., where they noshed at a deli.

It's been seven hard months since Silda Wall Spitzer awoke to the news that her husband - New York's governor - patronized high-priced hookers.

Seven months since she stood ashen-faced by Eliot Spitzer's side as he resigned in disgrace.

Seven months since he ripped a hole in her heart and left her with little to do but cry.
    Now, as the couple mark their 21st anniversary together with outward warmth - as exclusive Daily News pictures show - people close to Silda say she has made her peace, deciding to stay married to the man she fell for at Harvard Law School and to keep her family whole.

"Her crying days are over," said one person who is close to Silda, and who, like every person interviewed for this story, asked not to be identified.

"As best you could put what happened behind, she has. She is looking forward to what's next on the horizon."
    "She has a lot invested in her marriage, in her three children," said another.

The former rising corporate lawyer - who sacrificed her career to her husband's political ambition and raising three daughters - has even gone back to work.

Just two weeks ago, she returned to the private sector - working at an investment firm where she hopes to focus on funding "green-tech" projects and alternative energy.

Then, on Friday, their anniversary - their first since the scandal - they had a quiet breakfast at a Madison Ave. deli.

She had toast. He had oatmeal. They shared laughs.
    Asked if he was doing anything special for this anniversary, the man who was never at a loss for words was tongue-tied.

Ever the loyal wife, Silda rescued him. "Having breakfast!" she said with a big smile.

The pair, dining with a friend at Eli Zabar's E.A.T. seemed happy and at ease with each other, just a little more than half a year after Eliot Spitzer's prostitution scandal crushed his family and career.
    RELATED: I'M NO MONSTER, SAYS N.J. GIRL WHO BROUGHT DOWN SPITZER

A federal wiretap picked up Spitzer labeled as Client No. 9 arranging $4,300-a-night trysts with 22-year-old Ashley Dupre in the Mayflower Hotel in Washington.
    Those close to the Spitzers said he misses being able to be part of the national conversation, particularly about the economy and the banking excesses he railed

against as New York's attorney general and governor.
    She regrets not being able to follow through on projects she started as First Lady.

Friends said they did not know if the couple - or Eliot alone - was still in therapy.

Their social life consists of seeing friends privately, since they are no longer on anyone's political dance card.

"Who would go to those dinners if you didn't have to?" sniffed one associate who is on the circuit.

The Spitzers married on Oct. 17, 1987, at the Central Park Boathouse. Manhattan Federal Judge Robert Sweet conducted a civil ceremony.

One guest recalled it was an elegant and small gathering between the Wall family, Baptists from a small town in North Carolina, and the Spitzers, a wealthy Jewish New York family.

"Silda seemed so happy on her wedding day. I guess it was everything she always dreamed of," said the guest.
    On Friday, it certainly appeared at breakfast that New York's former first couple had moved on from the darkest days of their marriage in March.

The two - dressed almost alike in tan slacks and dark blazers - seemed to enjoy an unguarded hour with a friend around the corner from their Fifth Ave. apartment. They chatted with a reporter for a few moments, before leaving a $10 tip on the table and walking out into a sun-drenched autumn morning.
    The couple walked a half block down Madison Ave. before stopping to hail a cab and pose for a Daily News photographer.

A spokeswoman for the Spitzers said they would be celebrating their anniversary at their upstate farm.
    "I'm sure it will be a little strange," said one friend. "Things have certainly changed since their last one."

Silda stands by Eliot Spitzer, celebrates their anniversary despite hooker mess

You can't pay me to understand what she feels she has invested. He is no prize. He risked his entire life, family and career to get his rocks off.

What's he up to these days?

He looks like a hobbit.

His mistake was in making a lot of enemies when he was AG......he had no one's support when the story broke...

Patterson has lots and lots of skeletons in his closet, but political people like him...so they don't air his dirty laundry in public....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^Didn't Patterson and his wife both admit to affairs?

What are your thoughts on Bloomberg attempting to seek a third term?

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    ^Didn't Patterson and his wife both admit to affairs?

What are your thoughts on Bloomberg attempting to seek a third term?
    they did both admit it...but there's alot more there, it just hasn't come out.....He's very well liked, in his party as well as outside it. Spitzer wasn't even liked in his own party.

On term limits the fact that they are trying to pass it through without the public input is wrong. When we put term limits in, it was on the ballot and we voted on it. So if it's to be removed then they should put it on the ballot and let us vote again. Now they are just trying to push it through on city council votes.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    they did both admit it...but there's alot more there, it just hasn't come out.....He's very well liked, in his party as well as outside it. Spitzer wasn't even liked in his own party.

On term limits the fact that they are trying to pass it through without the public input is wrong. When we put term limits in, it was on the ballot and we voted on it. So if it's to be removed then they should put it on the ballot and let us vote again. Now they are just trying to push it through on city council votes.
    I guess as long as Patterson is well liked he'll be safe. I do think Spitzer pissed off a lot people and who were probably quite happy when this scandal broke.

It seems unfair they won't put it on a ballot for a vote but goes to show that they'll find a way to push something through one way or another.

Did they celebrate by going to a strip club? Giving each other freebies? Have a no-rules one-night-only deal?

Oh wait.. been there, done that.

How are these two still married to one another?

If Silda Spitzer can live with it, then whatever I guess. I don't know that I could forgive, forget, and move on with the marriage, but it ain't me.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Thread Information