Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin explains what parts of country not Pro American

Default Sarah Palin explains what parts of country not Pro American

The McCain campaign is seeking to clarify a remark reported from a Sarah Palin fundraiser in North Carolina yesterday in which the Alaska Governor declared that she loved to visit the "pro-America" areas of the country -- implying, implicitly, that there were some parts of the United States she viewed as not pro-America.

The reporter who broke the story, the Washington Post's Juliet Eilperin, sends over the following, extended quote from a more detailed version of the pool report.

"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. We believe" -- here the audience interrupted Palin with applause and cheers -- "We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation. This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans. Those who are running our factories and teaching our kids and growing our food and are fighting our wars for us. Those who are protecting us in uniform. Those who are protecting the virtues of freedom."

Not sure how much this helps Palin out. Is the VP candidate saying that small towns are more authentically American than, say, suburbia or cities?
    As Eilperin writes: "The upshot? Washington D.C. is neither 'real America' or 'pro-America.' Other parts of the nation? It's unclear, but if you live in a small town, you're probably patriotic from Palin's point of view."

Palin Explains What Parts Of Country Not "Pro-America"

there's 2 parts to Sarah Palin. What she says, and what she means to say
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Or there are three parts: her medium-sized mouth, her huge ego, and her itty-bitty dried-up walnut of a brain.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

what she says, and then what she's told to say by her bitches to somehow correct her own stupidity.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The "real" America?

SOMEBODY SMACK THIS WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

It is long overdue.

McCain pulled out of Michigan, does that mean we aren't pro America?
    She wanted to stay so we are pro America?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Or there are three parts: her medium-sized mouth, her huge ego, and her itty-bitty dried-up walnut of a brain.

There's actually five parts... the mouth, the ego, what's left of her brain, breast 1, and breast 2. The last two are all the male supporters are paying attention to

Seriously... I can't think of anything to say at this point. I second the motion to smack her. Hard. Repeatedly.

Elite Member

Default Re

You know, I have tried really hard to stop thinking about her and to stop hating her so much. But I despise this particular brand of us vs. them crap. I just...hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    there's 2 parts to Sarah Palin. What she says, and what she means to say
    However many parts there are to Palin, there ALL full of shit.

Sarah Palin represents everything that is wrong with the US - she is thrilled that she is narrow-minded and she revels in her ignorance, she cherry picks which rights she believes in and denigrates those that don't fit with in the confines of her gun permit and Bible. She fundamentally does not understand what it means to be a Christian, she seems to think that it means to believe what she believes and also to be judgmental. She's a menace, does not appear to understand even the most basic issues and seems to think this is a high school popularity contest, not the single most important election in my lifetime. My true hope is that in a few year's time, she is merely a footnote and a punchline.

so she couldn't quote the anti-semite again so she's just paraphrasing him? Good one, Sarah Slick.

"...fighting our wars for us. Those who are protecting us in uniform. Those who are protecting the virtues of freedom."

Newsflash: I don't lay claim to this war. And I don't know what a 'virtue of freedom' is either, or how it's different from a 'vice of freedom'. Shut up, shut up, shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Sarah Palin represents everything that is wrong with the US - she is thrilled that she is narrow-minded and she revels in her ignorance, she cherry picks which rights she believes in and denigrates those that don't fit with in the confines of her gun permit and Bible. She fundamentally does not understand what it means to be a Christian, she seems to think that it means to believe what she believes and also to be judgmental. She's a menace, does not appear to understand even the most basic issues and seems to think this is a high school popularity contest, not the single most important election in my lifetime. My true hope is that in a few year's time, she is merely a footnote and a punchline.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

It boggles my mind that more people aren't outraged by her behavior or that it isn't getting more coverage in the MSM.

1) who decides who is pro or anti american?

2) Is Pro-American the new 'conservative' and Anti-American the new 'liberal' ?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am speechless. I suppose she might try to bomb DFW area ,if elected.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information