Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New polls show Barack Obama breaking away in battleground states

Default New polls show Barack Obama breaking away in battleground states

(CNN) New polls released Wednesday morning suggest the race for the White House could be breaking for Barack Obama in three key battleground states.
    Just-released Quinnipiac University surveys show Obama with wide leads in Pennsylvania and Ohio, as well as Florida the showdown state in the 2000 presidential race where John McCain has had held an advantage for most of the summer.
    The latest poll results are bad news for McCain as Election Day inches closer and just may be the clearest sign yet the nation's ongoing financial crisis is taking its toll on the Arizona senator's candidacy.
    "It is virtually impossible for McCain to win the White House without Florida and Ohio," CNN Senior Political Researcher Alan Silverleib said. "The financial crisis is playing right into Obama's message of change, and putting the GOP on the defensive all across the electoral map."
    Election Center: Check out CNN's electoral map breakdown
    Quinnipiac's new survey in Pennsylvania shows Obama with a stunning 14 point-lead over McCain, 54-39 percent. Averaging that survey with other recent Pennsylvania polls, the latest CNN poll of polls there shows a 10-point lead for Obama in the state that only voted for John Kerry by a 2-point margin in 2004. Several polls released earlier this month in Pennsylvania suggested Obama's lead there was in the mid single digits.
    A new Quinnipiac Ohio poll also released Wednesday morning shows Obama leading McCain by 8 points there. CNN does not have enough recent polling in Ohio for a poll of polls, but several surveys released earlier this month before the extent of the financial crisis became clear showed the two presidential candidates tied there.
    A new Quinnipiac Florida poll also shows big gains for Obama, with the Illinois senator now holding an 8 point lead, 51 to 43 percent. There is also not enough recent polling in Florida to conduct a poll of polls there, though a survey from ARG earlier this week showed Obama with a statistically insignificant 1-point lead.
    CNN/Time Magazine/Opinion Research Corporation will release new state polls out of Florida, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, and Virginia later Wednesday!
    New polls show Obama breaking away in key states

It's time for McCain to suspend his campaign again.

Not sure about suspending his campaign but chosing Palin has certainly derailed it.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Talked to my conservative sister in Winnipeg and she said as soon as Palin stepped on the stage at the convention she said "oh no, this isn't good". My brother-in-law said "if Obama doesn't win I don't know what's wrong with the Americans" I don't even know if he agrees with Obama that much, he just finds McCain unpredictable and too old.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

I'm surprised actually that with the debate tomorrow, McOldFart hasn't done something radical yet.

^^Remember he 'suspended' his campaign last Wednesday when the new polls came out and showed Obama leading. He needs to do something to distract from the polls again.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

i see a crisis at the Palin home. Premature birth, the new wee one being too sick for her to perform. Or if she does debate, they can say there was a crisis at home and her mind wasn't on the debate.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Last night MSNBC's map showed that Obama had over 300 electoral votes and McCain something like 130ish. Says it's all over but the shouting.

Wow this is great news, I know there was a lot of attention placed on Ohio. I really feel good about Obama's chances now, I can't wait to vote myself.

Truly a chance to make history and something I can one day tell my grandkids about.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

It's time for McCain to suspend his campaign again.

Bristol's "miscarriage" in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^Remember he 'suspended' his campaign last Wednesday when the new polls came out and showed Obama leading. He needs to do something to distract from the polls again.
    Exactly. That's why I'm shocked he hasn't made any crazy claims yet! Ah well. Still about 30 hours left...

My greatest fear is that the new voters will not turn out. The younger voters get all excited and register but are notorious for not showing up on election day because they assume their candidate will win without them. Groups like MTV Rock the Vote do a great job getting them registered but we need to figure what we need to do to actually get them to the polls.

Elite Member

Well in my area there's no excuse. They have "one-stop absentee ballot", and you don't need an excuse. It's from Oct. 16 to Nov. 1. I am totally going to vote early. You just stop into one of the one-stop locations.

I can understand how some people just can't get out to vote on Nov. 2 because of their jobs or childcare situations, but these one-stop locations are even open on Saturday and Sunday.

good news! Hey, I voted for Barack today! I feel good!

Elite Member

I just ordered a pin and car magnet for Obama!

I'm going to vote the last week of October.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    good news! Hey, I voted for Barack today! I feel good!
    You got Firsties!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information