Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain campaign to go 100% nasty and negative cuz he can't win otherwise

Thumbs down John McCain campaign to go 100% nasty and negative cuz he can't win otherwise

Thursday, we posted this warning from Markos:

The GOP is desperate. Expect the worst of the worst to start hitting here soon. Jeremiah Wright is overdue for his second act, as well as Ayers, the Muslim crap, and anything else desperate Republicans can fabricate. At this point, they literally have nothing to lose.

As expected, the negative onslaught is on its way. This is round two for the McCain and his campaign. They spent July, August and early September in attack mode -- aided and abetted by smarmy tactics from State Republican parties and a slew of outside groups. But, from here on out, it's going to be nothing but negative, That is already true of McCain t.v. ads, which TPM Election Central reported are "Nearly 100 Percent Devoted To Attack Ads."

Today's Washington Post reports:

Sen. John McCain and his Republican allies are readying a newly aggressive assault on Sen. Barack Obama's character, believing that to win in November they must shift the conversation back to questions about the Democrat's judgment, honesty and personal associations, several top Republicans said.

With just a month to go until Election Day, McCain's team has decided that its emphasis on the senator's biography as a war hero, experienced lawmaker and straight-talking maverick is insufficient to close a growing gap with Obama. The Arizonan's campaign is also eager to move the conversation away from the economy, an issue that strongly favors Obama and has helped him to a lead in many recent polls.

"We're going to get a little tougher," a senior Republican operative said, indicating that a fresh batch of television ads is coming. "We've got to question this guy's associations. Very soon. There's no question that we have to change the subject here," said the operative, who was not authorized to discuss strategy and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Change the subject. Of course McCain wants "to move the conversation away from the economy. But, one thing Team McCain doesn't grasp is that just about every family in America is having a conversation about the economy. This year, the American people are actually paying attention to issues. But, McCain is banking on the idea that negative attack ads will make us all forget that the economy is on the brink of disaster.

We've seen the Obama campaign get tougher and much sharper over the past few weeks. The candidate himself is on a roll. They're not going to set back and take McCain's attacks. The new "John McCain raised taxes 477 times" ad, which John posted last night, is a good example. None of us will take it this time. We're all going to have to fight back -- and we will.

John McCain already sold his soul to Karl Rove. These next few weeks are going to define him forever.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth

So they can't win on the merits of their candidate, so they're just going to make up a bunch of shit, flying it around, and see how much of it sticks with the stupids.

Sounds typical republican. If you can't win, lie.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I have a sort of visceral reaction to the candidates this time around. Every time I hear Obama or Biden speak it makes me more peaceful and hopeful. Every time I hear McCain or Palin speak it makes me more anxious. I don't think I'm alone, I think that is what a lot of Obama's appeal is in spite of what the Republicans claim is his "lack of experience". He has a very calming influence and he is very thoughtful and positive. McCain is brash and negative and gives me no hope for the future.

Like it or not,those negative ads work. Obama better hit back harder.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This is not really new or news, is it? I mean, looking back on the past campaigns, it has almost always been mostly the Repugs who have absolutely NO trouble lying to achieve their goals. So, it's just going to be more of the same: more lies, more frequently.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

why on earth would anyone want to vote for people who campaign the way mccain and palin do...

The problem with McCain going extremely negative is that the economy is still front and center in people's minds, and this could backfire on him. And when you're already slipping in the polls because people don't trust you and Governor Avon Lady (thanks Bill Maher) on the economy, slinging old dirt at Obama isn't the smartest thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Governor Avon Lady (thanks Bill Maher)
    Another good one! LOL!!

Elite Member

We just got a voice message from the Republican party (DH is still registered Republican). They pointed out that the next pres. will probably appoint 3 justices to the Supreme Court and we don't want a democrat who will appoint someone with

"a liberal political agenda that hijacks the Constitution and disregards the will of the people"

I am so tired of these generalizations and demonizing "liberals". But the conservative right falls for it hook, line, and sinker

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    We just got a voice message from the Republican party (DH is still registered Republican). They pointed out that the next pres. will probably appoint 3 justices to the Supreme Court and we don't want a democrat who will appoint someone with

"a liberal political agenda that hijacks the Constitution and disregards the will of the people"

I am so tired of these generalizations and demonizing "liberals". But the conservative right falls for it hook, line, and sinker
    The fact that Republicans would have the balls to say that since Bush has been shredding the Constitution for 8 years is laughable. And didn't Bush get 'elected' in 2000 because the Supreme Court ignored the 'will of the people' and appointed him President?

i love how in the states the word "liberal" is so fucking dirty

I guess the connotation of "free" is lost on most.

Up here, liberal is a good thing. It means you aren't a fucking asshole.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. McCain keeps showing how pathetic he really is.

Hopefully Obama can send some Metamucil to McCain; if anyone needs to shit themselves out it's McCain.

This isn't a surprise by any means, however this election's like no other so we have to treat it that way. The next 30 days are very crucial, and with the slimiest shit coming, we have to do things that weren't expected of us before.

Governor Avon Lady...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I have a sort of visceral reaction to the candidates this time around. Every time I hear Obama or Biden speak it makes me more peaceful and hopeful. Every time I hear McCain or Palin speak it makes me more anxious. I don't think I'm alone, I think that is what a lot of Obama's appeal is in spite of what the Republicans claim is his "lack of experience". He has a very calming influence and he is very thoughtful and positive. McCain is brash and negative and gives me no hope for the future.
    I totally agree. It makes me VERY anxious and angry to listen to McCain - and unfortunately I'm unable to discern his position on an issue because of his smirk and repeating lies that have already been debunked.

Did you hear and see McSame in a rally right after the VP debate? It was scary how he revved up the crowd with his maniacal laughter and cheering.
    I looked on YouTube but can't find it. If anybody can, please post it. It's scary.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information