Thread: Cindy McCain's tax return

Default Cindy McCain's tax return

Released Cindy McCain Releases 2007 Tax Return

By DAVID HALBFINGER
    Published: October 17, 2008
    Cindy McCain took less money out of her family beer business in 2007 than in the previous year, documents released late Friday suggested.
    Skip to next paragraph
    Blog

The Caucus

The latest political news from around the nation. Join the discussion.

Ms. McCain released the first two pages of her newly filed 2007 federal tax return, revealing little new information about the finances of the potential First Family, who file separately.
    Ms. McCain had obtained an extension “because she had not received all information necessary to complete the returns,” according to Senator John McCain’s campaign. She reported total income for 2007 of $4.2 million, including about $2.9 million in proceeds from a category of investments that includes profit-taking from Hensley & Company, the dominant Budweiser dealership in Arizona that her father, James Hensley, founded in the 1950s and which is the main source of her wealth.
    In 2006 Ms. McCain reported more than $6 million in income, of which the profits from Hensley accounted for more than $4.5 million. She took a salary of $432,991 from Hensley last year, according to earlier disclosures.
    According to the 2007 return, Ms. McCain paid total taxes of $1,138,189 and reported an overpayment of $954,112, which she asked to have applied to her 2008 estimated tax. (In 2006, her overpayment was just under $300,000.) She claimed itemized deductions of $527,666, but did not disclose the details.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

She claimed itemized deductions of $527,666, but did not disclose the details.
    Botox and Valium, I'm sure.

4.5 million.. hrm.... interesting.. when McSame said that anybody who makes LESS than 5 million isnt rich...

Oh, so VERY drole. Now you're just one of the guys McToast.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information