Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama has 4-point lead on John McCain, McCain's numbers starting to rise

Question Barack Obama has 4-point lead on John McCain, McCain's numbers starting to rise

Obama has 4-point lead on McCain - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) Democrat Barack Obama holds a 4-point lead over Republican John McCain, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Saturday.
    Obama leads McCain by 48 to 44 percent among likely voters in the four-day tracking poll, which has a margin of error of 2.9 points.
    Pollster John Zogby said that while Obama's overall lead had remained relatively stable between 2 and 6 points in the 12 days since the poll started, the latest figures showed a bump for McCain following Wednesday's final presidential debate.
    "Today was the first full sample post-debate and there's a clear indication that McCain is moving up," Zogby said.
    He added that McCain's support among Republican voters appeared to be consolidating.
    McCain was backed by 91 percent of Republicans in the poll, while Obama drew support from just 88 percent of Democrats. But Obama still enjoyed a 16-point advantage among independent voters, which many analysts expect to be a deciding factor in the November 4 election.
    "If (McCain) maintains his edge with Republicans, he stays competitive. But he's going to have to increase his share of independents," Zogby said.
    Obama, 47, has seen his lead widen in recent weeks amid the global financial crisis, with voters consistently giving him higher marks on economic management.
    The 72-year-old McCain now leads in only one age group -- those aged 35-49 -- while Obama has the edge in virtually all others including the most elderly voters.
    "That has got to be the impact of the economy on those who are nearing retirement or in retirement," Zogby said.
    But while Obama still has an 7-point lead among women voters who could be an important factor in the election, this advantage has dropped by 4 points over the course of the last two tracking polls, Zogby said.
    "And I can tell you what that means: Republican women going back to McCain," he said.
    Independent Ralph Nader drew 2 percent support in the poll, conducted Saturday through Tuesday, while Libertarian Bob Barr registered 1 percent, although support for both appeared to be slipping fractionally as the election draws closer.
    The rolling tracking poll surveyed 1,210 likely voters in the presidential election. In a tracking poll, the most recent day's results are added while the oldest day's results are dropped in an effort to track changing momentum.
    The U.S. president is determined not by the most votes nationally but by a majority of the Electoral College, which has 538 members allotted to all 50 states and the District of Columbia in proportion to their representation in Congress.

I swear, if this nation on election day makes the third electorial mistake in the presidential elections in a row, by voting McSame into office, then this country deserves all the rotten things that guaranteed will happen to it. Because if the people willingly vote for their executioner, they deserve to get their heads cut off.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

how can mcsame's numbers start to rise. he hasnt DONE anything.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm not surprised the polls are tightening up. As much as I'd like to see Obama win by a landslide it's going to be a close race.

Everybody better get out and vote. Look for more of a rise after tonight-barring a miracle. This is getting scary.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

We still have 2 more weeks for Palin or McCain do something stupid. They haven't failed us yet.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

but WHY... he's been trounced at every turn, he's a lying shithead, and he makes no fucking sense. Why would his numbers be rising?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I'm worried tonight that Palin might "charm" some people. They need to do something stupid. I was hoping those "robo" calls would turn off a lot of people.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I swear, if this nation on election day makes the third electorial mistake in the presidential elections in a row, by voting McSame into office, then this country deserves all the rotten things that guaranteed will happen to it. Because if the people willingly vote for their executioner, they deserve to get their heads cut off.
    i agree. and if it didn't affect the rest of the world, i would say, you get the leader you deserve. but unfortunately it does so i'm hoping for major republican failure on nov. 4th.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My God I turned on my TV just now (which is almost always on CNN) and I heard Palin's voice and without even waiting for the television screen to materialize. I swear, I officially can't listen to her voice anymore. I just cannot (and I do not want to hear it for the next 4 years. She needs to fade in obscurity like a bad yet funny memory). Before that, they were airing the St. Louis rally from Obama, what fresh air that was. Once they turned to McCain I felt stinky.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    We still have 2 more weeks for Palin or McCain do something stupid. They haven't failed us yet.
    LOL.

Go look at Real Clear Politics. They average all the polls on a roling daily basis. Obama is still up by 6.5% today.

he should be up by much more.

As much as I hate to even think this, I do believe the numbers are rising due to tampering.

If this country puts those morons in office by any means, everything bad that happens is karma. Obviously some in this country are blind and masochostic.

OMG don't put Palin next to Mary McDonnell!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information