Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stunt alert: John McCain trying to vote NO on bailout to distance himself from Bush

Question Stunt alert: John McCain trying to vote NO on bailout to distance himself from Bush

Are we dealing with an elaborate scam from the McCain campaign? Is McCain going through all this drama just so he can vote NO on the bailout package? That's a developing theme. Taegan Goddard writes:

Democrats fear this morning that McCain is setting up a scenario in which he will vote against the bill, rally conservatives to his side and, most importantly, distance himself from both President Bush and Congress before the election.

Marc Ambinder has this:

My colleague Nora McAvalnah tells me that sources close to Senate Democratic leadership now fear that McCain's true motivation for calling off his campaign and coming back to DC is simply to cast a "no" vote against the bailout, despite his private statements to the contrary. And it's a smart maneuver: nothing says "maverick," like voting against Bush and standing with the American public, who remain very wary of the proposal.

Gee, no one could have predicted that. McCain puts politics first.

But, wait. Yesterday, the top of the Palin/McCain ticket, the one who is campaigning today in Pennsylvania, said if the bailout package doesn't pass, we're heading for another Great Depression. Yes, she did. On CBS, via AP:

Asked whether there's a risk of another Great Depression if Congress doesn't approve a $700 billion bailout package, Palin said, "Unfortunately, that is the road that America may find itself on."

Palin said the answer to the financial crisis doesn't necessarily have to be the bailout plan that the Bush administration has proposed, but that it should be some form of bipartisan action to reform Wall Street.

When McCain votes against the bi-partisan bailout, according to his V.P., he's voting for a Great Depression.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    It would figure. Playing roulette with the entire american economy
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's stunts like this which bring McCain's age and health to the forefront. It makes people wonder if he's losing his marbles.

I don't buy that. I think he has a lot of senior moments, but he's a prick and he's doing pricky things to win.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh, he's definitely being a prick that's willing to pull any crazy stunt to win (exhibit A: Sarah Palin).

But with the crazy things he was saying last week, and now suspending his campaign, people might wonder if the rumors about him have early stage Alzheimers are true.

Speculation.

What a surprise! He's such a tool.

First he says the economy is in such a state of disaster that he has to suspend his campaign and the debate, BUT he has time to do a Katie Couric interview and speak at Bill's event today. WTF?

Then we find out that he's not even allowed into the room where they committee members are negotiating the details of the proposal. So, Bush has to set-up a so-called meeting so that McCain will not be wandering the empty halls of congress with nothing to do.

He has NOTHING to do with this initiative other than to vote on it and now he's going to vote against it?

Well, the American people really must be proud of this kind of leadership.

Each and every day I grow more and more tired of these antics and the people who support them.

This blog is soooo biased..and here he's lying......at the bottom he says that if McCain doesn't vote for this bill then he's voting for a great depression.

Way to use that fear! Be Afraid! Great Depression imminent!!!

the blogger writes:
    "But, wait. Yesterday, the top of the Palin/McCain ticket, the one who is campaigning today in Pennsylvania, said if the bailout package doesn't pass, we're heading for another Great Depression. Yes, she did. On CBS, via AP:
    No, she said a bailout, not neccessarily this form of the bailout bill.

Asked whether there's a risk of another Great Depression if Congress doesn't approve a $700 billion bailout package, Palin said, "Unfortunately, that is the road that America may find itself on."

Palin said the answer to the financial crisis doesn't necessarily have to be the bailout plan that the Bush administration has proposed, but that it should be some form of bipartisan action to reform Wall Street.
    Right here she says that it doesn't have to be this bill

When McCain votes against the bi-partisan bailout, according to his V.P., he's voting for a Great Depression
    which is clearly a flat out lie based on the quotes above and how americablog wants to spin this...

This bill is approved by Bush, it's what he wants passed, and after 8 years of him does anyone seriously think that the bill as it is would be the best it could be? What else has Bush ever supported that would lead anyone to think that?

But yeah, rush to pass this...even if it has no oversight.....hesitate and you're leading us to a great depression.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

um, they were trying to make light of the fact that PALIN said that if the bailout didnt pass America might head into a great depression.. while McCain seems ready to vote NO on the bailout, directly contradicting her.

They're pointing out the inconsistant message and using humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    um, they were trying to make light of the fact that PALIN said that if the bailout didnt pass America might head into a great depression.. while McCain seems ready to vote NO on the bailout, directly contradicting her.

They're pointing out the inconsistant message and using humor.
    Um, there is no inconsistant message.

She did not say that THIS bill has to pass, she said A bill:

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

*rubs temples*

Yes, a bailout. This would be a bailout. It's still using humor for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Um, there is no inconsistant message.

She did not say that THIS bill has to pass, she said A bill:

Why don't we ask Sarah Palin what that bill should look like then? I'd love to hear her answer something other than "Whatever it is that that Mavericky guy wants cause, you know, he was a POW and he has a history of being Mavericky and all. I can't recall a single Mavericky thing that he's done, but it's really important the bill be a reflection of what Macericks and reformers John and I are."

Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post
    why don't we ask Sarah Palin what that bill should look like then? I'd love to hear her answer something other than "Whatever it is that that Mavericky guy wants cause, you know, he as a POW and he has a history of being Mavericky and all. I can't recall a single Mavericky thing that he's done, but it's really important the bill be a reflection of what Macericks and reformers John and I are."
    so ask her.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *rubs temples*

Yes, a bailout. This would be a bailout. It's still using humor for fucks sake.
    I understand it would be a bailout.

But sometimes in Bills there are things that not everyone agrees with...like barely any oversight in this one...and still paying the execs the bonuses......they need to be bailed out but the bailout should include the bonuses???

sometimes in congress, it's not the idea of the bill...but the details

A lot of people are opposed to this bill as it stands now......

Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post
    Why don't we ask Sarah Palin what that bill should look like then? I'd love to hear her answer something other than "Whatever it is that that Mavericky guy wants cause, you know, he was a POW and he has a history of being Mavericky and all. I can't recall a single Mavericky thing that he's done, but it's really important the bill be a reflection of what Macericks and reformers John and I are."
    Palin will ask her handlers what she should say and then she'll get back to you, right after she gets back to Katie Couric.

Does anyone have a link to the ACTUAL bailout plan? Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information