Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood conservatives attend McCain fundraiser-John McCain a no-show

Default Hollywood conservatives attend McCain fundraiser-John McCain a no-show

Hollywood Conservatives Attend McCain Bash - E! Online

Hollywood Conservatives Attend McCain Bash
    Today 11:32 AM PDT

Jim Spellman / Getty Images, Lisa O'Connor/ZUMA Press

John McCain may hate those Tinseltown elites. But that doesn't mean he won't take their money.

A number of prominent Hollywood conservatives, including Jon Voight, Gary Sinise, Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Miller and D.B. Sweeney (but alas no Wilford Brimley) gathered Wednesday night at Los Angeles' Century Plaza Hotel to fill the GOP coffers.

It was the second soiree in as many months organized by Republican A-listers on McCain's behalf.

"What a great event," Voight told E! News.

Grammer, who stars in David Zucker's liberal- (and Michael Moore-) bashing satire An American Carol, opening this weekend, moderated the event, even cracking a few jokes at his own expense.

Noting his slimmed-down appearance, the TV icon quipped that all he had to do to shed pounds was have a heart attack.

Miller also took time in the spotlight to pump up McCain and deliver his typical ripped-from-the-headlines riffs on topics that included Washington's financial bailout of Wall Street.

"I believe in golden parachutes. I think we need to give these people actual golden parachutes. Then make them jump from 60,000 feet," said the comic and Fox News commentator.

McCain, however, was a no-show for the event, opting to remain in D.C. to work on the stalled financial bill. As a result, only about 300 guests of an expected 1,500 turned out.
    In his stead were wife Cindy and daughter Meghan, along with "first dude" Todd Palin, husband of V.P. nominee Sarah Palin.

Tickets were divided into four categories, starting at $250 and going as high as $1,000 per person, or $2,500 for a limited-edition "McCain-Palin CA" lapel pin.

by Josh Grossberg and Ken Baker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
    2008 E! Entertainment Television, Inc. All rights reserved.
    *Sigh*I lurv Gary Sinise, and am a bit disappointed he is backing John McCain...

Sits back and waits to see if anybody accuses Jon Voight, Gary Sinise, Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Miller and D.B. Sweeney of voting for McCain just because of his race.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

there are conversatives in Hollyweird now that Charlton Heston is dead?

i listen to Dennis Miller every day. When McCain first became the nominee, he was gung ho McCain. now? he's not as crazed about him as he once was.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Sits back and waits to see if anybody accuses Jon Voight, Gary Sinise, Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Miller and D.B. Sweeney of voting for McCain just because of his race.
    They're only voting for him because he is white...

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Hollywood Conservatives Attend McCain Bash - E! Online

*Sigh*I lurv Gary Sinise, and am a bit disappointed he is backing John McCain...
    I feel the same way about Dean Cain. I was all like, ilubb but that Larry King Live was just NO! (I didn't watch it, theres no video online but I did read the transcript). He said he voted for Obama in the primaries but is now voting for McCain... I wonder what changed his mind.

But at least he's in the Rock the APIA Vote PSA (The Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote).

APIAVote.org

[youtube]Asiumi8YwqA[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    You're not being fair. I'm sure they weighed the issues and didn't just base their decision primarily on his color. That would be like saying if they were black, and backing Obama, it was just because of his race and no other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    No they are voting for him because he is not black.

Where's the outrage that Hollywood actors are throwing a fundraiser for McCain? Oh wait, that only happens to Obama.

Dennis Miller is a retard.. he 'became a 9/11 republican', peed his girl panties, and turned into a moron.

Drank the koolaid
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Right on.

I feel the same way about Dean Cain. I was all like, ilubb but that Larry King Live was just NO! (I didn't watch it, theres no video online but I did read the transcript). He said he voted for Obama in the primaries but is now voting for McCain... I wonder what changed his mind.
    Realized he rakes in enough that his taxes would go up.

ALSO, Kelsey Grammer, and I believe Jon Voight as well, are starring in that big anti-liberal movie, throwing a Hollywood party for McCain.

Imagine the hell Obama would have to pay for being "in bed" with Hollywood and the media if HE held a bigwig fundraising party with a bunch of big Hollywood stars who just so happened to be starring in a big-budget anti-conservative movie right before the election??

I luvs me some Gary Sinise too. Bummer - wonder if he's open to a little, say, sensual persuasion?????

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Right on.

Realized he rakes in enough that his taxes would go up.

ALSO, Kelsey Grammer, and I believe Jon Voight as well, are starring in that big anti-liberal movie, throwing a Hollywood party for McCain.

Imagine the hell Obama would have to pay for being "in bed" with Hollywood and the media if HE held a bigwig fundraising party with a bunch of big Hollywood stars who just so happened to be starring in a big-budget anti-conservative movie right before the election??
    The thing is with this mess everyone will probably end up paying higher taxes anyway to get out of this mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I luvs me some Gary Sinise too. Bummer - wonder if he's open to a little, say, sensual persuasion?????

me too. argghh...once I find out an entertainer is republican I don't buy their stuff anymore, I just can't bring myself to like them in the same way.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Kelsey Grammar....the years of coke use really must have rewired his brain. Same goes for Miller.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information