Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden is on fire: attacks robo-calls and mocks Sarah Palin

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Joe Biden is on fire: attacks robo-calls and mocks Sarah Palin

(AP) Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden accused Republicans of employing "scurrilous" campaign tactics and urged supporters not to be distracted from the economic issues affecting their lives.

Biden pointed to automated phone calls sent to voters in key swing states by Republican John McCain's campaign. The calls attempt to link Democrat Barack Obama to former '60s radical William Ayers.

The calls assert Obama "worked closely with domestic terrorist" Ayers, though there is no evidence the Illinois senator and Ayers are close.

"The Republican campaign has stepped up its attacks," Biden told a crowd of 3,800 at an evening rally in the Las Vegas suburbs. "You may have heard about the scurrilous phone calls that are coming into homes - in Nevada and in New Mexico, where I was, and in Virginia, where I'm going - that question Barack Obama's character and by implication question his patriotism."

"They don't hurt Barack Obama. They don't hurt me. But they hurt the American people because they're an attempt to distract you from the issues that matter to your daily lives."

The McCain campaign has defended the calls, saying the association between Ayers and Obama raises question about the Democrat's judgment.

At an earlier rally, in Mesilla, N.M., Biden took aim at a comment from rival Sarah Palin, in which she said she loves visiting "pro-America" parts of the country. Biden said he believed the whole country is patriotic.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have never been to a state that hasn't sent its sons and daughters to serve its country," Biden said in Mesilla as the crowd of about 2,000 booed Palin's reported comments. "It doesn't matter where you live, we all love this country. And I hope it gets through that one of the reasons why Barack (Obama) and I are running is that we know how damaging the policy of division ... has been.

"We are one nation, under God, indivisible," Biden shouted to the crowd. "We are all patriotic, we all love this country."

According to published reports, Palin told a North Carolina fundraiser Thursday that the best of America was not in Washington, D.C., but in small towns like the one in Alaska where she served as mayor.

The Delaware senator focused his remarks Friday on the working-class issues that have been the foundation of his appeal.

In Nevada, he spoke in a city park in Henderson, an older first-ring suburb of Las Vegas. The area has been roughed up by the collapse of the housing market. An impassioned and animated Biden, promised to rebuild the middle class, reform health care and put a temporary moratorium on home foreclosures.

His emotional and loud appeal was a stark contrast from his description of this running mate.

"Barack is going to have his hands full. But Barack is put together and, by the way, they are steady hands, you watch him," he said. "You saw how steady he is in those debates. This is man who has equanimity. This is man who not only is really bright, but he has the temperament for the moment."

McCain spokesman Rick Gorka called Biden speech "bombastic and spiteful."

"It's unfortunate that Biden used this unique opportunity to champion the protectionist, higher tax policies of Herbert Hoover instead of offering constructive solutions to help hurting Nevadans," Gorka said.Biden Attacks GOP Robo Calls, Mocks Palin, Democrat Says Calls About Obama Are "Scurrilous," Targets Palin's "Pro-America" Comment - CBS News
    He's going to go down as one of the best running mates ever. He is fantastic and I am slightly loopy over this silver fox.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Biden is the perfect running mate. He's not a liability like Palin is.

He really is, and I'm glad he's having his moment, one of the only good things Sarah Palin ever did was give Biden his moment in the sun.

Elite Member

My respect for Joe Biden grows and grows.

Joe Biden is a good man and will be a wonderful VP!

Joe's speeches just keep getting better.

Obama made a good choice picking Joe as VP.

Yeah but.. does he have a shirt like THIS??

Can you believe this lovely creature never had to pay for her own rape kit?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Goooo JOE! Okay, that was lame, I've seen a little bit too much G.I. Joe in my life. But seriously, keep 'em coming, Joe!!!!

eta: WTF @ that Sarah Palin shirt! O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

OMG that is hilarious and frightening at the same time.

it's almost hypnotic....*droool*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Look at the dude's shirt, behind the lady. I like the hair on it *drool*

At last!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Joe ROCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Why the hell are McCain's people comparing Biden's views on tax policies with Herbert Hoover? I mean, considering McCain used to hang out with Hoover back in the day, you would think they would keep that under wraps.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information