Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden says Hillary Clinton may have been better VP pick

Default Joe Biden says Hillary Clinton may have been better VP pick

Biden: Hillary might have been better VP pick
    Biden campaigned in New Hampshire Wednesday.

NASHUA, New Hampshire (CNN) — Joe Biden told supporters at a town hall Wednesday afternoon that Barack Obama might have been better off choosing Hillary Clinton as his running mate.
    “Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight,” Biden said testily when a voter told Biden he was glad the Delaware senator had been chosen and not Clinton.
    Watch: Biden opens up about death of first wife
    “She’s a truly close personal friend and she is qualified to be President of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me,” he continued.
    "I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate.”
    iReport.com: Calling Clinton supporters — What do you think?
    After dropping out of the presidential race in January, Biden refrained from endorsing either Obama or Clinton — unlike most of the other Democratic contenders who followed. He told donors at a fundraiser in Boston Wednesday morning that after his withdrawal, Obama asked for his support but Biden declined because of his relationship with Clinton.
    Ticker: Biden defends Sen. Clinton at rally

This thread should get interesting.

I agree. but I don't think Biden was a bad choice (and I am not a Dem)

I don't think she would've been a better VP pick at all. She has the same weakness on foreign policy as Obama does. But I think he was just saying that to defend Hillary, since they are friends. Can't fault him for that.

Although I was a Hillary supporter, I think that Biden was the right choice for VP. Biden's strengths provide a good complement to Obama's and it showed to me that Obama's selection was one of careful thought and sound judgement.

One thing does bother me about both candidates. Neither one was willing to pick a running mate as strong or stronger that he is. Look at a young Kennedy,choosing LBJ...that took balls.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    One thing does bother me about both candidates. Neither one was willing to pick a running mate as strong or stronger that he is. Look at a young Kennedy,choosing LBJ...that took balls.
    You don't think Biden is as strong or stronger than Obama? I think the fact that Obama picked somebody who clearly has more political experience than him was showing the same kind of balls that JFK showed with LBJ. It showed that he was looking to the future, in case something happened to him that he had a VP that could step in.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is a set-up! In the next coupla weeks Biden is gonna have something happen to him that will suddenly make him unable to serve .... Obama will ask Hillary to step in for him.

They might even wait to make this an October surprise. They'll get all of Hills votes back, unite the party, and eliminate Palin all together.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    You don't think Biden is as strong or stronger than Obama? I think the fact that Obama picked somebody who clearly has more political experience than him was showing the same kind of balls that JFK showed with LBJ. It showed that he was looking to the future, in case something happened to him that he had a VP that could step in.
    He chose better than McClain,no doubt.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    He chose better than McClain,no doubt.
    Palin will only come in handy if we ever get attacked by a giant mutant moose.

We shouldn't even be talking about Palin, it's sexist.

Everytime I think about the possiblity of Palin being president of America...I just get really really scared...
    She cannot seem to say anything truthful, and she (well her family) doesnt practice what she preaches. abstinence only didnt work very well for her daughter. She cannot keep her children in line, how on earth can she run a country?

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I don't think she would've been a better VP pick at all. She has the same weakness on foreign policy as Obama does. But I think he was just saying that to defend Hillary, since they are friends. Can't fault him for that.
    ITA he was also being polite. Something that people of that generation often do, except McCain of course.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    ITA he was also being polite. Something that people of that generation often do, except McCain of course.
    Well, McCain's being polite, too. He's allowing Palin to overshadow him in his own campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    This is a set-up! In the next coupla weeks Biden is gonna have something happen to him that will suddenly make him unable to serve .... Obama will ask Hillary to step in for him.

They might even wait to make this an October surprise. They'll get all of Hills votes back, unite the party, and eliminate Palin all together.

I think H. would bring many people to the polls to vote against her. She really brings up the mommy issues for men in a way that women like S-aryan don't. Palin knows to give lip service to their authoritarian insecurity while simultaneously using feminile wiles to do whatever the hell she pleases. H. is far more honest about her views and motives but actually less of a threat than an opportunistic Mata Hari type like S-aryan.

I think Obama made a good pick with Biden. I like Hillary but think she is too polarizing and the Republican's hate her. I'm sure they'd be digging into all sorts of things the way people are with Palin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information