Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin now complains that the media 'censors' her

Default Sarah Palin now complains that the media 'censors' her

Palin says media "censors" her By Michael O'Brien Posted: 10/01/08 06:05 PM [ET] Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said the media sometimes “censors” what she says.

Palin, in the midst of preparations for her Thursday night debate with Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden, called into conservative talk radio host Sean Hannity’s show late Wednesday.
    In a back-and-forth with Hannity about recent media portrayals of her, Palin said she feels the press "censors" her comments. Palin has given few media interviews and critics have panned most of them. The Republican vice presidential nominee also said debate moderator Gwen Ifill is “not a concern.” The PBS host became a target for conservatives Wednesday after online reports revealed Ifill plans to release a book on the historic nature of Barack Obama's candidacy. Conservatives charged that it damages Ifill’s objectivity.

"It's motivating even to me to hear Gwen's comments because, again, it's going to motivate me to work that much harder," Palin told Hannity.

Republican presidential nominee John McCain also defended Ifill’s journalistic credentials.

“I think that Gwen Ifill is a professional, and I think she will do a totally objective job because she is a highly-respected professional. Does this help that if she has written a book that's favorable to Senator Obama? Probably not. But I have confidence that Gwen Ifill will do a professional job,” McCain told Fox News correspondent Carl Cameron.

In the roughly 15-minute interview with Hannity, Palin indicated that American consumer habits were at least partially to blame for the recent credit crisis that has engulfed Wall Street and Capitol Hill.

"Americans, as individuals, we have to start changing our habits also, and start incurring less debt," Palin said, adding that Americans should take more personal responsibility in managing their own finances.

And Democratic nominee Barack Obama was irresponsible, though, to not get involved in bailout negotiations, Palin said. "John McCain was leading this charge toward a bipartisan effort that could help support Wall Street," the Republican vice presidential candidate said, "but Barack Obama was phoning it in."

Anticipating Thursday's matchup, Palin also threw jabs toward Biden, telling Hannity that debate preparations helped her realize how "extremely liberal" the Democratic ticket is.

Palin reiterated claims that Obama had voted against funding for troops in Iraq, calling him reckless and irresponsible. "It's beyond naive, it's downright dangerous to think that those were Obama's positions," Palin said.

The Alaska Governor also said that 85 percent of small businesses would be adversely affected by Obama's tax plans, and added it is "scary that Sen. Biden has not grasped" the need for a comprehensive energy policy, which Palin said should include offshore drilling.

The interview with Hannity came during his show's "Newsmaker" segment. Palin didn’t answer any questions from listeners.
    TheHill.com - Palin says media "censors" her

Ummm after the few interviews that she did - I think thats a good thing because her comments still doesnt make any sense.

Let her call into Rachel Maddow's show and spout those talking points.

I would love that to happen but I doubt it lol

I have decided that Debate camp is code for stonerville, lsd-land, pcp-palce, meth manse, coketown or the like. The delusions of this woman...

Palin reiterated claims that Obama had voted against funding for troops in Iraq, calling him reckless and irresponsible. "It's beyond naive, it's downright dangerous to think that those were Obama's positions," Palin said

Define "naive" you redneck nitwit. Define an actual issue other than "um er, oh the jobs, it's about job creation." I abhor George W. Bush, but this woman's idiocy is beyond the pale and apparently her enablers/handlers aren't as good as W.

I watch her interviews for the laughs.

Palin really should stop trying to use word of the day calendars to help her communication. Regardless of how many thesaureses (thesauri?) she burns through, her ignorant comments are still ignorant.

Funny, I thought that was McCain...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

In the roughly 15-minute interview with Hannity, Palin indicated that American consumer habits were at least partially to blame for the recent credit crisis that has engulfed Wall Street and Capitol Hill.

"Americans, as individuals, we have to start changing our habits also, and start incurring less debt," Palin said, adding that Americans should take more personal responsibility in managing their own finances.
    How can she spout this crap with a straight face? She started as Mayor of Wassitifuck or whatever it's called with a surplus, left it with a deficit. She is a governor who is known to follow a 'borrow now, pay later' plan of action. She is either incredibly stupid or thinks America is dumb enough to buy this shit. Either way, she should be horsewhipped for blatantly lying.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I figured out why I think she sounds so stupid all the time... she doesn't state complete thoughts and switches around pronouns in the middle of a thought... just bothers grammar nazis like myself.

And thank god the media "censors" her... I think my head would explode if I heard her unfiltered rambling.

It's hardly being a grammar nazi to expect someone running for the veep of the US to speak in cohrent and complete sentences - it's just common courtesy for the literate.

^^hehehehe....common courtesy for the literate. That is hilarious. The weird thing about all this is that if Obama wins, we're still going to be stuck with this moron. she's not one of the most well-known politicians in America and she'll be pulled out to act as a pundit on every issue from child care to stock mergers, particularly on Faux News. They love a dumbass talking head.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    It's hardly being a grammar nazi to expect someone running for the veep of the US to speak in cohrent and complete sentences - it's just common courtesy for the literate.
    We've had 8 years of a POTUS not speaking in clear and coherent sentences.

And now we need a break. This is where we need to think of the children. If McSame and Palin win, an entire generation will grow up thinking it's perfectly ok to know nothing, to not speak coherently and to take what you want simply because you want it, whether or not you deserve it or are qualified to have it.

--Sinclair Lewis

Jesus, I've never seen anybody running for the White House whine and complain as much as the McCain/Palin camp.

Yeah, doncha know, it's supposed to be handed to them on a platter.

oh come on Sarah, they arent censoring you, they are censoring your writers.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information