Thread: Incendiary new ad attacks Barack Obama's 'wrong values'

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Incendiary new ad attacks Barack Obama's 'wrong values'

CBS News' Michelle Levi reports that a PAC called Our Country Deserves Better is now running an ad that is essentially a compilation of most of the character and association attacks made against Barack Obama throughout the year.

The ad, "Obama's Wrong Values," began running Sunday night in Reno, Nevada and has since expanded across the state. The group plans to air the spot in Colorado starting tomorrow and run it in Michigan – where McCain has pulled his advertising – by the end of the week.

According to a PAC spokesman, the group has already spent just under $100,000 in Nevada and Colorado to run the spot. The group said its budget in Michigan is "$500,000 or higher." It said it has plans to expand to Ohio and Pennsylvania, adding that its funding comes largely from a large number of small donors.

The anti-Obama group says it is kicking off a two week "Stop Obama Tour," which will include rallies, starting tomorrow.

According to its web site, the group has one objective: "to defeat Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election."

They promise they "won’t be subtle or vague - America’s future is at stake, and it’s time someone stood up to Barack Obama and told the American people why this man cannot, and must not, serve as our next Commander-in-Chief."

The 30 second spot opens with a narrator saying "Barack Obama seems to have different values from most Americans." As he says this, the Democratic nominee is spotlighted without his hand on his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

"His supporters put up Cuban flags with the murderous leftist Che Guevara in Obama's campaign offices," the narrator continues. "Obama's campaign received $33,000 in illegal donations from Palestinians living in the Middle East. A top official of the terrorist group Hamas endorsed Obama's campaign. And who can forget these hateful sermons from Obama's pastor of over 20 years."

At this point, Rev. Jeremiah Wright is shown saying "God Damn America." Incendiary New Ad Attacks Obama's "Wrong Values" - Horserace
    Another Swift Boat attempt by desperate losers.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Proves the boat is sinking.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Apparently, they haven't been paying attention for the last week or two. The negative attacks just backfire on McCain, not help him.

The 30 second spot opens with a narrator saying "Barack Obama seems to have different values from most Americans."

Why don't they just come out and say what they really want to say.

If you want to see bigoted commercials, you should find the ones from the New Orleans representative candidates. Keep in mind, this is the same area which elected David Duke and supported Pat Buchanan.

Since I support Obama and will vote for him and have every reason to conclude from his record that his values are a lot like mine (but I am more extreme), this ad is an insult to me. I consider it an insult to anyone who believes Obama would best represent their views and priorities.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Here is a sample:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIu9gwJxGmw&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm-jm3YkiP4&feature=related[/youtube]

As Jon Stewart said last night "Why won't he tell us he doesn't molest babies?"

Values huh? Let's see, my values versus the McCain/Palin values:

1) I believe in the sanctity of marriage and would never cheat on a spouse. I also would never apply for a marriage license before my divorce was final.

2) I believe that you teach your children to respect themselves, their bodies and future and the sole role of a parent is to teach their child how to make good, informed decisions. This includes lectures titled "Masturbation is your obligation", "Oral sex IS Sex" and "No matter what, protect protect protect yourself." (Ok. my daughter thinks I'm weird and runs away from me when I look like I might start another discussion, but dammit, she WILL NOT be 25 before she figures out she gets a voice in sex, she will not service some boy and she most definitely will not be having her 2d child before she turns 18).

3) I believe that the very worst traits someone can exhibit are hypocrisy, a propensity to lie and having no self awareness.

So, hmmm, nope, my values are not in line with the McCain Palin folks. I wonder what else is out there for me to believe in????

Thread Information