Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memo to Joe Biden: Let Sarah Palin talk

Default Memo to Joe Biden: Let Sarah Palin talk

Memo to Joe Biden: Let Palin Talk

Joe Biden doesn't need to do much in this debate. Everyone, Republicans included, know the guy knows policy detail and foreign relations cold. He really doesn't need to do much to prove he has mastery.

Normally, "time of possession" is a key signifier in football of which team is likeliest to win the game, but in this case the opposite seems true. Think of it -- all anyone cares about in this debate is what Sarah Palin says.

The Republican base wants to hear her because they like her and identify with her -- we've heard this chorus countless times on the road in McCain volunteer offices. She warms Republican base hearts. On the other hand, Democrats believe they're about to witness an epic train wreck. So does the media. The expectations could not possibly be lower for this one.

For those who worry about expectations being so low that she can't help but beat them, that she did well in Alaska debates (by being spunky and bluffing through with gimmicks like patting a "stack of solutions" on health care), consider this:
    Capitol Hill sources are telling me that senior McCain people
    are more than concerned about Palin. The campaign has held a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as "disastrous." One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, "What are we going to do?" The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is "clueless."
    Some might be concerned that this is all about purposefully lowering expectations... and then you watch that Couric interview. That was not some gambit, that was real. If this is an elaborate expectations-setting ruse, I'm sure the multiple days of ridicule leading up to the debate aren't worth it.

The inevitability of this is like when Nebraska used to run that option in the mid-90s with Tommie Frazier at QB. You knew exactly what play was coming... and you couldn't stop it.

Only Joe Biden can mess it up... by running up his own time of possession.

Exactly, give the bitch enough rope to hang herself with.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Well apparently she and Joe won't have the 5 minutes to go back & forth like Barack & John did.
    I do believe that Joe should just stick to where he stands on things and let her talk talk talk talk talk.
    I think when she is nervous she talks incessantly and it all turns to mush. She can't figure out what she's even saying.

"I'll get you some examples..." Please.

^^I'd love to hear her say 'Uh, can I tap out now?"

Well, since Biden and Palin will only have two minutes to answer questions, Palin will get her chance to talk. The only thing that I don't like is that Biden and Palin can't ask each other questions.

^^ Yeah, it's weak.
    Can you imagine if they would have been able to?

The idea of it would be hilarious.

^^The idea of Palin being VP, and maybe President, is hilarious...in a scary way.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^I'd love to hear her say 'Uh, can I tap out now?"

Well, since Biden and Palin will only have two minutes to answer questions, Palin will get her chance to talk. The only thing that I don't like is that Biden and Palin can't ask each other questions.
    That may not be a bad thing, as he'd be accused of being sexist. Gwen just needs to ask the tough questions and let Sarah blather on incoherently.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    That may not be a bad thing, as he'd be accused of being sexist. Gwen just needs to ask the tough questions and let Sarah blather on incoherently.
    Hmm, good point. Didn't think about that. Nobody can paint Palin as a victim and Biden as the bad guy.

Elite Member

Gwen Ifill asks some tough questions. She's as no-nonsense as they come with journalists. Palin may be in trouble. Of course, Ifill will just be accused of siding with Obama because they're both black (makes gagging noises).

yep, just let her talk, so long as she's answering a question. just god forbid don't appear sexist. I think actually the best thing he could do would be to almost behave in a manner like McCain did, without the contempt. Don't do much eye contact with her just be direct and straightforward.

That's what I said in another thread, this could be a freeby for the dems.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I think Biden, whenever the moderator asks him to respond to anything
    Palin has said, should (and this probably is the only way to try and get
    to know what the hell she's trying to say, so it wouldn't be an act or
    a tactic) simply ask "I'm not sure I understood what Governor Palin
    meant. Could you explain it again, please, so that I know how to respond?"
    If she has to try and repeat what she said, she's going to get lost in
    her own flood of nonsense. Just give her enough rope, and it'll be a
    DIY hanging.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Biden can't go in with a set strategy - he has to play this by ear. If she seems chatty and aggressive in her ignorance, then he can get far nastier than if she goes in subdued. If he goes after her too hot when she's not getting in the game, he's going to look like an asshole and Republicans will only side with her harder. Best case senario, she'll make herself look slow without any outside help.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

memo to Biden..do not get angry because you admited when you get angry you exaggerate..or lie..\Like when they called you out on lying about graduation at the top of you law school when in fact you were at the bottom half or 76th. Or when you said you received a full acedemic scholarship when in fact you received half of a scholarship based on financial need.
    What about admitting to plagerism during you law school days at Syracuse, using other peoples words in speeches without given them credit on more than one occassion..
    palin has her faults but Biden isnt all he is cracked up to be..
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    memo to Biden..do not get angry because you admitted when you get angry you exaggerate..or lie..\Like when they called you out on lying about graduation at the top of you law school when in fact you were at the bottom half or 76th. Or when you said you received a full academic scholarship when in fact you received half of a scholarship based on financial need.
    What about admitting to plagiarisms during you law school days at Syracuse, using other peoples words in speeches without given them credit on more than one occasion..
    palin has her faults but Biden isnt all he is cracked up to be..
    Palin doesn't know enough to make up anything. When the poor girls goes off her talking points, she rambles off crap that doesn't make any sense. Finishing bottom a Law school is a hellofalot better than needing to going to 5 schools to just finish!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I think she will be fine..His character is crap
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information