Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you watching the debate??

Default Are you watching the debate??

What do you think?

Sam Stein: John McCain started off the debate by attempting to take credit for the work he has done on the bailout package, despite the fact that most observers see his role as either passive or counter-productive.

"We are seeing for the first time in a long time Republicans and Democrats together sitting down, trying to work out a solution to the fiscal crisis that we are in," said McCain. "The point is we have finally seen Republicans and Democrats sitting down together and finally coming together with a package."

Obama counters with a response that is, in essence, the economic problems demanded to be addressed before they became so dire. To which McCain talked about the need for accountability even in the moment. Citing his call for firing Chris Cox of the SEC, he pivoted to a tale about how Dwight Eisenhower wrote two letters before the invasion of Normandy: one complimenting the officers for victory the other offering his resignation.

Not sure if people will relate to the World War II analogy.
    Debate Tonight: Obama-McCain Video, Highlights
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I am loving the moderator- but McCain's laugh is so forced its kind of scary. But hie isnt really answering the questions and is just sprouting talking points.

9:31 PM: McCain "we have to cut spending." He's going to do away with ethanol subsidies. We need fixed-cost contracts. Did you know McCain has been involved in these issues for "many, many years"? He has...many, many years.

9:28 PM: Obama...we won't know. There are some things I'll want to get done, but can't. But there are some things we have to get done: Energy, Health Care and be competitive..in education. College must be affordable. Rebuild infrastructure.

9:26 PM: New question: What are you going to have to give up because of the financial rescue plan?

9:25 PM: Obama tells McCain that what he's saying about his tax plan just isn't true. And, tells McCain he wanted to give tax breaks for oil companies.

9:23 PM: Obama is on a roll -- explaining his tax plan. And, Obama exposes the McCain health care scam.

And, what's up with that McCain smirk? He's inherited the Bush smirk for debate.

9:22 PM: John McCain is talking about Ireland -- Sarah Palin has been there so she probably filled him in. And, he mentioned his ridiculous health insurance scam.

9:20 PM: Obama: I don't know where John is getting his numbers. Eliminating earmarks alone isn't going to get the middle class back on track. McCain is going to continue the policies of the past eight years. Okay...on that one, Obama gave a great response.

9:19 PM: Did you know McCain didn't win Miss Congeniality? I think, however, Sarah Palin did.

9:18 PM: Obama says McCain is obsessed about earmarks which account for 18 billion while proposing $300 billion in tax cuts for the wealthiest individuals in the country. Need to change the policies of President Bush that John McCain wants to change.

9:15 PM: McCain gets first crack. Disses Republicans for pork barrel spending. Earmarks are a "gateway drug." Uses his grizzly bear anecdote (which, of course, undermines his running mate's earmarks).

9:14 PM: Next question -- are there fundamental differences between your approaches if you were president to this economic crisis.

9:13 PM: Obama directly to McCain: John, 10 days again, you said the fundamentals of the economy are strong.

9:11 PM: Obama: we're going to have to ask how we shredded so many regulations. Have to deal with the failed economic philosophy. McCain: Will vote for the bailout. I also warned about corporate greed and "all that." A lot of us saw this train wreck coming. Oh, an Eisenhower anecdote. John says "Grandpa and his stories. Here he goes again."

9:08 PM: McCain is "feeling better" about things now. Great...he's mucked it all up yesterday. And, just last week, McCain thought the fundamentals of the economy were strong. McCain gave no solid answer on that question. He didn't list any principles.

9:05 PM: First question is about the economy: We're do you stand on the bailout plan? Obama made the issue about the American people on Main Street, not Wall Street. Very clear answer hitting the key points. Failed verdict on Bush and McCain economic philosophy: It hasn't worked.

9:03 PM: Game on. Obama and McCain are finally on the stage. The first debate is underway. The audience will stay silent we're told.

8:58 PM: Rob and I are at AMERICAblog corporate headquarters. John is at CNN where he's doing commentary live on CNN.com. Click the "live video" link at the top of the page. He'll be weighing in here, too.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yes. Obama is so clear and to the point and McCain just rambles on and tells stories. I feel like he is going to keel over.

buahahahaha- maverick for a partner. I thought that debate would be bad for McCain but this is BAD.

Obama said 'orgy'.....heehee

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

I'm ready to throw a brick through the screen every time Smirky McChimpy Mark 2 opens his mouth and spouts another lie.

9:40 pm - trying futilely to defend the Surge and say that it's stabilizing in Iraq and we're winning... yeah right..

Obama just called him out on it.. ha.

On a superficial note, I've never noticed what an obnoxious blinker McCain is.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

He is lying through his teeth lol

he has to keep his wonk eye moist
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    It's freaking me out.

9:41 PM: McCain is going on and on about Iraq - McCain was wrong right from the start. Obama is going after him on it - as he should. McCain's judgement on Iraq was just plain wrong.

9:38 PM: John McCain says he's a maverick - 90% agreement with Bush isn't maverick John.

9:37 PM: McCain "spending got out of control" - yeah John, Bush inherited a surplus. Obama is going after McCain on Bush's "orgy of spending". Nice.

Have you noticed that McCain cant hardly look at Obama - he looks away or to the right.

:45 PM: Obama nailed McCain on that Iraaq question. ID'ing all the things on which McCain was wrong.

9:42 PM: Obama on Iraq - we took our eye off the ball. It's about judgment and Obama was right.

I know so many ways this could be more interesting.
    Have Jerry Springer as the moderator, make it a free for all, have a midget and a gimp randomly walking around...just because, and make it a PPV event.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information