Thread: Barack Obama should embrace 'Pig-Gate'

Talking Barack Obama should embrace 'Pig-Gate'

AMERICAblog reader SMT from Raleigh, NC writes about pig-gate, and includes an image they made:

It seems to me that the best way for Obama to respond to this latest manufactured outrage from the Mighty Wurlitzer is to do something that no Democrat has done before, but that Republicans do all. the. time.

Repeat what he said. Repeat it and repeat it and repeat it. "Like I said yesterday, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. You can wrap a fish in paper, but it's still gonna stink." Laugh while you repeat it. Over and over again, at every campaign event.

It demonstrates that he can't be badgered into submission, that there was no subtext to the statement to begin with, that he's not afraid of Mccain or Palin, that he's not afraid of the noise machine, and that he trusts the American public to discern the difference between an issue and utter bullshit.

Don't back down, don't waver or hesitate, don't alter your stump speech, and for god's sake don't explain or ever ever apologize.

And I couldn't help myself:

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Fucking righ!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I agree with this.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Oh my God, that is an awful picture! But I agree. I know some crazy repugs at work and they were all insensed about the pig remark. They were older and knew better. That is such an old expression. They are just jumping on anything. They even had the nerve to say "it's over, it's over". I mean come on................
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

well, excuse me for bringing this up but since McCain called his own wife a c*nt at a public event, doesn't that kind of make him unqualified to complain?

But, but...I'm sure he meant it affectionately!

I think she is a pig in lipstick. But it's got nothing to do with looks...
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    well, excuse me for bringing this up but since McCain called his own wife a c*nt at a public event, doesn't that kind of make him unqualified to complain?
    Whoa, he called her that and he is still alive?! How long ago was that?

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Obama should embrace it "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" style. Not just repeat the phrase again and again but hire a campaigner to parade a lipstick wearing pig on the platform at the same time.

Obama should keep saying it again and again. Hell, he should repeat it during the debates with McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Whoa, he called her that and he is still alive?! How long ago was that?
    apparently he's always been a bit 'off'. It's been talked about for years, you can google it. Here is a snippet from a book review ("The Real McCain" by Cliff Schecter)

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.
    The man who was known as "McNasty" in high school has erupted in foul-languaged tirades at political foes and congressional colleagues more-or-less throughout his career, and his quickness to anger has been an issue on the presidential campaign trail as evidence of his fury has surfaced.
    The Raw Story | Book: McCain temper boiled over in '92 tirade, called wife a 'cunt'

i've heard that remark a ton of times. it was funny. now, the press is just going crazy about nothing. gawd its not that big of a deal.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information