Thread: Fannie and Freddie paid John McCain flunky 2 million to stop any regulation

Question Fannie and Freddie paid John McCain flunky 2 million to stop any regulation

Oh my God. They admit outright that earlier this decade they paid $2m to the man who is now John McCain's campaign manager in order to buy influence with John McCain as Senator and as possible president (they also paid him to derail legislation that would have increased federal regulation of the banking industry). There should be a campaign to demand that McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis, give ever penny back to the American people. There had better be an ad about this out by COB Monday, and calls for Davis' resignation.

Loan Titans Paid McCain Adviser Nearly $2 Million
    By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and CHARLES DUHIGG
    Published: September 21, 2008

Senator John McCain’s campaign manager was paid more than $30,000 a month for five years as president of an advocacy group set up by the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to defend them against stricter regulations, current and former officials say....

Incensed by the advertisements, several current and former executives of the companies came forward to discuss the role that Rick Davis, Mr. McCain’s campaign manager and longtime adviser, played in helping Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac beat back regulatory challenges when he served as president of their advocacy group, the Homeownership Alliance, formed in the summer of 2000. Some who came forward were Democrats, but Republicans, speaking on the condition of anonymity, confirmed their descriptions.

“The value that he brought to the relationship was the closeness to Senator McCain and the possibility that Senator McCain was going to run for president again,” said Robert McCarson, a former spokesman for Fannie Mae, who said that while he worked there from 2000 to 2002, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac together paid Mr. Davis’s firm $35,000 a month. Mr. Davis “didn’t really do anything,” Mr. McCarson, a Democrat, said.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    surprise
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Check this vid out as much as the McCain campaign ties the Fannie and Freddie Mac CEO's to Obama - Tucker Bounds states that they wont be unable to confirm to rule out Gramm would not be involved in a McCain administration.

YouTube - McCain Spokesman Refuses to Say Gramm Won't Be Treasury Sec

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Check this vid out as much as the McCain campaign ties the Fannie and Freddie Mac CEO's to Obama - Tucker Bounds states that they wont be unable to confirm to rule out Gramm would not be involved in a McCain administration.

YouTube - McCain Spokesman Refuses to Say Gramm Won't Be Treasury Sec
    The fact that McCain allows Tucker Bounds to be his spokesperson is a sign of even more bad judgement. He has got to be the WORST political spokesperson I've ever seen. But he's good for some laughs.

Wow, and the CEO of Fannie at the time, who surely was involved in the hiring lobbyist decision was....Franklin Raines...Obama's economic advisor...

Are the same people calling for him to stop advising, and to make sure he doesn't get a post in the Obama administration?

Both campaigns need to stfu....because they are both in this up to their necks
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Raines talked to Obama for about 5 minutes. That's been debunked thoroughly. He's not an advisor, he's not on his campaign.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

funny that no one challenged the description back at the time when the description was originally published....

and I'm sure he doesn't know Jim Johnson either
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information