Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama to do SNL season premiere

Default Barack Obama to do SNL season premiere

Obama returns to cult comedy show
    Associated Press
    Barack Obama, after a bruising week of lipstick on pigs and other taunts on the White House campaign trail, returns to the cult TV show "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, aides said.
    Obama will tape an appearance for the show's season premiere on Saturday in New York, after he was the star turn for a Halloween skit featuring an impersonator of Hillary Clinton last November.
    Quite what the Democratic presidential hopeful will do on the program this time is still being worked out, the aides said, but it is a safe bet that the hosts will extract comedy value out of some of the recent campaign sparring.
    John McCain's rival campaign accused Obama of a sexist "smear" against the Republican's running mate Sarah Palin after the Democrat, on Tuesday, said their promise of change was like putting "lipstick on a pig".
    On the popular "Late Show with David Letterman" Wednesday, Obama quipped that he meant to say Alaska Governor Palin was the "lipstick" gloss to McCain's "pig" policies.
    Asked by Letterman if he had ever actually applied cosmetics to a porcine, the 47-year-old Illinois senator said: "The answer would be no. But I think it might be fun to try."
    The writers of "Saturday Night Live" meanwhile have proved that the long-running show is not just for laughs in this election season.
    The program prompted much navel-gazing in the mainstream US media after one of its sketches showed TV debate hosts fawning over Obama during his hard-fought primary race against Clinton.
    McCain has also tried his hand at satire on "SNL." In the season finale in May, the 72-year-old Arizona senator said voters should look to elect a president "who is very, very, very old".
    Obama returns to cult comedy show

i look forward to seeing him. He's a funny guy.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I love this man.

hmmm, but he's not a celebrity. i am not impressed when political people go on late night talk shows to garner publicity. i think it's tacky. especially something like snl. what type of people go on that show.......celebrities and entertainers.

It's an appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    hmmm, but he's not a celebrity. i am not impressed when political people go on late night talk shows to garner publicity. i think it's tacky. especially something like snl. what type of people go on that show.......celebrities and entertainers.
    Did you read the ENTIRE article.. McCain has been on SNL a few times also, plus he'll be on this season too.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^^i'm not impressed when ANY political person does this. did you read my ENTIRE post?

^^^i'm not impressed when ANY political person does this. did you read my ENTIRE post?
    Yes, I did. And seeing how you said "hmmm, but he's not a celebrity!?" I was trying to point out how the guy accusing him of being a celebrity is one himself. He has been on several tv shows.. POT MEET KETTLE!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

It's not like anybody's saying you have to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    It's not like anybody's saying you have to watch it.
    i don't plan on it. and i should clarify, i especially don't like when candidates go on entertainment shows during an election year, in an effort to court voters. after they win/lose an election, it doesn't bother me as much.

i don't plan on it. and i should clarify, i especially don't like when candidates go on entertainment shows during an election year, in an effort to court voters. after they win/lose an election, it doesn't bother me as much.
    What's wrong with candidates trying to reach a larger audience that may, or may not, watch political forum shows or the news? Hell, it worked for Bill Clinton when he went on Arsenio Hall's show. I don't see a problem with it, as long as it's within reason. Now I wouldn't want to see a presidential candidate, be it Obama or McCain, hosting SNL. That would be going too far.

Elite Member

Wait a minute, I just read that Michael Phelps is going to be on the premiere of SNL this week. Is Obama just going to be in one sketch?

Holy shit, it's Saturday Night Live. Could people just take it for what it's worth? Like, I don't know, A LIGHT HEARTED MOMENT?

Jesus. Obama's funny on SNL, and shit, I even thought McCain was funny on it. It isn't about politics, at this point, it's breaking away from all that is serious, and acting like a goofball. Even the politicians know how to lighten up, I think a lot of Americans should, too.

^ Thank you

you know what's really tacky?

lying constantly to win.

see: john mccain
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information