Thread: Drew Barrymore backing gay friendly Barack Obama

Elite Member

Default Drew Barrymore backing gay friendly Barack Obama

[
    Drew Barrymore has thrown her weight behind Barack Obama's presidential campaign, after the senator's passionate speech about gay rights made her cry.
    The actress insists Obama has inspired her to break the habit of a lifetime and wade into the fierce debate surrounding his battle with the Republican candidate, Senator John McCain.
    Barrymore tells the November issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, "When I heard him speak about a gay person never having to sit outside the hospital room with their loved one sick inside, I burst into tears because so many people I care about are homosexual and it was profound to have someone be sensitive to that. That's the kind of world I want to live in, where we're not holding our own principles in judgment above someone or against someone."
    And she admits, "It's the first time I've really admitted I'm a Democrat."
    http://www.khbz.com/cc-common/news/s...rticle=4363463

Ummm, o.k. This is one issue where both parties are, unfortunately, alike. Palin and Biden were quite adamant about being against gay marriage. Obama isn't for gay marriage either. Yes for this one issue by default Obama/Biden are the lesser of two evils, but that's not saying much. Perhaps any political party on a presidential scale feels it is much too risky to support gay marriage and relationships outright.

And here I thought Drew was a right-winged bible thumping repugnant...not.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Ummm, o.k. This is one issue where both parties are, unfortunately, alike. Palin and Biden were quite adamant about being against gay marriage. Obama isn't for gay marriage either. Yes for this one issue by default Obama/Biden are the lesser of two evils, but that's not saying much. Perhaps any political party on a presidential scale feels it is much too risky to support gay marriage and relationships outright.
    Well, I'm gay and I don't support gay "marriage". I don't support any marriage. Marriage is a religous ceremony. Civil Unions should be legally required for all couples who want the current benefits of heterosexual "marriage". Then, if you want to have a marriage ceremony in a church, go for it.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post

Well, I'm gay and I don't support gay "marriage". I don't support any marriage. Marriage is a religous ceremony. Civil Unions should be legally required for all couples who want the current benefits of heterosexual "marriage". Then, if you want to have a marriage ceremony in a church, go for it.
    I am not gay, but I agree with you 100%

WTF is with all the political articles in the gossip section? Anything that mentions palin or any other politician needs to be in the political section.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah the gossip section should stay just that; useless news.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post

Gee, thanks, I'm flattered someone actually thinks I'm a "right winged bible thumping repugnant." Exactly how is favoring gay marriage without strings being "right wing and repugnant?"

So then you don't care that politicians can go up on stage and act one way and say another? So just because you don't happen to agree with gay marriage (or marriage) that means those who do are somehow right wing and wrong? Funny because I thought right wingers didn't like gay marriage or gays, period. So that means all those who support, fought, and struggled to have a legitimate gay marriage are somehow wrong, including all those who rushed to get married in California recently? So you don't care if some bigot comes out with an initiative in California to keep marriage as that between heterosexual couples?

Maybe you don't support it and that's fine, but don't go around insulting me or anyone else with false accusations.

Are you really Drew Barrymore, celeb2006???

And if you are, didn't you see the last word (i.e. "not") in crackho's sentence that you quoted? It implies that nobody has ever suspected Drew was a right-winger in the first pace, thus her comments come as no big surprise.

(This might actually be Drew, since nobody's ever accused her of exactly being a genius either!)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Are you really Drew Barrymore, celeb2006???

And if you are, didn't you see the last word (i.e. "not") in crackho's sentence that you quoted? It implies that nobody has ever suspected Drew was a right-winger in the first pace, thus her comments come as no big surprise.

(This might actually be Drew, since nobody's ever accused her of exactly being a genius either!)
    O.K., got it, sorry I got so heated, I thought it was directed at me. I have to learn to read better.

I'm very sorry about that crackho, thanks for the clarification MrsDark.

Can you at least tease me a little bit and tell me you might be Drew?

I have always been convinced that we've secretly had a couple of celebs here. I know for a fact we've had some of their reps.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information