Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Palin is the Dick Cheney of Dumbasses

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Todd Palin is the Dick Cheney of Dumbasses

The difference between Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney is Sarah Palin didn't flunk out of college. Dick Cheney did, so he has an excuse when he can't understand the difference between illegal and unethical. Sarah Palin should know better.

Smart? Ask anyone at the Weekly Standard: Sarah Palin is John C. Calhoun with ovum. So when a report to the Alaska legislature specifically finds her actions legal but unethical, and she makes a statement like:

"Well, I'm very very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing, any hint of any kind of unethical activity there. Very pleased to be cleared of any of that."

It's hard to know what to make of it. It can't be that she's a simpleton. (She can see Russia from her house, and Sholem Aleichem was from there, and he was a genius.) So she must be a liar.

--

The idiot is Todd.

--

The Branchflower Report on Troopergate reads like Sholem Aleichem took Dick Cheney and moved him to Chelm, the village of fools.

Bush and Cheney had their obsession with Saddam Hussein, and their backwoods doppelgangers, Sarah and Todd, had this poor peckerwood named Mike Wooten.

In both cases, the enemies had started out as friends. Saddam Hussein had been America's client in the Iran-Iraq War. Mike Wooten was married to Todd's sister-in-law, Molly.

In both cases, an administration came to power with a secret agenda. Bush/Cheney, to remove Saddam Hussein and change the face of the Middle East. The Palins, to get their ex-brother-in-law shitcanned.

Dick Cheney set up a shadow government in the Vice President's office, answerable to no one. Todd Palin got his own phone and a conference table.

Dick Cheney had the Office of Special Plans cherry picking intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. Todd Palin had pictures of Mike Wooten riding a snowmobile, even though Wooten claimed he had a bad back.

Dick Cheney said Iraq was an existential threat to America. Todd Palin said Mike Wooten was an existential threat to an improperly tagged moose.

Dick Cheney said Saddam Hussein had gassed his own people. Todd Palin said Mike Wooten had tasered his stepson.

And used steroids. And failed to pay a $5 fine for improperly disposing of rubbish. And sought to buy yellowcake from Niger. No, wait, that was the other guy.

In both cases, an absurd abuse of power was depicted as self-defense. Saddam's missiles could reach London. Mike Wooten had a car. And that was only the beginning.

Dick Cheney to Trent Lott:

"Saddam could put drone aircraft on a freighter, steam them across the Atlantic and use the route-planning software to dispatch lethal microbes anywhere from Miami to Boston."

Todd Palin to the Office of he Alaska Public Safety Commissioner:

Mike Wooten has beer in the trunk.

Sarah Palin's people wouldn't take no for an answer. They made 36 calls to anyone who'd listen to their evidence. They couldn't seem to understand why other people couldn't get it through their thick skulls that the executive should get whatever it wanted and besides their enemy was bad. Bush's people? Yeah ditto.

The law is a fine thing -- in most cases. But when you're faced with madmen like Mike Wooten, moderation is no virtue and the law is an ass. Evil must be defeated. Evildoers must be destroyed. Did I mention the moose?

Here's where the metaphor breaks down. The Palins, with Jesus in their hearts and shit between their toes, had their idiotic family vendetta and tried to turn it into a matter of state. Bush and Cheney had a war built on nothing but greed and pique and a lack of respect for human life. The Palins failed. Mike Wooten still has his job. Bush and Cheney succeeded, and hundreds of thousands of people are dead, and we paid to kill them.

See you in Chelm.Chris Kelly: Todd Palin is the Dick Cheney of Dumbasses

I wonder where the hell Dick 'the dick' Cheney has been for the past, oh, four years. Has anyone actually had a sighting of him?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Todd is definitely an idiot. He couldn't realize that people were trying to tell him, "No," for very good legal and ethical reasons.

Bronze Member

The idiot level might sink to moronic. Todd boasted on Fox's On The Record that he built his half million dollar home by himself with the help of a few contractor buddies.
    The same contractors awarded the 12.5 million dollar Wasilla sports complex a few months later and incidentally, the same contractors involved in the Steven's home improvement scandal. This is being investigated by a reporter that was on Keith Olberman's show this evening. This could get "interestin."
    Be gentle - first post by a two year lurker and devoted grimmlok fan.
    Last edited by annabel; October 13th, 2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: left out a m.

that is hysterical (except for the very real casualties of the war in Iraq). Somewhere it was pointed out yesterday that the sports complex was 12 mil and the annual Wasilla budget was like 17 mil so that right there is something. There is so much dirt out there on these people, because for whatever reason they have believed themselves untouchable for a long time apparently. I wonder about this Todd fellow, what his story is.

^^Very interesting. I did not know this at all. Any links? And welcome.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I wonder where the hell Dick 'the dick' Cheney has been for the past, oh, four years. Has anyone actually had a sighting of him?
    The Dick surfaced a few weeks ago when they were having hearings on the bailout.

I think they are definitnely keeping the 17% -er (or whatever his approval rating is now) on the DL for the time being. Unless they just keep him in a coma and give him atropine every few months when they need him for something.

Bronze Member

^^Very interesting. I did not know this at all. Any links? And welcome.
    Thanks. I didn't catch the reporter's name but he was on Countdown with Keith Olberman this evening. He said there were difficulties because permits were not required which would make a paper trail easier to follow, but he is digging. I wonder how many people are willing to go down with the S.S. Palin.

Question House Gate?

^I've read a version of it on an Alaskan blog. Here it is:
    House Gate?

11 10 2008
    Remember back to the first week in September, when it seemed like every day there was a new “gate”? Actually, believe it or not, “Troopergate” used to be known as “Palingate” in Alaska because we naively believed there was only one. Oh, how innocent we were.

Since that long ago time, our naivete has fallen away, and “gates” have been springing up like mushrooms all over Alaska: Troopergate, babygate, bookgate, pastorgate…the list seemed endless. Add to that a whole host of more recent and harder to say “gates” - Leaving-your-town-in-debt-gate, collecting-per-diem-while-living-at-home-gate, charging-victims-for-rape-kits-gate, trying-to-rid-the-world-of-wolves-and-polar-bears-gate, and we’ve been busy people. We’ve been focusing on John McCain’s I-didn’t-vet-my-running-mate-so-I’m-going-te-let-everyone-else-do-it-gate.

But now, a brand new “gate” surfaces. I present “House Gate”. There will be more digging on this one in the days to come, but here’s what we know now.
    Six months before Palin stepped down as mayor in October 2002, the city awarded nearly a half-million-dollar contract to design the biggest project in Wasilla history to Kumin Associates. Blase Burkhart was the Kumin architect on the job—the son of Roy Burkhart, who is frequently described as a “mentor” of Palin and was head of the local Republican Party (his wife, June, who also advised Palin, is the national committeewoman). Asked if the contract was a favor, Roy Burkhart, who contributed to her campaign in the same time frame that his son got the contract, said: “I really don’t know.” Palin then named Blase Burkhart to a seven-member builder-selection committee that picked Howdie Inc., a mostly residential contractor owned at the time by Howard Nugent. Formally awarded the contract a couple of weeks after Palin left office, Nugent has donated $4,000 to Palin campaigns. Two competitors protested the process that led to Nugent’s contract. Burkhart and Nugent had done at least one project together before the complex—and have done several since.

A list of subcontractors on the job, obtained by the Voice, includes many with Palin ties. One was Spenard Builders Supply, the state’s leading supplier of wood, floor, roof, and other “pre-engineered components.” In addition to being a sponsor of Todd Palin’s snow-machine team that has earned tens of thousands for the Palin family, Spenard hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004. When the Palins began building a new family home off Lake Lucille in 2002—at the same time that Palin was running for lieutenant governor and in her final months as mayor—Spenard supplied the materials, according to Antoine Bricks, who works in its Wasilla office. Spenard actually filed a notice “of its right to assert a lien” on the deed for the Palin property after contracting for labor and materials for the site. Spenard’s name has popped up in the trial of Senator Stevens—it worked on the house that is at the center of the VECO scandal as well.

Todd Palin told Fox News that he built the two-story, 3,450-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-bath, wood house himself, with the help of contractors he described as “buddies.” As mayor, Sarah Palin blocked an effort to require the filing of building permits in the wide-open city, and there is no public record of who the “buddies” were. The house was built very near the complex, on a site whose city purchase led to years of unsuccessful litigation and, now, $1.3 million in additional costs, with a law firm that’s also donated to Palin collecting costly fees from the city.

Dorwin and Joanne Smith, the principals of complex subcontractor DJ Excavation & Development, have donated $7,100 to Palin and her allied candidate Charlie Fannon (Joanne is a Palin appointee on the state Board of Nursing). Sheldon Ewing, who owns another complex subcontractor, Weld Air, has donated $1,300, and PN&D, an engineering firm on the complex, has contributed $699.

Ewing was one of the few sports-complex contractors, aside from Spenard, willing to address the question of whether he worked on the house as well, but he had little to say: “I doubt that it occurred, but if it did indirectly, how would I know anyhow?” The odd timing of Palin’s house construction—it was completed two months before she left City Hall and while she and Todd Palin were campaigning statewide for the first time—raises questions, especially considering its synergy with the complex.
    So Todd Palin says he built his lakeside home with the help of some “buddies” who were also building contractors. First of all, this alone isn’t as unusual as it might sound to those in the Lower 48. I personally know at least 4 people who have build houses with the assistance of “buddies” who were contractors. Alaska is a very do-it-yourself kind of state. Just as it isn’t really that unusual to be a pilot and own a small plane, or a snowmachine, or to go moose hunting. However, that said, we’re talking about the Palins.

Were this something that had been brought up as a stand-alone piece of evidence for a corruption investigation of a squeaky clean governor, I might never have thought it worth digging into. But usually, once you’ve established something is an onion, it doesn’t matter how many layers you peel away, it’s still an onion. And once you’ve established that someone abuses a position of power for self-gain (which we just did when the Branchflower Troopergate report was released), you can pretty well imagine that no matter how many layers you peel away, you’re likely to find more of the same.

Just as my first reaction with Palin’s and Ted Stevens’ “connection” to Spenard Builders Supply was to dare the Village Voice to find anyone who built a house in Alaska who DIDN”T have a connection with Spenard Builders Supply, we should not dismiss it too hastily. Patterns are patterns, and onions are onions. Nothing in Alaska stays hidden for long these days.
    [youtube]jcNpFShO5k0[/youtube]
    Todd Palin’s interview on Fox. He talks about building the house at minute 2:00.
    House Gate? « Mudflats

Very interesting indeed. Why isn't this being talked about more?

--Sinclair Lewis

I think it's just beginning, for now...

^^^ I hope you are right. Because I think Sarah Palin is the new Miss Pro-Life America, and I'd prefer her just to slink off back under her rock somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by annabel View Post
    Thanks. I didn't catch the reporter's name but he was on Countdown with Keith Olberman this evening. He said there were difficulties because permits were not required which would make a paper trail easier to follow, but he is digging. I wonder how many people are willing to go down with the S.S. Palin.
    I found a link to the video:
    Countdown with Keith Olbermann - The Official Web site- MSNBC.com

annabel, welcome and that's a very, very good way to get started on GR!

The Palins are too dumb to breath and should have been prohibited from breeding.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

He's busy knocking on caves looking for bin laden! HA HA.

"Well, I'm very very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing, any hint of any kind of unethical activity there. Very pleased to be cleared of any of that." This sounds like a line straight out of the script of Fargo!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information