Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin: There's no black people coming to dinner at my White House

Default Sarah Palin: There's no black people coming to dinner at my White House

On April 29, 2008, 14 leaders of Alaska's black community met with Gov. Sarah Palin to voice discontent with her minority hiring record. Palin's response, which was first reported by journalist Earl Ofari Hutchinson, only compounded her icy relationship with her African-American constituents.

Gwen Alexander, the president of the African-American Historical Society of Alaska, told me that Palin stated defiantly that she had no intention to hire any minority staffers. And according to Bishop Dave Thomas, senior pastor of Anchorage-based African-American church Jesus Holy Temple, the Palin administration excluded black business owners from the Alaskan oil and gas pipeline board. "We wasn't even able or allowed to go into the meetings" to seek contracts for the pipeline, Thomas told me.
    Palin further alienated Alaska's black community by becoming the first

Alaskan governor in recent memory to not recognize the Juneteenth celebration of the emancipation proclamation. "She doesn't hire any black people, she doesn't have any on her staff, so it's not a surprise that she doesn't support our Juneenth celebration," Alexander said.

These revelations and many more are contained in my latest video, which was produced with support from the Nation Institute Investigative Fund.
    Max Blumenthal: How Sarah Palin Has Excluded African-Americans
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Why am I not surprised? Racist skank.

In all fairness, even PDiddy didn't know there were black people in Alaska. JK

P Diddy wasn't alone.

Why is it so surprising this trashy, uneducated whore is a racist?

I don't think anyone is surprised. In Alaska, African Americans do not make up a large voting block..she didn't need them to get elected and, as we know, if she doesn't need you...you are done. Just ask her former staff members.

Palin is just pure evil! I bet she does not have a single redeeming quality.

Gwen Alexander, the president of the African-American Historical Society of Alaska, told me that Palin stated defiantly that she had no intention to hire any minority staffers

Well color me shocked.

*wonders if anyone else noticed the grammatical error*

^^yeah...."We wasn't even able or allowed to go into the meetings"

I read the original story from Ofari Hutchinson from the link in the OP.....

On April 29, fourteen Alaska black leaders that included prominent ministers, NAACP officials, and community activists met with Palin to voice their complaint over minority hiring and job opportunities. During the meeting she allegedly said that she didn’t have to hire any blacks. Even more damning, she purportedly said that she didn’t intend to hire any.

This charge is so racially incendiary that it sounded like yet another one of the legion of Palin urban legends that have fueled the cyber gossip mill from the instant Republican presidential contender John McCain plopped her on his ticket. The charge had to be confirmed or denied. If Governor Palin or any other public official flatly said that they had no intention to hire blacks that would be politically unpardonable. And for a potential vice-president it would and should be the kiss of death.

In a phone message to this writer, Megan Stapleton, a Palin spokesperson who works with the McCain-Palin campaign committee, vehemently denied that Palin ever said that she would not hire blacks. Sharon Leighow, a communications spokesperson in the Alaska governor’s office, also disputed the allegation. She said that Palin’s press secretary was part African-American and that two of her senior advisors were Filipino and Korean.

But Leighow was also adamant that Palin did not hire staff persons based on color, but solely on talent and skill. As she put it, “Governor Palin is totally color-blind.”

In a call to this writer, Gwen Alexander, President of the African American Historical Society of Alaska who initially reported Palin’s quip stuck by her contention that Palin made the racially charged retort.

The Hutchinson Political Report

I'm curious as to why the reporter didn't get any of the other 13 black leaders at the meeting to confim the Palin comments.

and NAACP officials were present but none have confirmed Alexander's claim- that's odd. I mean, they are the NAACP- they fight racism and stand up for civil rights....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This doesn't surprise me at all- but its going to be interesting if God forbid if she does get into the White House that she wont be able to hide her racism from others.

Yes,Style. Hard not to notice,but some very educated people don't have an "ear" for grammar.
    I am beginning to wonder if Miss Sarah isn't a throw back to the1800's.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She said that Palin’s press secretary was part African-American and that two of her senior advisors were Filipino and Korean.

Wow - so she does embrace diversity. She even has a lesbian as one of her closest friends. She is a woman of the people!

^^^ Could this be the 'friend' she referred to in her civil union answer?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    . She even has a lesbian as one of her closest friends.
    I read that as "as one of her closet friends".
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I wonder how she felt about a black woman beating her in a beauty contest, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information