Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain vows to 'whip' Barack Obama in final debate

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default John McCain vows to 'whip' Barack Obama in final debate

Republican John McCain vowed Sunday to "whip" Democratic rival Barack Obama's "you-know-what" when the two presidential candidates meet Wednesday in their final televised debate.

McCain made that pledge as top advisers said he is weighing new economic proposals to help the nation weather the financial crisis. The Arizona senator refused to answer a reporter's question Sunday about what plans he might be considering.

Addressing several dozen volunteers at his campaign headquarters outside Washington, McCain promised some of his signature "straight talk" about the state of the race. National and many battleground state polls have shown him trailing Obama amid the deepening market crisis.

"We're a couple points down, OK, nationally, but we're right in this game," McCain said to cheers. "The economy has hurt us a little bit in the last week or two, but in the last few days we've seen it come back up because they want experience, they want knowledge and they want vision. We'll give that to America."

McCain said he and running mate Sarah Palin would continue campaigning hard in the three weeks left before Election Day, in places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado. The two planned a joint appearance Monday in Virginia, a Republican stronghold turned battleground this time.

"We're going to spend a lot of time and after I whip his you-know-what in this debate, we're going to be going out 24/7," McCain said.

The two men will debate Wednesday at Hofstra University on Long Island, N.Y. CBS News anchor Bob Schieffer will moderate the 90-minute forum.

Still, McCain promised to run a "respectful" campaign in the weeks to come.

"I respect Senator Obama, we will conduct a respectful race and be sure everyone else does too. But there are stark difference between us," McCain said.

Meanwhile, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said McCain was considering policy proposals that would cut taxes on investments.

"I think it goes along the lines of now's the time to lower tax rates for investors, capital gains tax, dividend tax rates, to make sure that we can get the economy jump-started," Graham said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "It will be a very comprehensive approach to jump-start the economy by allowing capital to be formed easier in America by lowering taxes."

McCain already has laid out proposals to address the crisis, including a $300 billion plan for the federal government to buy distressed mortgages and renegotiate them at a reduced price.

The Arizona senator has said his plan is necessary to get thousands of bad mortgages off the books in order to stabilize home values and open up credit. But critics said the plan would do little more than reward financial institutions that made the bad loans to in the first place.

On Friday, McCain called for legislation that suspends for one year the requirement that investors age 70 1/2 begin to liquidate their retirement accounts. The Arizona senator said it would be unfair to force seniors to sell their stocks when stock prices have tumbled so severely. Obama aides said the Illinois senator favors a similar effort.

Obama also has offered plans to address the fiscal crisis but nothing as sweeping or controversial as McCain's mortgage proposal. On Friday, the Illinois senator announced a $900 million plan to temporarily extend an expiring tax break that lets small businesses write off investments up to $250,000 immediately, rather than over the course of several years.

Aides said Obama also wants to extend the Small Business Administration's disaster loan program to help small businesses that cannot access other sources of capital, as well as eliminate fees on SBA loan guarantees and increase the size of loans that could be covered. They put the cost at $5 billion.

Both candidates voted for the $700 billion bailout proposal Congress passed and President Bush signed into law earlier this month.McCain Vows to 'Whip' Obama's 'You Know What' in Final Debate - FOXNews.com Elections
    Hmmm...McCain is going to whip Obama on teh economy? He's more senile that I realized. And 'whip' probably wasn't the best choice of word, given the way he and his attack dog have been playing the race card.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I guess we ought to be grateful that he didn't say "lynch"?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Great word choice, McCain... I think we can all rest assured that they aren't looking to bring a violent and/or racial feeling to this election.

oh come on.. Obama has handed you your ass on a platter twice, old man.

You have nothing left except a pity stroke.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I guess we ought to be grateful that he didn't say "lynch"?
    That was my first thought too. I can't wait to hear what the next policy proposal will be...if we all do the hokey pokey that will put us all in the mood to spend money we no longer have and that will shake the credit market free?

Ummm, he also promised to go after Obama on his "associations" with people who express things not on the Repub approved list of ideas during the debate - will he be following him around the stage with a torch in a "respectful" manner?

You mean he didn't say "After I whip that one's you-know-what"?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

sounds kinda gay
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"We're going to spend a lot of time and after I whip his you-know-what in this debate, we're going to be going out 24/7," McCain said.
    Really? Will Sarah Palin will bare her face for post-debate interviews on CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS and MSNBC like Joe Biden?

Elite Member

Sara Palin is a disgrace to womanhood.

Silver Member

And I can't wait til Obama beats McCain's you-know-what at the polls!

Meanwhile, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said McCain was considering policy proposals that would cut taxes on investments.

"I think it goes along the lines of now's the time to lower tax rates for investors, capital gains tax, dividend tax rates, to make sure that we can get the economy jump-started," Graham said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "It will be a very comprehensive approach to jump-start the economy by allowing capital to be formed easier in America by lowering taxes."
    And this is going to benefit the average American how? I have an investment account, and capital gains has not been an issue this year. Also, my dividend income over the years has never been large enough that I would even notice a tax cut on that.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

And quite frankly, if el shrubbo hadn't pushed through all those tax cuts things wouldn't be quite so bad. All Obama wants to do is roll some of them back, while McCain, who used to say they weren't good cuts, wants to cut more. Pandering to the stupid as usual. I can't wait to see what new trick he pulls out of his box of idiocy come this Thursday. Talk about desperate. He's going to come up with a new economic plan at this late date? I'll wager a guess Palin has been whispering in his ear about the Alaskan rebates and he's going to say that all working Americans will get a flat refund of such and such an amount. And there are dumbasses out there who will fall for it.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

All Americans will get a pound of pre-shaped mooseburger patties per household inhabitant.

How much you wanna bet that's the only kind of rebate he's in a position to offer at this point?

^^That's about all that's left in the government's coffers. Thanks, Bush, for fucking up every single fucking thing.

--Sinclair Lewis

So, since SSDiva did it last time, I think that VODKA shots are in order for this last debate. If McCain thinks he can take it, let him try. Try try try.

I think we all know what the outcome will be. Lots of puking and swearing off vodka.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information