Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama & Congressional Black Caucus called "family" and "the conscience of Fannie Mae"

Angry Obama & Congressional Black Caucus called "family" and "the conscience of Fannie Mae"

OBAMA & CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS CALLED "FAMILY" AND "THE CONSCIENCE OF FANNIE MAE" - B I R D

VIDEO report here.

Former Fannie Mae Interim-CEO, Daniel Mudd, declares to the Congressional Black Caucus, and to Barack Obama, that they are (both) "the conscience of Congress and the conscience of Fannie Mae."
    Barack Obama received "126,000.00" from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
    And, "Barack Obama is the second biggest recipient of political money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the last ten years. And he's only been in Washington for four years." The other individuals in the "top three recipients of political money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" are Democrats, Chris Dodd and John Kerry.
    Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac execs now offering advice to Obama
    Senator's links to mortgage giants also include campaign contributions
    A review of Federal Election Commission records back to 1989 reveals Obama in his three complete years in the Senate is the second largest recipient of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae campaign contributions, behind only Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn., the powerful chairman of the Senate banking committee. Dodd was first elected to the Senate in 1980.
    According to OpenSecrets.com, from 1989 to 2008, Dodd received $165,400 in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac campaign contributions, including contributions from PACs and individuals, followed by Obama, who received $126,349 in such contributions since being elected to the Senate in 2004.
    In contrast, McCain warned of the coming mortgage crisis as he pressed in 2005 for regulatory reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. (Read the full article...)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there's this:

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Barack Obama may want to shake up Washington, but the man organizing his search for a running mate is a well-established power-broker.

James Johnson spent eight years as chief executive of Fannie Mae, building up one of Washington's most-effective lobbying operations. Fannie Mae, along with Freddie Mac, are government-sponsored companies that provide the bulk of funding for U.S. home loans. Many viewed Mr. Johnson as the chief protector of Fannie's federal support, which includes an implied backing of its bonds, a line of credit with the Treasury and an exemption from state and local taxes.

Power Broker Helps Obama Search for Running Mate - WSJ.com
    During that ...

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Here we go again. Obama's the biggest recipient of donations from the employees of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. McCain however has gotten more donations from the lobbyists and directors of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. So while McCain may have 'warned' about the impending mortgage crisis, it didn't stop him from lining his pockets with donations from the people that ran the companies.

Tkdgirl, as much as you keep trying to tie Obama to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the fact remains that McCain is tied to these companies as well.

^^ You're completely missing the point. McCain isn't being advised by these same people.

No his advisor is Gramm who wrote the bill for deregulation that Clinton passed which started this whole crisis.

^^ Oh I see. Now we're going back to the Clinton admin for blame. If Clinton passed it, shouldn't he be to blame? Hell, I blamed Bush for McCain's CFR getting passed simply because he didn't veto it.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    No his advisor is Gramm who wrote the bill for deregulation that Clinton passed which started this whole crisis.

Graham wrote that bill with Jim Leach...who founded Republicans for Obama.....

and that bill was also heavily supported by Lawrence H. Summers and Robert E. Rubin- both of whom are top economic advisors to Obama....

Two sides, same coin

We keep hearing McCain is the same old same old....but clearly so is Obama.....he's also surrounded by the people that helped us get here.....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Graham wrote that bill with Jim Leach...who founded Republicans for Obama.....

and that bill was also heavily supported by Lawrence H. Summers and Robert E. Rubin- both of whom are top economic advisors to Obama....

Two sides, same coin

We keep hearing McCain is the same old same old....but clearly so is Obama.....he's also surrounded by the people that helped us get here.....
    Thank you! Seems the old newspaper around the new fish is makes it smell too.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    ^^ You're completely missing the point. McCain isn't being advised by these same people.
    The point that you keep trying to make is that Obama has ties to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. My point is that McCain has those ties as well.

Now, let's see, McCain's campaign manager pushed for more deregulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and McCain has gotten a big chunk of donations from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lobbyists and directors.

So, tdkgirl: how much do the Repugs pay you to post all this anti-Dem
    propaganda bullshit?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Phil Gramm: Recession Is "Mental," America Is "Nation Of Whiners" (VIDEO)

And this is what he said about the economy a few short months ago. The thing is McCain is using him as his advisor for the mess he helped create. The fact is these financial stooges have no room in politics especially as they are using taxpayers money to bail them out. But Bush has also helped to deregulate the industry- and this is something that republicans have been pushing for the past 20 years.

The thing is McCain is using him as his advisor for the mess he helped create.
    You're 100% correct.....but so is Obama....

McCain has Graham, Obama has Raines

whats the difference?
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    So, tdkgirl: how much do the Repugs pay you to post all this anti-Dem
    propaganda bullshit?
    How much do the Democraps pay you to post all the anti-republican propaganda bullshit?

I'd like to add that although I may not always agree with tdkgirl - I do enjoy the debates- and its good to have different views keep things healthy and puts things in perspective - I dont like it when it gets personal.

I just hate the way the direction the world is going especially with Bush at its helm. I see Obama as the lesser of two evils and I do know he isn't perfect and will wave a wand to clean up this mess but I do think he will have more of a positive affect than McCain.
    I am really fearful of the fact that if McCain kicks the bucket then Palin will end up as President and I dont want to see that because it will make the Bush years look great.

I'd like to add that although I may not always agree with tdkgirl - I do enjoy the debates- and its good to have different views keep things healthy and puts things in perspective - I dont like it when it gets personal.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    How much do the Democraps pay you to post all the anti-republican propaganda bullshit?
    That would be touché if the stuff I post (I mostly respond though, don't
    post many articles) were bullshit, which it is not. The stuff you come up
    with, however......
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information