Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republican guest on FOX tacitly admits voter fraud issue a set-up to challenge Obama

Exclamation Republican guest on FOX tacitly admits voter fraud issue a set-up to challenge Obama

Republican Guest On FOX Tacitly Admits Voter Fraud Issue A Set-Up To Challenge An Obama Win

We have long suspected here on News Hounds that FOX News’ obsession with voter fraud is nothing more than a set-up to challenge the validity of a Barack Obama win should it happen. We saw the same set-up during the 2004 election, only to have those concerns disappear the moment George Bush won the election. But suddenly, now that John McCain is slipping in the polls, the issue has suddenly resurfaced on FOX. Last Thursday (10/9/08), John Fund, the author of “Stealing Elections” and the chief “voter-fraud” monger, appeared on Hannity & Colmes and essentially confirmed that our suspicions are correct. With video.

During the first part of the segment, Sean Hannity outright accused Barack Obama of trying to steal the election via the community group ACORN who has been found to have made some false voter registrations. “Why does Barack have this history of associating with every radical and then lying and dissembling about it?” Hannity asked.

It's an outrageous and despicable lie on the face of it but especially so coming from Sean Hannity who associates with a host of modern day bigots including a Neo-Nazi on the Southern Poverty Hate Watch list. 

Hannity slyly continued his slanderous assault on Obama by pretending he was just relaying information he had gathered. Hannity said, “John Fund, I’m talking to a lot of people on the ground in states like Ohio and this is what they’re telling me, and especially with a Democratic Secretary of State. That there is an effort afoot right now in this campaign to see to it that people that are not qualified because they are registered and can vote in the same day, that they are voting where they could not meet the qualifications... Are you concerned that there's an effort by the Obama campaign, through groups like ACORN that they’re funding, to steal this election?”

Hannity never revealed who those “people on the ground” were. For all we know, they were McCain media spokespeople and/or Karl Rove. As we have come to expect, there was no Obama campaign spokesman, no ACORN spokesman, no Ohio state spokesman to counter Hannity’s spin, just FOX News Democrat Bob Beckel who seemed not to have figured out where Hannity and FOX News are trying to go with this issue.

Fund answered, “Look, I think ACORN is operating independently of the Obama campaign but the ties are very clear.”

When it was Alan Colmes’ turn, he pointed out that fraudulent registrations are not the same as voter fraud, that fraudulent registrations have not been found to lead to voter fraud and told Fund that it has “nothing whatsoever to do with Barack Obama, much as you would probably like to tie him to this for the purpose of this campaign.”

Colmes also said, “It sounds to me (unintelligible), John, in swing states where McCain’s not doing so well you’re concerned, you’re already setting it up to claim that it’s fraud, he didn’t win because of fraud. You’re concerned he’s going to lose and you’re setting up a dynamic here to make that, trying to make that case prior to the election when he loses the election.”

Fund did not deny that. In fact, he tacitly admitted it with a “Democrats did it, too” response. Fund told Colmes, “Well, excuse me. The Democrats yelled fraud after 2000. The Democrats yelled fraud after 2004. I say there’s fraud in both parties. I don’t think any party has a monopoly on virtue. But I will tell you Obama has never criticized ACORN once.”

This strikes me as a good time to write to FOX News execs and ask them again why, since they are so concerned about Obama’s associations, they STILL have not explained Sean Hannity’s association with a Neo-Nazi.
    shine@foxnews.com
    Jennie.Lubart@foxnews.com
    moody@foxnews.com
    john.finley@foxnews.com
    david.brown@foxnews.com
    Darrell.jordan@foxnews.com
    You can also contact Hannity at hannity@foxnews.com or Colmes at colmes@foxnews.com.

[youtube]wK2KrqXclK8[/youtube]

News Hounds: Republican Guest On FOX Tacitly Admits Voter Fraud Issue A Set-Up To Challenge An Obama Win

omfg that stupid acorn thing was already debunked like 50 times

Jesus christ, give it up
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Remember, when once upon a time... before any of us were born... Republicans could lose with dignity, and still hold a decent amount of class?

Wtf happened?

^^When was that? In the 1800s?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

What happened? They decided winning was more important than acting in an honourable way. Remember the guy on Faux News the other day who said it was better to win dirty than to lose gentlemanly? That about sums up the repug attitude of today.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    ^^When was that? In the 1800s?

Pretty much.

I'm just stunned that Colmes has finally grown a pair and is not acting like Hannity's little lapdog anymore.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Well, if anybody knows how to steal an election it's Republicans. They pulled it off in 2000.

Sounds like they're setting it up to have an excuse to keep voters out on election day, and then still challenge the results afterward when Obama "whips" McCain's you know what.

yep, they are exactly. my parents got their election ballots in the mail, they are rethugs and are voting absentee paper ballot because of 'vote fraud' worries. Jeebus H. Christ, rethugs own all the voting machine companies except the British one, Sequoia, I think...it's been a while, but what are their own operatives going to steal the election from themselves?

This whole thing stunk of Karl Rove from the start... Guaranteed his circus act was behind planting people (ACORN is NON-PARTISAN so there are both dems and repugs) to pull some stupid shit and blame Obama for it. I'm waiting for Guiliani to come out with some statement that he's also responsible for 911. Maybe it's time some of the non-affiliate Obama supporters start running ads about the doo doo on McPow's shoes from over the years. IMO Roveteers are also responsible for planting that stupid woman that called Obama an A-Rab so John McPow could seem nice and get booed.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Interesting. When Bush STOLE his election in the dirtiest way possible, nobody said a thing.

the dems don't need lessons in stealing a presidential election...they've had plenty of experience

1960 for the dems and 2000 for the repubs.....1-1....tie game

like they say- vote early and vote often
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

uh, 2004 for the rethugs as well.. diebold anybody
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    the dems don't need lessons in stealing a presidential election...they've had plenty of experience

1960 for the dems and 2000 for the repubs.....1-1....tie game

like they say- vote early and vote often
    What happened in 1960?

Both parties here are guilty of doing the same but not to the extent of stealing an election - Postal vote fraud is quite common here in the UK - Both on a local and national level. I think in a local level - an councillor had to resign because it was that apparent with fraud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information