Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated electoral map: Barack Obama at 315

Thumbs up Updated electoral map: Barack Obama at 315

Updated Electoral Map: Obama at 315 - The Fix

(click the link to look at the map)

Fifteen days remain in the presidential race and the electoral map appears to be hardening in Barack Obama's favor with the Illinois senator playing offense in a number of red states while John McCain has largely retreated within the borders of the 2004 map that gave President George W. Bush a second term.

Overall, we have Obama at 315 electoral votes and McCain at 223 -- the largest edge the Illinois senator has ever enjoyed in any Fix electoral map, a dominance built on a huge financial edge over McCain and a playing field that has tipped heavily in Democrats' favor over the past month.

There are three changes -- two major, one minor -- from last week's map:
    1. Florida: Obama had the television airwaves in the Sunshine State to himself and yet his numbers never moved. About a month ago that all changed with Obama moving into a small -- but perceptible -- edge in Florida, a lead he has maintained for the last 28 days. Obama's momentum is aided by his massive spending edge in the state; from Oct. 7 to Oct. 13, Obama dropped $4.7 million on ads in the state -- roughly $3 million more than McCain and the RNC spent during that same period. It's working.

MOVE FROM MCCAIN TO OBAMA

2. Ohio: As McCain's support in battleground states has eroded over the past two weeks, Ohio has held remarkably steady. A new Mason-Dixon poll done for NBC -- and revealed yesterday on "Meet the Press" by the incomparable Chuck Todd -- showed the race a dead heat with McCain at 46 percent and Obama at 45 percent. That McCain's numbers haven't cratered in Ohio as they have elsewhere suggests that if the Arizona senator can build even the small bit of momentum over the next 15 days he can win the Buckeye State. And, he needs to win it. Badly. MOVE FROM OBAMA TO MCCAIN

3. Nebraska's 2nd district: Nebraska gives out a single electoral vote for the winner of each of its three congressional districts and the Obama campaign has long had its eye on the 2nd district -- the most Democratic of the three seats in the state. A new poll conducted by John Anzalone for Democratic candidate Jim Esch statistically tied with Republican Rep. Lee Terry and, at the presidential level, Obama trailing McCain by just four points -- 48 percent to 44 percent. Given's Obama cash edge, he can make a real play for the 2nd district. Can McCain match it? MOVE FROM MCCAIN TO OBAMA

Agree or disagree with our most recent moves? The comment section awaits.

Oh gosh. Fifteen more days. Insanity!

^^ I know! I am sooooo nervous. I have never felt like this about any other election EVER! (Well I've only been voting since 1988, but you know what I mean.)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    ^^ I know! I am sooooo nervous. I have never felt like this about any other election EVER!
    Ah! Me, too!

I think its because of the fate of the world hangs in the balance is what makes this so important and I dont think I am joking. Just thinking of Palin a heartbeat away *shudders*

Gold Member

^^Exactly. I am seriously scared if she gets in. I know Obama can't fix things in the snap of a finger, but I believe that he is the one that would get us back on the right track to making us a better country. Not some bimbo who is already trying to seperate us by claiming small towns are pro-america.

This is my first vote. I am excited to do it, but know I will be so nervous on the outcome.

I'm from Ohio, and Obama has my vote.

I think the smart thing that Obama has done is to push into typically Republican states, instead of just focusing on those states that are considered 'safe.' And the fact that he's going into these rural areas, that Democrats usually avoid, is really smart on his part.

One of the best websites I've found on the eectoral votes is:

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

They update every day and give some fairly succinct analysis.

Yippy Montana has started to tighten - it's been 6 pts McCain forever, but new poll today says within 4!!!

doesnt he need like.. 370
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ 270 is the magic number
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

oh.. 370 must be for a dem majority across the board
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    ^^Exactly. I am seriously scared if she gets in. I know Obama can't fix things in the snap of a finger, but I believe that he is the one that would get us back on the right track to making us a better country. Not some bimbo who is already trying to seperate us by claiming small towns are pro-america.

This is my first vote. I am excited to do it, but know I will be so nervous on the outcome.

I'm from Ohio, and Obama has my vote.
    My first vote was 24 years ago...but I am with you on the rest. Palin is scarier than McCain(who seriously might die off in office if elected! )

I hope Ohio can pull through and finally do the right thing and go to Obama this time.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

how sad is that the poorest, more uneducated states are GOP strongholds. I bet the Republicans are proud of it. Of course, within those states, the most educated and modern areas are heavily Democratic. Imagine if this electoral map becomes true on November 5th, the Republicans will be practically isolated in the Bible Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    oh.. 370 must be for a dem majority across the board
    No, just 270 for the Presidential election. If either party gets to 60 seats in the Senate, then they have fillibuster-proof majority. The Dems are sitting at 58/59 in the polls and have a shot at hitting 60. If they reach the 60 then the Repubs really have no may to stop any agenda item that the Dems & Obama want to put through.

The hope for a huge electoral Obama victory is because this is such a divisive election and he is such a change and the Repubs are already whining that a massive landslide is needed to quiet the skeptics.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I've got my fingers crossed for Texas... gosh.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information