Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racist school teacher in FL against Barack Obama

Default Racist school teacher in FL against Barack Obama

Greg Howard, a 7th grade Social Studies teacher in Jackson County, FL, to at least 2 classes, put this on the blackboard: An acronym for Obama's CHANGE is

C (can) (you) H (help) A (a) N (N word) G (get) E (elected)! No, he wasn't fired but transferred to teach an adult ed. class, write letters of apology to all students who saw the words, fired from his job as football coach, was put on a 10-day suspension.

I am furious about this! Please join me in writing letters to the Jackson County School Board demanding this moron be stripped of a teaching license and fired immediately!
    JCSB Home

thanks

Source: Jackson County Floridan (Home | Jackson County Floridan)
    By KATE McCARDELL / Floridan Staff Writer
    Published: October 2, 2008

The Jackson County School Board has taken action against a teacher who apparently made racial commentary on presidential candidate Barack Obama.

According to parents and students in Greg Howard’s seventh-grade social studies class, Howard on Friday, Sept. 26 asked the class a question regarding Obama’s call for change, and proceeded to write out what the letters C-H-A-N-G-E stood for.

“She told me that he wrote on the board ‘Can You Help A (expletive) Get Elected, and then laughed about it,” said Shelia Christian, a mother of one of Howard’s students.

Jackson County Superintendent Danny Sims said that description of this incident was “pretty accurate.”

Sims said Howard apparently repeated the action in more than one class, having made the comment in “a couple of periods.”

According to a news release from the school board, Howard was suspended with pay on Monday, Sept. 29.

On Wednesday Howard was given a written reprimand regarding his actions, and those actions will be reported to the Florida Department of Education Office of Professional Practices, according to the school board.

As of Thursday, he was suspended without pay for 10 days, was relieved of his football coaching duties, and will be transferred to the Jackson County Adult Education program, according to JCSB.

Howard is also required to submit a letter of apology to the students involved, and is required to attend diversity and sensitivity training, the school board reported.

Sims said Howard’s racial commentary was not directed at any students, but were directed at a political party.

“We’ve handled this swiftly and we’ve handled it with a concern that we’re not going to tolerate it and this is a pretty stiff (action). The situation is behind us and we’re ready to move forward,” said Sims.

“My daughter came home very upset after that happened. When you’re in school teaching our kids, you’re supposed to be teaching them what’s right by the law, not what’s right in your opinion. This is not the stone ages. We don’t come through the back door anymore. I raise my kids to be respectful and they should be led by example,” said Christian.

WTF. Why the hell wasn't he fired? That is total bullshit. He has no right to expose his students to his barbaric thinking.

Gladly! What a charming man to unlease on students! He has got to be nuts.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I heard about this yesterday, but I didn't know all the details. These are the kind of idiots that would rather have a fellow idiot like Sarah Palin in the White House.

Sims said Howard’s racial commentary was not directed at any students, but were directed at a political party.
    Assuming that the Democratic Party is ALL black, which it's not, how would that be a justification?

Fire him. There's no rehabilitation for a sick fucker like that.

He isn't sitting in an unemployment line while awaiting the letter notifying him his teaching credentials have been nullified?

Nice, a racist was in charge of impressionable minds..scary! Racist bastard
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

wasn't fired? and he's still teaching? how ridiculous.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Suspended with pay?? Still teaching? What the hell kind of bullshit is that?? This is all kinds of severely fucked up and I hope people protest. Racist asshole deserves to lose his job and be publicly humiliated.

It would be cool to see if the kids in the classroom get out of their seats bombarded him and beat him up afterward, shouting OBAMA 08!

That is totally disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    It would be cool to see if the kids in the classroom get out of their seats bombarded him and beat him up afterward, shouting OBAMA 08!
    And you called me militant!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

See, it goes to show you that racism and race DOES mean a lot in this presidential race. Even one person like this man can create a lot of animosities and hatreds, so that is why so much attention is focused on race and this campaign.

I have absolutely no tolerance for racist trash! We all need to stand strong together and fight it! I'm so glad I wasn't raised to be that ignorant!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information