Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter depicts Barack Obama with watermelon, ribs

Thumbs down Newsletter depicts Barack Obama with watermelon, ribs

GOP group depicts Obama with watermelon, ribs

A San Bernardino County Republican group has distributed a newsletter picturing Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on a $10 bill adorned with a watermelon, ribs and a bucket of fried chicken.
    Linking Obama to demeaning racist stereotypes drew denunciations from various GOP officials after the illustration appeared in the October newsletter of the Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reported Thursday.

Diane Fedele, president of the group, said she had no racist intent.
    "I never connected," she told the newspaper. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."

The Obama campaign declined to comment, saying it does not address such attacks.
    The newsletter was sent to about 200 club members and associates last week by mail and e-mail. The club is a volunteer group that is not directly responsible to the state party, said California Republican Party press secretary Hector Barajas, who denounced the newsletter.
    Fedele said she had received the illustration in e-mails and decided to reprint it to poke fun at a remark by Obama that he doesn't look like other presidents.
    "It was strictly an attempt to point out the outrageousness of his statement. I really don't want to go into it any further," Fedele told the newspaper. "I absolutely apologize to anyone who was offended. That clearly wasn't my attempt."
    Sheila Raines of San Bernardino, a black member of the club, complained about the image to Fedele.
    "This is what keeps African-Americans from joining the Republican Party," she said. "I'm really hurt. I cried for 45 minutes."

is it possible for republicans to NOT be racist just for 5 minutes?

Holy shit
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ It's apparently quite difficult.

But Mccain said he stands by his supporters. All of them.

HAHAHAHA

lovely.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Holy shit
    I don't think it is. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
    Do they not realize they are shooting their self in the foot.
    I would never side with a group that acts like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Short answer: NO.

But you were probably asking a rhetorical question, huh?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

It's like they want McCain to lose. With supporters like these...

Let's face it: there's still scores of sick bastards like these dragging down our nation. How can other countries respect us, when there's still so many backward hicks with an IQ lower than that of a water melon around?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Seriously, I would have whipped her ass. Fedele knew what she was doing, she knew it was racist. How the hell you not know that those stereotypes are synonymous with blacks..bitch lying.
    Last edited by *DIVA!; October 16th, 2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling..from BB
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Diane Fedele, president of the group, said she had no racist intent.
    "I never connected," she told the newspaper. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."
    Lying bitch. If that were true then why didn't she picture him with a surf & turf and a bottle of merlot?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

WHAT THE FUCK? Just food? Ok, then pasting your ignorant, fat face next to some beef jerky and Pabst Blue Ribbon is no problem. It's just food...

She thought she was being funny. I don't mind jokes, but this is just not funny. It's lame attempt. And it's a racist stereotype.

Here's Dave Chappelle talking about chicken:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4B7G8Rw3Q[/youtube]

Lets be honest here. MOST racists are Republican, but that in no way makes ALL Republicans racist. I know plenty of good Republicans who are not racist, they just believe in small government. I do think its hard though in both parties to reconcile all of the terrible aspects of their party to what they are trying to promote. Thats why I am Independent. I couldn't align myself with either group and feel good about my decision, quite honestly.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I agree that not all Republicans are racist, but I could never align myself with a party that has so many racists in it.

Also, although it is easy to think that one should just vote for whichever candidate one thinks is best, regardless of party, in my opinion if I vote for a Republican, I am strengthening the Republican Party. I know some nice Republicans, but their party has been highjacked by the power elite and the vast mindless backward horde. The Republican party needs a makeover pronto.

I have seen a lot of comments lately when something is pointed out about McCain/Palin and the barrage of lies, and now the racist element of the party being so brazen, to the effect that "Oh, but the Democrats are bad, too."

I cannot agree. Democrats are not perfect, but overall I find them to be a much less corrupt party. That's my opinion, of course--it's based on what I've seen in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and California.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information