Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin fail's at Teh Interwebz, email account hacked

Wink Sarah Palin fail's at Teh Interwebz, email account hacked

Palin’s E-Mail Account Hacked, Published on Web Site

In the latest of a series of invasions into Sarah Palin’s personal life, hackers have broken into the Republican vice presidential candidate’s private e-mail account, and a widely read Web site has published screen grabs from it.

An article Wednesday in Gawker.com posts family photos and snapshots of e-mail exchanges the Alaska governor had with colleagues. Gawker says the-email account has since been shut down, but it will leave the images up on its site for all to see.

“Here are the screenshots of the emails saved before the account went dark, along with the contact list. It’s newsworthy and we will not be taking it down!” the site declares.

Rick Davis, campaign manager for John McCain, released a statement calling the publication a “shocking invasion of the governor’s privacy and a violation of law.”

“The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these e-mails will destroy them. We will have no further comment,” Davis said.

The article boasts about the lengths to which the reporter went to verify the account, saying he or she even called a phone number listed for Palin’s teenage daughter, Bristol, which apparently went to her voicemail. The site also listed dozens of contact e-mails from the account.

Both WIRED and Gawker reported that members claiming to be with a group known as Anonymous took credit for hacking into Palin’s account. Screen grabs were published on other Web sites and then deleted, Gawker reported.

They reportedly came from a Yahoo e-mail account Palin uses — one separate from another private account that was publicized in The Washington Post last week.

Gawker complained that Palin has since “deleted” the account, and suggested she was trying to “destroy evidence.”

Palin has faced scrutiny for using her private account to do government business. The Washington Post reported last week that a local Republican activist is trying to get Palin to release more than 1,100 e-mails she withheld from a public records request. The appeal reportedly questions why Palin and her aides shift between public and private e-mail accounts.

A spokeswoman in the governor’s office in Alaska declined to comment Wednesday, referring questions from FOXNews.com to the McCain-Palin campaign.

“Primarily we’re referring people to the campaign because honestly people wouldn’t be asking these questions if she wasn’t a candidate for [vice president],” spokeswoman Kate Morgan said.

The Palin family was subjected to intense scrutiny after she was selected as John McCain’s running mate on Aug. 29. Reporters descended on her home town of Wasilla, Alaska, as the media focused on her unwed teenage daughter’s pregnancy.

Told ya it was gonna happen.

*I did not do this.

yahoo is so easy to hack! she's dumb for using that account.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

She's unsurprisingly inarticulate in her email responses, too.

I've seen more well-written shit on here. That's saying a LOT.
    Last edited by Penny Lane; September 17th, 2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: I really shouldn't have been surprised at her inarticulateness

why am i not surprised?
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

SVZ

told you!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    yahoo is so easy to hack! she's dumb for using that account.
    Bingo!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    She's surprisingly inarticulate in her email responses, too.
    "Hi, Charlie, I have you're e-mail, and I will enform the first dude. But I will tell you now, Charlie, I'm not blinking. Its not going to happen, I'm not blinking Charlie. Sarah"

Elite Member

They didn't really get anything before the account was deleted.

I wonder if they'll hack into some of the contacts' accounts? Todd's???
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

It was only a matter of time! Using a freaking yahoo account for government business when the internet is an unlimited pool of hax0rs is like tying steak around your neck and jumping into a tank of hungry sharks with too much time on their hands.

Maybe it's good that McCain doesn't know how to use e-mail, god knows how much worse he would have fucked up with sensitive, private information. Osama could have been looking at his messages right now, from out in his cave!

It's also sad that GAWKER, TMZ, and the NATIONAL ENQUIRER have become the watchdogs for Americans.

Is this the same Anonymous that started that Scientology war a few months ago?

Tom Cruise will have something to say about this. It'll give Palin and Katie a chance to compare notes on fake bellies.

Link from Huffington Post to WikiLinks duddint work.

WikiLikis page: http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Yahoo_inbox_2008 duddint work.

Where'd it go?

Damage control has started.

Elite Member

^The link from the msn homepage didn't work, either. That's why I came here to read the article.
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

It's on Gawker. They said they WONT take it down, but who knows what McCain's camp will threaten them with.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information