Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin complains about Barack Obama's camp lies about her

Default Sarah Palin complains about Barack Obama's camp lies about her

(CNN)— Governor Sarah Palin accused “Obama-Biden Democrats,” of launching a series of unfair attacks against she and her family in a fundraising email sent to supporters Monday.
    “Friends, in the course of a few weeks, the Obama-Biden Democrats have launched attack after attack on me, my family and John McCain,” Palin writes in the email. “They’re desperate to win and they’ll no doubt launch these attacks against other reformers on our ticket.”
    Watch: Obama says discussion of Sarah Palin's family is 'off-limits'
    Earlier this month, the McCain campaign said its $47 million fundraising record for the month of August was due in large part to the addition of the Alaska governor to the ticket. Her presence on the campaign trail has also translated into larger crowds at campaign events throughout the country.
    Palin said Obama and Biden have a “large financial advantage,” urging supporters that a contribution of any size will help stop the spread of “lies” and “misinformation” coming from Democrats.
    “We must stop them,” Palin writes, “…before they turn these shameful tactics on others we support.”
    All I can say is pot meets kettle and this doesnt really help to reach out voters. So much for the pitbull.

Really. I havent' seen the McCain/Palin camp go after Obama's girls or family. Have you? Then again, that's the Obamacrazies on blogs (and some here) that are doing that shit. But, you know Obama knows what's being said. And instead of saying anyone in his campaign would be fired, he should have said, 'any of my supporters who are spreading these rumors about Sarah Palin's family, stop it, or I don't want your vote. You do not reflect me nor the spirit in which this campaign should proceed.' How powerful of a message would that have been?

One can dream, though...

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

So people were not critizing Obama's wife for being angry - the girls are still children but if they were older they would probably face greater scrutiny.
    Chelsea Clinton got disgusting treatment especially from McCain who called her a dog!

And if I remember Obama was criticized for using his girls for PR purposes during the primaries- which you can argue that Palin has as well when she introduced them during the RNC. In my opinion that was bad taste especially since it seems to higlight her family values especially with her political and religious beliefs didnt exactly work and was hypocritical. But if Obama's daugters was pregnant there would be no way in hell that they wouldnt get support from the very people who are stating that she's so brave and couragous schitck.

Actually I would love to see that kids and families stay out of it but in politics - its a dirty game and if you use your family to sell yourself - you open yourself up to it. In many ways its like being a celeb who use their kids to sell themselves to the public - the good ones dont do that!

last i checked he said they were off limits.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Really. I havent' seen the McCain/Palin camp go after Obama's girls or family. Have you? Then again, that's the Obamacrazies on blogs (and some here) that are doing that shit. But, you know Obama knows what's being said. And instead of saying anyone in his campaign would be fired, he should have said, 'any of my supporters who are spreading these rumors about Sarah Palin's family, stop it, or I don't want your vote. You do not reflect me nor the spirit in which this campaign should proceed.' How powerful of a message would that have been?

One can dream, though...
    All those rumors about Sarah Palin had been in existence long before she became a VP candidate.

From a New Yorker reporter who was in Alaska weeks before Palin became McCain's Veep:
    Attacking the press is nothing new in the playbook of political defense, but it took a bold twist when the McCain campaign contrived to transform a family problem—the pregnancy of Palin’s unmarried seventeen-year-old daughter, Bristol—into a vindication of Palin’s Christian family values. Surely, it had not been part of McCain’s plan for his untested Vice-Presidential pick to start Day Four of her rollout by announcing Bristol’s plans to marry the baby’s father, Levi Johnston, who, as the Times reported, recently dropped out of high school. The campaign said that it was going public in order to quash offensive rumors that were circulating on the Internet: that Sarah Palin’s five-month-old baby, Trig, who has Down syndrome, was not really hers but Bristol’s, and that the Governor had faked her pregnancy in order to cover for her unwed daughter. This Faulknerian story had been making the rounds in Alaska for months—I heard versions of it in Anchorage and Juneau within twenty-four hours of arriving in each city—and it derived from the peculiar circumstances surrounding Trig’s birth.Letter from Alaska: The State of Sarah Palin: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

Elite Member

John and Sarah Whiner.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    So people were not critizing Obama's wife for being angry - the girls are still children but if they were older they would probably face greater scrutiny.
    Chelsea Clinton got disgusting treatment especially from McCain who called her a dog!

And if I remember Obama was criticized for using his girls for PR purposes during the primaries- which you can argue that Palin has as well when she introduced them during the RNC. In my opinion that was bad taste especially since it seems to higlight her family values especially with her political and religious beliefs didnt exactly work and was hypocritical. But if Obama's daugters was pregnant there would be no way in hell that they wouldnt get support from the very people who are stating that she's so brave and couragous schitck.

Actually I would love to see that kids and families stay out of it but in politics - its a dirty game and if you use your family to sell yourself - you open yourself up to it. In many ways its like being a celeb who use their kids to sell themselves to the public - the good ones dont do that!
    Somewhat off topic, but what was said about Chelsea when Clinton was first running? I remember something about it, but I was too young to understand. I do know that it wasn't exactly a compliment, lol.

I think it was something about her looks- McCain called her a dog or resembling one (Journalists were nearby and noted it).

David Schuster said her parents were pimping her out for the campaign..something like that..
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Elite Member

I think it was something about her looks- McCain called her a dog or resembling one (Journalists were nearby and noted it).
    Rush Limbaugh referred to her as the Clinton dog.

John McCain had the "grace" to tell the joke "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father."

Thanks
    I knew it was something about her looks but I didnt know it was Rush who said it - he can talk he looks like stoned pig.

Bronze Member

And she's only reacting just now? Great.
    There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.

So, again, if Obama wins, you're ok with the media going after Obama's girls then?

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

No I wouldnt- because they didnt ask for this also being children anyone that did would be insane.

But ask this question- Palin PREACHES abstinence and sells herself on a family values ticket. Yet her kids have had trouble with the law or have gotten pregnant- should the media go after them?
    I personally dont agree but if their mother makes policies and enforces them onto others but her kids arent exactly a paragon of virtue then its hypocritical.
    And if Obama preaches the same thing if his kids vandalize busses and cause 30 grand worth of damage, took drugs or have gotten pregnant. Then would republicans sit back and say is he a good father- seriously?
    Look at Clinton they hammered at him because he received a blowjob and so did Edwards. Personally I dont care if they did have affairs - it makes them bastards but its not like what Bush has done for the past 8 years is it?
    Last edited by ana-mish-ana; September 22nd, 2008 at 08:10 PM.

Palin is using her children to win voters.
    Obama is not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information