Thread: Sarah Palin does rare Q&A with reporters, tells more lies

Default Sarah Palin does rare Q&A with reporters, tells more lies

(CNN) — Shortly before John McCain and Barack Obama took the stage for the second presidential debate, Governor Palin ventured back behind the curtain that separates her from those who cover her every public move, accompanied by senior aides (and a campaign photographer, who chronicled the historic summit between the Republican vice presidential nominee and the reporters who trail her.)
    Palin shook hands and chatted with journalists in the press section of her campaign plane. After a few minutes of niceties, it turned into an unscheduled press conference.
    A few highlights from the rare question-and-answer session, which included comments on William Ayers, her husband’s decision to testify in the Alaska trooper investigation – and what she thinks of Tina Fey's Palin impression on Saturday Night Live — after the jump.

On why Barack Obama’s links to William Ayers are relevant in the campaign:
    PALIN: It is pertinent, it's important because when you consider Barack Obama's reaction to and explanation to his association there, and without him being clear at all on what he knew and when he knew it, that I think kinda peeks into his ability to tell us the truth on, not only on association but perhaps other things also. So, it's relevant, I believe, and I brought it up in response to the New York Times article having been printed recently, and I think it just makes us ask the question that, if there's not forthrightness there, with that association and what was known and when it was known, does that lead us to ask, is there forthrightness with the plans Barack Obama has or say tax cuts, or spending increases, makes us question judgment. And I think it's fair and relevant.

On whether Barack Obama is dishonest:

PALIN: I'm not saying that he is dishonest, but in terms of judgment and in terms of being able to answer a question forthrightly it has — it has two different parts to itL that judgment and that truthfulness and just being able to answer very candidly a simple question about ‘When did you know him, how did you know him? Is there still — has there been an association with him since ‘02 and ’05?’ We've heard a couple of different stories. I think it is relevant.

On whether she would appear on Saturday Night Live with Palin impressionist Tina Fey:

PALIN: I would love to. I would love to. I love her. She's a hoot and she's so talented and it would be fun to either imitate her or keep on giving her more material and keep her in business.

On why her husband Todd decided to change his mind and return to Alaska to testify in the official trooper investigation:

PALIN: He's always been an open book about this whole Tasergate issue, wanting to speak with investigators, wanting to speak and is with attorneys, everybody involved. The personnel board in the state of Alaska is that board tasked with dealing with any issue involving the governor, the lieutenant governor, or the attorney general.
    What the investigation turned into, led by a Senate Democrat, has been kind of a goat rope, a very partisan and very controversial type of investigation. The personnel board Todd's corroborating with, as long as all the other employees too have an opportunity to cooperate with.
    It's an open book. Nobody has anything to hide. Nobody's done anything wrong. My choice, and my responsibility to replace a cabinet member, an at-will exempt political appointment whom I did replace, because his strengths were in other areas. It wasn't in running an entire department. There was some, some duties there that he was not able to fulfill.
    So my choice, my responsibility had nothing to do with my husband or any of my staff members asking a guy to step aside and take another job, and he didn't want to take that other job.
    Palin responds to questions from reporters

Since when did Palin, or the First Dude, become open books on Troopergate?

More glittering generalities from her. And when is she going to testify in the legislature's Troopergate investigation like she promised? Oh right, she's not. She's not forthright at ALL.

Elite Member

PALIN: It is pertinent, it's important because when you consider Barack Obama's reaction to and explanation to his association there, and without him being clear at all on what he knew and when he knew it, that I think kinda peeks into his ability to tell us the truth on, not only on association but perhaps other things also. So, it's relevant, I believe, and I brought it up in response to the New York Times article having been printed recently, and I think it just makes us ask the question that, if there's not forthrightness there, with that association and what was known and when it was known, does that lead us to ask, is there forthrightness with the plans Barack Obama has or say tax cuts, or spending increases, makes us question judgment. And I think it's fair and relevant.
    Huh?

And the NY Times just reported that the two men aren't close. Or maybe that's not one of ALL the papers Palin reads.

He's always been an open book about this whole Tasergate issue,
    I just realized she referred to Troopergate as Tasergate. She can't even get that right.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I just realized she referred to Troopergate as Tasergate. She can't even get that right.

I don't think that was an accident. She's reminding people that the trooper tasered a child. But the trooper is not named Monegan, she fired Monegan to get to the trooper (and hired someone else with a history of sexual harassment--the kind of people she probably works best with--who didn't last but a couple of weeks).

This woman is mentally ill. I bet she will tear the white house down within a year. I think the repukes will not be able to handle her might throw the election anyway if they realize they've got a tiger by the tail.

... what?

I can barely read this, it's like she's trying to spit out 5 sentences at once and got them all mixed up
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ Exactly. That is migraine-inducing.

This woman is such a slag.
    They had Joe Biden on the Today Show this morning and afterward, Anne Curry was saying how they invited Palin on the show (open end invitation) and she declined to appear on it.

So what she's saying is that Barack Obama has not been forthright and honest about a close association to a 60's radical (now a respected professor who had all the charges dropped against him) that never happened. Does he need to report all casual or professional associations with everyone who may have some kind of controversial background?

Great - she and Grampa need to do the same thing.

I'll expect your list by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    They had Joe Biden on the Today Show this morning and afterward, Anne Curry was saying how they invited Palin on the show (open end invitation) and she declined to appear on it.

She declined to appear? How shocking!
    I thought they were going to make her more accessible to the media oh wait, that only applies when she is willing to be on Faux News.

^^ I know, right.
    Especially after her whole spiel on how she wanted to clear the air with the media and talk to them and not be hidden away by her old man handler.

On why Barack Obama’s links to William Ayers are relevant in the campaign:

What about all the Repugnant Ronnie Regan's friends that sat on the same board as Obama and Ayres? Was Ronnie a friend of terroists too? Give me break! IMO she is doing more to hurt than help the campaign with these little talk points Rove keeps pounding into her head. She's due for another major gaffe any day now and I'll be there to laugh. McSame is mad and he's about to implode so they'll have her running around spouting shit that eventually she'll get wrong and something bad will come out of it. Hopefully bad enough that all the spin can't turn it!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    Huh?

And the NY Times just reported that the two men aren't close. Or maybe that's not one of ALL the papers Palin reads.
    Maybe she can only read headlines.

I'm disturbed that its a "RARE" Q&A...she could be VP for christ sake...

On whether Barack Obama is dishonest:

PALIN: I'm not saying that he is dishonest, but in terms of judgment and in terms of being able to answer a question forthrightly it has — it has two different parts to itL that judgment and that truthfulness

This is coming from the same woman who won't answer in her own Troopergate ethics investigation.

Pot. Kettle.

Thread Information