Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin takes first 'impromptu' question from national press

Default Sarah Palin takes first 'impromptu' question from national press

Palin takes first impromptu question from national press
    Gov. Palin campaigned in Nevada last weekend.

CLEVELAND, Ohio (CNN) — Sarah Palin took her first impromptu question from a reporter traveling with her campaign Wednesday while shaking hands at a restaurant called Karl's Inn of the Barristers in Cleveland.
    A pool reporter from the national press corps asked Palin's reaction to the federal bailout of insurance giant AIG.
    Palin said she is "disappointed that taxpayers are called upon to bailout another one."
    "Certainly AIG, though, with the construction bonds that they're holding, and with the insurance that they are holding, very, very impactful to Americans," she said. "So you know, the shot that has been called by the feds, its understandable but very, very disappointing that taxpayers are called upon for another one."
    The reporter asked Palin if she had plans to come to the back of the campaign plane to chat with the reporters who cover her as she campaigns around the country.
    "We're getting lonely back there," the reporter said.
    "Are you getting lonely?," Palin answered. "Gee, yeah, come on up then!"
    When Palin entered the restaurant with her husband Todd, she introduced herself to about 10 patrons as "Sarah," and told them, "Excuse me for interrupting your meal." It was Palin's first retail campaign stop since the day McCain tapped her as his running mate.
    Palin takes first impromptu question from national press

She really didn't say anything. Like Gibson told her, it was like getting lost in a blizzard of words.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Fluff and stuff.. nothing substantive.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

"Impactful" is not a word.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She was enbiggen by the response.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Her "jes folks" act is really beginning to annoy me. Kinda like Ivy League George Bush pretending to a plain ol' Texas cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodancer View Post
    Her "jes folks" act is really beginning to annoy me. Kinda like Ivy League George Bush pretending to a plain ol' Texas cowboy.
    Keep in mind that 'Ivy League' Bush was a C-student and only got into Yale because of his family connections. At heart, Dubya is more like a Texas cowboy than Rhodes Scholar.

She is very brilliant. I mean to come off the cuff like that with such an amazing 'impactful' statement... Beauty Queens everywhere are proud!!

I have reread her statement, and I still don't know what the hell she is talking about!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I know that, but his family were Boston Brahmins, not exactly cowpokes, which is probably an insult to cowpokes. ETA: re Kingcap72's post.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodancer View Post
    ^^I know that, but his family were Boston Brahmins, not exactly cowpokes, which is probably an insult to cowpokes. ETA: re Kingcap72's post.
    Comparing Dubya to anybody is an insult. Sorry to any Rhodes Scholars and Texas cowboys I offended by putting you in the same sentence as Dubya.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Keep in mind that 'Ivy League' Bush was a C-student and only got into Yale because of his family connections. At heart, Dubya is more like a Texas cowboy than Rhodes Scholar.
    Be that as it may, we Texans don't want to claim him. He really is more of an idiot white-bread trust fund brat from Kennebunkport than the cowboy he pretends to be.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Be that as it may, we Texans don't want to claim him. He really is more of an idiot white-bread trust fund brat from Kennebunkport than the cowboy he pretends to be.
    Texas is now stuck with Dubya.

And, yeah, I know Bush is more East Coast than Southern. But on the scale of comparison, he would be closer to a Texas cowboy than an Ivy Leaguer.

With a fake accent to boot- he was born and raised in Connecticut.

Hit By Ban Bus!

When I think about Dubya I think about the portrayal of him in in the second Harold and Kumar movie. Probably closer to the truth.

More verbiage from Palin - this is from her upcoming interview with Hannity from Fox news.

The Alaska Governor tells Fox News’ Hannity in an interview that the Democrats are unfairly targeting her running mate for saying the “fundamentals of our economy are strong.”
    “It was an unfair attack on the verbiage that Senator McCain chose to use…He means our workforce. He means the ingenuity of the American people and of course that is strong and that is the foundation of our economy.”

There is also a vid here of the clip.

The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME

Our workforce is strong?? What the hell, they're just spouting meaningless drivel at this point. Random, empty platitudes sprinkled with lies and obfuscation. Yep, sounds like a pageant contestant to me.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information