Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sarah Palin BOMBS Katie Couric interview so badly I almost feel sorry for her

Exclamation Sarah Palin BOMBS Katie Couric interview so badly I almost feel sorry for her

A grander pattern is emerging as to what was motivating McCain's Hail Mary publicity stunt today. For starters, we now have the first look at Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric. Palin is in so far over her head, it isn't even funny. Watch especially at 4 minutes 30 seconds into the interview (video is below) when they have the following exchange after Couric asks Palin for examples of John McCain leading the charge for oversight of Wall Street:

Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

Couric: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

See the video here: AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    WOW.

like... really.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

This is what she actually said -
    "I'll try to find ya some and bring 'em to ya"

I just saw the interview on Sky news, and the body language was interesting as well. Palin looked really tensed compared to the Hannity interview and Couric didnt look impressed at all. There is more to come tomorrow which is on foreign policy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She better be pulling an all-nighter studying the John McCain handbook then.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She's way out of her depth and I think McCain is a selfish prick for visiting this obviously unprepared woman on us. And you know the scary thing? I read some comments on a newspaper sight that were along the lines of 'how refreshing to have someone just like me running for top office', which means the dumbasses are going to vote for her not because she could do a good job but because they think she's just like them. And she is. I could almost get religion if I thought praying would stop this train wreck from docking at the White House.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

When did Palin do this interview compared to when McCain announced his intentions to shirk from debates?

Rove must be laughing his ass off. McCain looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.

Each decision worse than the last!!!

We havent seen or heard much of Rove since he went on FAUX news and called McSame a liar.. have they had a falling out? Since that point, MCSame's campaign has derailed astronomically
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

She reminds me of the kid the teacher calls on in class who didn't do the homework and tries the non answer answer. Which part of the Bush Doctrine exactly? Etc.

Ahahahaha!

Spoken like the true deer-in-the-headlights she is. Whoever made the decision to bring her on McCain's ticket should be FIRED from politics. *looks suspiciously at McCain*

More like Moose in the gunsights! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    More like Moose in the gunsights! LOL
    *rimshot*

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    She's way out of her depth and I think McCain is a selfish prick for visiting this obviously unprepared woman on us. And you know the scary thing? I read some comments on a newspaper sight that were along the lines of 'how refreshing to have someone just like me running for top office', which means the dumbasses are going to vote for her not because she could do a good job but because they think she's just like them. And she is. I could almost get religion if I thought praying would stop this train wreck from docking at the White House.
    The idea that electing someone you'd like to have a beer with is great is so wrongheaded in so many ways that it's mind boggling, yet it's a common theory. It's like saying -- my Aunt Doris doesn't know anything more about the issues than I do, that's why I think she'll make a great VP!"

I think McCain is going to try to postpone her debate indefinitely. Watch this thing snowball before our very eyes.

This is the most fascinating election EVER!

Elite Member

BTW, Grimmlock, I hear from my Republican Pollster Insider In-law, that Rove was the 'Power' that squashed McCains 1st choice for VP (Lieberman) and insisted on Palin. Rove has been busy masterminding Caribou Barbie. While I dislike Palin, to say the least, idealogy wise, she was a great pick to rev up the conservative base/ Right to lifers who were tepid about McCain..

^ Are we gonna look back and laugh, or CRY??

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information