Thread: Barack Obama picks up two big endorsements in battleground states

Default Barack Obama picks up two big endorsements in battleground states

(CNN)Barack Obama scored endorsements from The Denver Post and the Miami Herald Saturday, two major newspapers in key battleground states.

In an editorial posted on the paper's Web site and set to run in its Sunday edition, the Denver Post praised the Illinois senator as "the right man to lead America back to prosperity."
    "In unsteady times, it may seem obvious to gravitate toward the veteran politician, but in this campaign, it's been the newcomer who has had the steady hand," the paper's editorial said.
    The Denver Post also praised Obama's history as a community organizer and said it well prepared him to lead the country through its current financial woes.
    “Republicans love to mock Obama's history as a community organizer," the paper said. "But here was a man with no money to offer, no patronage to dispense, no way to punish his opponents. All he could do was to work with people from all walks of life, liberals and conservatives, business people and the unemployed, and bring them together in common cause for a better community. Could there really be better preparation to reunite a worried and divided America to again pursue our "more perfect union"?
    The Miami Herald lauded Obama's handling of the nearly two-year long presidential campaign and said he offers "pragmatic solutions for problems instead of relying on ideology and worn-out slogans."
    "Sen. Obama represents the best chance for America to make a clean break with the culture wars and failed policies of the past, and begin to restore the hope and promise of America as the world's greatest democracy," The Herald wrote.
    The Denver Post endorsed President Bush's reelection bid in 2004 while the Miami Herald endorsed Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign.
    Obama wins backing from two big papers in key states

Newspaper endorsements may or may not have a big impact, but every endorsement helps.

It's great to see all these important endorsements, I posted about the Chicago Tribune endorsement yesterday.

However, the past couple days I have suddenly begun to have such a bad feeling about this whole thing. It's starting to reek of Gore/Bush with the big lead in the polls and then all the talk of voter fraud, and I just have this awful feeling that come election night there is going to be a terrible surprise in store for all of us.

it aint a democracy when the election is fucking rigged
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    It's great to see all these important endorsements, I posted about the Chicago Tribune endorsement yesterday.

However, the past couple days I have suddenly begun to have such a bad feeling about this whole thing. It's starting to reek of Gore/Bush with the big lead in the polls and then all the talk of voter fraud, and I just have this awful feeling that come election night there is going to be a terrible surprise in store for all of us.
    I'm having that same feeling. But, at least, this time there's a Democrat going on the offensive against voter fraud before the election.

But I think all of this talk from McCain about voter fraud is just the Republicans laying the groundwork for when they contest the election if Obama wins.

All I can think of in this sleazy Repug context is that Chimpy McSmirkface was talking about the "axis of evil" and he was a member of that club all along: axis of evil=Repug party.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

If we wake up to an upset the day after the elections, I don't think it'll be as easy to brush under the rug this time around. People are pissed and the facts are starting to come out about the voter fraud. I don't know about yall but if some fishy shit happens, I'm going to raise hell.

Lex Luthor (McCain) is trying to prevent the Last Son of Krypton (Obama) from rightfully winning the election!! But we won't let it happen. They're not going to win.

Superman: Truth, Justice and the American Way.

Thread Information