Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCain ad LIES about Barack Obama staying 'mum' in financial crisis

Default John McCain ad LIES about Barack Obama staying 'mum' in financial crisis

McCain ad says Obama and allies stayed 'mum' in wake of crisis

From CNN's Emily Sherman
    The McCain campaign released a new ad Tuesday claiming Obama never put forth a plan to fix the ailing economy.

(CNN)— In the wake of one of the biggest banking failures in American history, the McCain campaign released a new ad Tuesday blasting Obama and his “liberal allies” for staying “mum” on their plans for the economic crisis.
    “In crisis, experience matters,” the announcer says. “McCain and his Congressional allies led.”
    “Obama and his liberal allies? Mum on the market crisis.”
    Both presidential nominees have been using the crisis on Wall Street to show strength and leadership on economic policy, but the latest CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll shows more American’s place the blame for the economic failure on the Republican Party. 47 percent of registered voters questioned said the GOP is more to blame, with 24 percent placing the blame on the Democratic Party.
    The 30-second spot, “Mum,” is the latest attempt by the McCain campaign to argue Obama never put for his own plan for the ailing economy.
    However, a recent fact check shows Obama has outlined his plans several times since the meltdown on Wall Street.
    According to the McCain campaign the ad will air nationally.

McCain ad says Obama and allies stayed 'mum' in wake of crisis

McCain is just getting desperate now.

Ridiculous. He made a statement before John did.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

more making stuff up out of thin air.

This is like saying John McCain wasn't a POW.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

McCain was a POW!!!!! Wow I didnt know that perhaps he should use that for the election. It looks like he needs all the help he needs

Well, it's not exactly a lie. Obama does admit that he hasn't spoken of his whole plan:

"Obama has said several times since the recent Wall Street meltdown that, in meeting with top economists, he was encouraged to not roll out a specific plan for fear of overly politicizing work of the Congress on a government bailout of financial firms."

Sounds like he is "mum" to an extent.

if that's the case, then he's doing it to not overly politicize it.. and then McSame comes along and shits on him for it?

Wow.

That guy is a piece of work. Typical rethug though, Obama should always see it coming.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Well, it's not exactly a lie. Obama does admit that he hasn't spoken of his whole plan:

"Obama has said several times since the recent Wall Street meltdown that, in meeting with top economists, he was encouraged to not roll out a specific plan for fear of overly politicizing work of the Congress on a government bailout of financial firms."

Sounds like he is "mum" to an extent.
    Maybe McCain should've been 'mum to an extent' before he came out and said the economy was 'fundamentally strong' and then changed it to 'we're in a crisis' the next day.

In all fairness though, neither one could come out and lay out a specific plan since the government hasn't figured out all of the specifcs on how to deal with it yet.

Don't you know that he was talking about the American worker being fundamentally strong? Sheesh. He's a POW! PRESENT TENSE. He's actually campaigning from Vietnam!

Yeah, in his POW flashbacks, he meant the 'American workers were fundamentally strong.' In his flashbacks, he also blames Obama for the current crisis, while he parades Miss Mooseballs around like she's auditioning to wear the crown of Miss Vice-President.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Maybe McCain should've been 'mum to an extent' before he came out and said the economy was 'fundamentally strong' and then changed it to 'we're in a crisis' the next day.

In all fairness though, neither one could come out and lay out a specific plan since the government hasn't figured out all of the specifcs on how to deal with it yet.
    Exactly!! It's taken how many years to get us into this mess and the Presidential candidate is supposed to outline a comprehensive plan in a few days? I wouldn't expect that of McCain. I mean someone has to think this through before committing us to another potential disaster.

Besides, McCain would probably just steal Obama's ideas and start stumping them as his own, as he's been prone to do on this campaign so far.

Honestly, what's the point in coming up with a "plan" when you don't know what the governmental plan is and you'll have to change the plan depending on what the current leaders come up with?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

Maybe he should, but that's not we were discussing.

You don't always have to throw a ....but, but McCain did this...as your defense. It takes away from your fight for Obama. (And I mean that with all do respect, because I really like you King. It just turns me off when people do that).

And I agree, neither can lay out a plan just yet, because neither know where the US is going to actually be by the time they get in office.

McCain-Palin staff meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Maybe he should, but that's not we were discussing.

You don't always have to throw a ....but, but McCain did this...as your defense. It takes away from your fight for Obama. (And I mean that with all do respect, because I really like you King. It just turns me off when people do that).

And I agree, neither can lay out a plan just yet, because neither know where the US is going to actually be by the time they get in office.

I would agree with you, Sweetie, but this thread is about McCain and Obama. But I see your point.

Headlines should just read "John McCain LIES". That'll do, that covers it all.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information