Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden puts smackdown on 'Joe the Plumber'

Default Joe Biden puts smackdown on 'Joe the Plumber'

Joe Biden says he doesn't know any plumbers that make $250K.

(CNN) — Joe Biden sounded skeptical of “Joe the Plumber” Wurzelbacher’s working-class credentials Thursday.
    “You notice John [McCain] continues to cling to the notion of this guy Joe the plumber,” Biden said on NBC’s Today show. “I don't have any Joe the plumbers in my neighborhood that make $250,000 a year that are worried.”
    “The Joe the plumbers in my neighborhood, the Joe the cops in my neighborhood, the Joe the grocery store owners in my neighborhood — they make, like 98 percent of the small businesses, less than $250,000 a year,” said the Democratic VP nominee. “And they’re going to do very well under us, and they’re going to be in real tough shape under John McCain.”
    McCain cited Wurzelbacher, who questioned Obama about his tax plan during a recent Ohio campaign swing, as someone would face higher taxes under the Democrat’s economic proposals.
    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean annual wage for plumbers, pipefitters and steamfitters in the United States in 2007 was $47,350.
    Biden questions 'notion of this guy Joe the plumber'

First, Biden put the smackdown on 'maverick' now Joe the Plumber.

^^ Biden is holding nothing back! LOL

I caught this on NBC this morning and at the end Meredith Viera said, Sarah Palin was invited by NBC to come on this morning, but she declined.

HAHA

She says it almost every single day. And especially the times Biden is on.

Joe really has a knack for being succinct in his put-downs and without coming across as an ass like someone else in this race.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

haha it's starting to get airplay that joe the plumber is a fraud.

NICE
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well good! All ridiculous lies like this should be exposed for what they are.

I hope McCain's pants catch fire.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Joe the plumber, American's most famous tradesman, said he doesn't have a plumbing license. Joe Wurzelbacher said he works for a small plumbing company that does residential work. He said that because he works for someone else, he doesn't need a license.

Wurzelbacher was cited by Republican candidate John McCain Wednesday night in the presidential debate as an example of someone who wants to buy a plumbing business but would be hurt by Barack Obama's tax plans. The Democrat said that his tax plan would only affect people making more than $250,000 a year.

Wurzelbacher, 34, said he was flabbergasted by all the attention coming his way after the final presidential debate. On Thursday, he started his day with an early morning workout and came back to his suburban Toledo, Ohio, home only to find the media wanting to do live interviews with TV networks.

Reporters camped out by his house overnight and by midmorning there were 21 people on his driveway surrounding him, holding cameras and notebooks. He said he was surprised that his name was mentioned so many times during Wednesday night's debate between Obama and McCain. Wurzelbacher talked about his desire for Americans to be informed voters in November. When reporters asked who he was voting for, he politely answered: "At this point I'm not telling anybody anything."

He said Americans want to know about real issues and probably aren't so interested in 'Joe the Plumber.'

"I’m a flash in the pan, I’m not a megastar," Wurzelbacher said. "I’m not Matt Damon. I’m not any of those guys who have droves of women and men who want to be like them, that say 'Yeah, I’ll vote for him, because Matt Damon said so'."

'Plumber' says he has no plumbing license - The Debates - MSNBC.com

Especially if he really isn't registered to vote...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Joe the plumber, American's most famous tradesman, said he doesn't have a plumbing license. Joe Wurzelbacher said he works for a small plumbing company that does residential work. He said that because he works for someone else, he doesn't need a license.
    That sounds fishy.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    That sounds fishy.
    Yeah, and if he's going to "buy" a plumbing business, he'll need a license then, won't he?

Um, I'm not buying the he doesn't need a license because he works for someone else thing.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Joe Biden says he doesn't know any plumbers that make $250K.

(CNN) — Joe Biden sounded skeptical of “Joe the Plumber” Wurzelbacher’s working-class credentials Thursday.
    “You notice John [McCain] continues to cling to the notion of this guy Joe the plumber,” Biden said on NBC’s Today show. “I don't have any Joe the plumbers in my neighborhood that make $250,000 a year that are worried.”
    “The Joe the plumbers in my neighborhood, the Joe the cops in my neighborhood, the Joe the grocery store owners in my neighborhood — they make, like 98 percent of the small businesses, less than $250,000 a year,” said the Democratic VP nominee. “And they’re going to do very well under us, and they’re going to be in real tough shape under John McCain.”
    McCain cited Wurzelbacher, who questioned Obama about his tax plan during a recent Ohio campaign swing, as someone would face higher taxes under the Democrat’s economic proposals.
    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean annual wage for plumbers, pipefitters and steamfitters in the United States in 2007 was $47,350.
    Biden questions 'notion of this guy Joe the plumber'

First, Biden put the smackdown on 'maverick' now Joe the Plumber.
    Im sure there aren't any plumbers in Bidens neighborhood. Joe the Plumber as a plumber does not make that kind of money, but when he buys the business he works for when the man retires then he will be making more money as the owner of a company... Just like us, my husband is a homebuilder, we have a company but as a carpenter he would'nt be making $250,000 per year, but as a business owner its attainable. I agree with Joe the Plumber. I understand naturally you go into a higher tax bracket as your earnings go up. But Obama wants to spread that wealth, someone called him Robinhood, sure seems right to me.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

That sounds fishy.
    He doesn't need a license as long as the company he works for is licensed and carries the nessesary insurance, workmans comp etc.
    We have carpenters who work for us, doing plumbing and electrical work and they are not individually licensed
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I'm sorry, I'm really not understanding your point. Yes, as a business owner, he might attain the $250k threshold and then his taxes would go up. And once he passes that mark he has to give his employees more benefits. Now how exactly is that wrong? And does is really affect anyone in the buiding trades anyway? I mean most of the workers are contract workers anyway.

He doesn't need a license as long as the company he works for is licensed and carries the nessesary insurance, workmans comp etc.
    We have carpenters who work for us, doing plumbing and electrical work and they are not individually licensed.

State laws vary, it sounds like Florida and Ohio have different regulations.

According to Ohio building regulations, he has to maintain his own license even if he works for someone else.

I bet Joe the Plumber wishes he'd kept his mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    haha it's starting to get airplay that joe the plumber is a fraud.

NICE
    Haha, Grimm. You know it was you that called CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    COLUMBUS, Ohio - Joe the plumber, American's most famous tradesman, said he doesn't have a plumbing license.
    I hope this goes on every news station by noon. This is rich.

And man, the news media sure does dig for all kinds of dirt. Poor Joe.

Joe The Plumber: Not A Tax Expert

HAHAHAHA.

Off topic but I have been trying to get a guy Joe I'm working with on a project in another office to answer his fucking phone and he won't. He is so hard to get a hold of. Everytime I leave him a message, I'm like JOE, you better call me now. LOL.
    Last edited by cmmdee; October 16th, 2008 at 12:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information