Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin heads to 'debate camp' at one of John McCain's 7 houses

Default Sarah Palin heads to 'debate camp' at one of John McCain's 7 houses

Palin heads to 'debate camp' in Arizona
    Palin is preparing for the debate.
    (CNN) — As some prominent conservatives begin to raise the question of whether Sarah Palin should remain on the Republican presidential ticket – and others call for her to be given more public exposure in a bid to reverse falling poll numbers – the McCain campaign is bringing the Alaska governor to John McCain’s Sedona ranch for several days of intense debate prep.
    Senior campaign advisor Steve Schmidt and other top officials met Palin in Philadelphia Sunday night, and are traveling with her and McCain to a Columbus, Ohio event Monday morning. The group then heads to Arizona.
    Watch: Is Palin avoiding the media?
    The original plan was for Palin to prepare in St. Louis, where the vice presidential debate will be held Thursday. Instead, she has already been preparing in a Philadelphia hotel for four days with advisors. She will now get ready for the debate at McCain’s rustic creek-side home — what a top aide calls "debate camp."
    The aide, who's part of the team prepping Palin, tells CNN they decided to take her to debate camp there because it is an "invigorating and enjoyable place to prepare for Thursday."
    "SP [Sarah Palin] loves it, and has her kids and Todd coming," wrote the aide in an e-mail, and that "John McCain himself came up with the idea.”
    Late last week, in the wake of a widely-panned interview with Katie Couric of CBS News, some prominent conservatives who had supported Palin’s vice presidential bid, including National Review columnist Kathleen Parker, suggested she step down before the election.

Over the past few days, a counter-chorus has emerged, as supporters urge the campaign not to keep the VP nominee so isolated from the media and unfiltered audience interaction — to “let Palin be Palin.”
    “Holding Sarah Palin to just three interviews and microscopically focusing on each interview I think has been a mistake,” former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romny told MSNBC’s Morning Joe on Monday. “I think they'd be a lot wiser to let Sarah Palin be Sarah Palin. Let her talk to the media, let her talk to people."
    But one adviser involved in preparing Palin for her faceoff with Biden insists this narrative — that they're “squeezing charm out of her” — misses the point.
    “It’s really hard,” said this advisor, who said Palin is still trying to get up to speed on foreign policy issues she has never faced before, from North Korea to other hot spots around the globe.
    On Monday’s MSNBC interview, Romney defended Palin’s relatively thin knowledge on national security. "Look she wasn't selected by John McCain because she's an expert on foreign policy; John McCain's the expert on foreign policy. She was selected because she's a maverick. She's a person who identified with people in homes across America,” he said. “She's an executive and a governor, and that brings a lot to John McCain's ticket.
    Amid the heavy scrutiny in a close campaign, Gov. Palin is under considerable pressure to make Thursday's debate a "game changer," advisers said.
    Palin gave McCain a major boost in fundraising and poll standings after her selection several weeks ago. But following shaky performances in some recent interviews, and a continued reluctance by the campaign to allow her to appear in unscripted situations, her approval ratings have dropped significantly.
    Palin heads to 'debate camp' in Arizona

McCain's got so many houses he can turn one into a camp for idiots.

And Romney is really reaching. Nobody expects Palin to be an expert on foreign policy, but if she's ready to step in as president, she should know something more than being able to see Russia from Alaska.
    Last edited by kingcap72; September 29th, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

“It’s really hard,” said this advisor, who said Palin is still trying to get up to speed on foreign policy issues she has never faced before, from North Korea to other hot spots around the globe.
    I bet it is! Particularly since she can't even elaborate on the international connections within her own state.

Right. She can't see North Korea from Alaska...

I want to know why her husband and kids are with her. Shouldn't they be in school except for the infant?

we homeschool, maybe they do to..all you need is a laptop
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    we homeschool, maybe they do to..all you need is a laptop
    AFAIK, they don't homeschool.

They do indeed homeschool..it's on her blog and it's referred to as home educate..same thing..its great..it allows you to have a flexible schedule and travel and moniter the education your child is receiving..i know people all over the country doing it and it has sky rocketed in Florida..smart thing to do if you are able in my opinion..which matters little on these boards
    Last edited by cupcake; September 29th, 2008 at 08:37 PM.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Right. She can't see North Korea from Alaska...
    She may pull a McCain and throw in the fact that North Koreans are 3 inches taller than South Koreans.

WTF was up with that anyway? WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING???
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I don't care how quick a study you are, no one can cram in all you need to know on foreign policy and economics in a few short weeks. This is one of those things you cannot fake and bullshit your way through - there's no way to know what's going to be asked or anticipate everything you'll need to know.

I anticipate some seriously cringe-worthy moments.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

it's kind of funny to me that Biden, who has really never been the shining star in the national political arena that he wanted to be, is getting probably the most notoriety that he will ever have out of just running opposite her for v.p. He's probably thrilled to be getting this moment in the sun, so to speak.

no one wanted anything to do with him when he ran for president..that was a big joke..
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    She may pull a McCain and throw in the fact that North Koreans are 3 inches taller than South Koreans.

WTF was up with that anyway? WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING???
    OMG. I know, right? When he said that I was like, Uh, is he joking?

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    They do indeed homeschool..its on her blog and its referred to as home educate..same thing..its great..it allows you to have a flexible schedule and travel and moniter the education your child is receiving..i know people all over the country doing it and it has sky rocketed in Florida..smart thing to do if you are able in my opinion..which matters little on these boards
    If she's homeschooling then she began recently since her kids were attending public school last year. I'm familiar with homeschooling. I have many friends who homeschool, including one in Florida. Her son just completed high school and is heading to college. Most of my friends are progressive types and refer to homeschooling as unschooling.

Being home from school with *ahem* mono is not the same as home schooling.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
    If she's homeschooling then she began recently since her kids were attending public school last year. I'm familiar with homeschooling. I have many friends who homeschool, including one in Florida. Her son just completed high school and is heading to college. Most of my friends are progressive types and refer to homeschooling as unschooling.
    She may be just starting this year..I have one child left and he is a senior..imo homeschooling is the way to go..
    Rip Mom

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information