Thread: Sarah Palin plays gender card at Maine rally

Default Sarah Palin plays gender card at Maine rally

BANGOR, Maine (CNN) – Sarah Palin strolled into a chilly open-air hangar at the Bangor airport on Thursday and was reminded of far-flung Alaska, or so she told the enthusiastic crowd of Mainers who arrived early this morning to see the vice presidential candidate.
    “I feel like I am at home because I see the Carhartts and the steel-toed boots,” she said, standing next to Maine’s senior senator Olympia Snowe. “And I see mixed in there with the suits and the ties, the NRA hats and all those good things that remind me of home.”
    Palin sounded a note of triumph about Wednesday’s presidential debate on behalf of John McCain, who told his rival Barack Obama last night that he is not George Bush redux, despite Democratic efforts to paint him as such.
    “They look to the past because they’d rather run against the current administration, it sounds like, and that strategy though, thankfully, it’s really starting to wear very very thin,” Palin said of the Democratic ticket. “As John McCain reminded Barack Obama last night, if he wanted to run against George Bush he had his chance four years ago. This year, the name on the ballot is John McCain — and America knows that John McCain is his own man, he is the maverick.”
    Though Maine has trended Democratic for nearly two decades, the McCain campaign is making a push in the state’s rural 2nd Congressional District, which is allotted one electoral vote independent of how the state votes at large. Despite the McCain camp’s efforts, the Republican National Committee has stopped running advertisements in the state.
    “Maine, soon the choice will be yours to make, and I’m sure that you all remember the saying that as Maine goes, so goes the nation,” she said, ignoring the fact that the state in fact voted for Al Gore and John Kerry in the last two presidential elections. “So I am here to ask you, are you ready to help us carry the state of Maine to victory?” The crowd roared.
    The first woman ever to run for vice president on the GOP ticket was sure to pay homage to Maine’s tradition of electing female Republicans.
    “It’s so great to be here in the state that has elected Sen. Margaret Chase Smith, has elected Sen. Olympia Snowe and Sen. Susan Collins,” she said. “Maine, you all know something about those cracks in the glass ceiling, but the women of America aren’t finished yet. Maine, with your help this November we are going to shatter once and for all that final glass ceiling.”
    Palin praises McCain's debate performance in Democratic Maine

Palin's being a 'role model' for women again. And I see she revived the word 'maverick.'

^At least she believes in recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    ^At least she believes in recycling.
    Either that or her vocabulary is extremely limited...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I’m sure that you all remember the saying that as Maine goes, so goes the nation,”

Maine? No offense to anyone from Maine, but I don't remember them being the deciding factors in the past 2 elections.

Dear Sarah Palin,

SHUT UP. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
    Piper

^^ What Nicole said x 5 million.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I’m sure that you all remember the saying that as Maine goes, so goes the nation,”

I thought that was New hampshire? Maybe I'm wrong but this election is becoming confusing. The only thing I'm sure of is that she is a useless dumbass with no business on the national stage.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Palinnnnn
    you don't have to make that speech tonight
    whore your soul for power
    you don't care if it's wrong or if it's right...

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post

Maine? No offense to anyone from Maine, but I don't remember them being the deciding factors in the past 2 elections.
    no offense taken (being a Mainer myself) and here's apparently the history: As Maine goes, so goes the nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    in case you cared

but yeah, we really haven't been all that accurate and we have all of 4 electoral votes. 2 of which will definitely be democrat. as much as I hate having Palin in the state, if she wants to waste time with the hicks up north for all of their 2 possible electoral votes, I say go for it.

Elite Member

She's the one who is cracked.

Hillary should be suing her.

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    She's the one who is cracked.

Hillary should be suing her.
    Hillary should slap the moose shit out of her.

Thread Information