Thread: Barack Obama says he's not worried about Sarah Palin poll surge

Default Barack Obama says he's not worried about Sarah Palin poll surge

RIVERSIDE, Ohio (CNN) – Senator Barack Obama told reporters he is not concerned about the spike in enthusiasm among Republicans since Governor Sarah Palin joined the GOP ticket, or recent polls showing a dead-even race.
    “My general approach throughout this process has been not to worry about today’s news or yesterday’s polls but worry about what is it where is it that I want to see the country what is it that I’m trying to accomplish,” said Obama. “I know that after our convention we had a bump, after theirs they get a bump. I think that what you’re going to see settling in, is that the race is going to be very close.”
    The Democratic nominee, asked whether he wished he had picked a female running mate given some polling data that indicates women are flocking to the McCain-Palin ticket, said he had no regrets.
    “The notion that people are swinging back and forth in a span of a few weeks or a few days this wildly generally isn’t borne out,” said Obama.

“These are the same polls that had me 20 down last summer that have swung wildly throughout this process. There is no doubt that Governor Palin has attracted a lot of attention.

“There’s no doubt the Republicans are excited, particularly the right wing of the Republican party, is excited by Governor Palin’s choice. I think that has less to do with gender than it has to do with her ideological predispositions.”
    Palin, who has become a hot topic on the trail Monday, appears to be a rallying point for Democrats as well. Before Obama’s Riverside speech, the crowd chanted “no pit bulls!” — a reference to Palin’s joke at the GOP convention that the only difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull was lipstick.
    Obama came to Riverside to talk education, laying out $1 billion worth of new proposals to make students in the U.S. more prepared to compete in a global economy. Some of the initiatives include more funding for charter schools, and greater investments and access to new classroom technology. The Illinois senator said the money to cover the spending would come in part from “carefully winding down the war in Iraq.”
    In his remarks, Obama also hit Senator John McCain for what he said was a lack of commitment to education reform.
    “He has not done one thing to truly improve the quality of public education in our country. Not one real proposal or law or initiative. Nothing,” Obama said. “Do you really believe that John McCain is going to suddenly make a difference now?”

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama says he’s not worried over Palin poll surge « - Blogs from CNN.com

*chuckles*

It sounds like Obama is getting annoyed at the assclownery that is McTard's 'maverick' crap getting actual traction with the stupids.

I would be too.

In fact, I have been for awhile.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

“Do you really believe that John McCain is going to suddenly make a difference now?”

Nope. Not when he's been in Washington for 26 years now and voted with Dumb-ya 90-95% of the time.

“I know that after our convention we had a bump, after theirs they get a bump. I think that what you’re going to see settling in, is that the race is going to be very close.”
    Exactly what I've been saying. This race isn't going to be a landslide, regardless of who wins.

Everyone needs to move on past Palin. She will have to stand on her own two feet, and until that time she shouldn't be as big of a concern as she has been.

Obama needs to get back on message and ignore the lame attacks from McSame.

Republicans are going to vote for McSame. It's what they do - they fall in line. Obama needs to worry about getting his base excited - afterall there are more of us than there are of them.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    RIVERSIDE, Ohio (CNN)
    Obama came to Riverside to talk education, laying out $1 billion worth of new proposals to make students in the U.S. more prepared to compete in a global economy. Some of the initiatives include more funding for charter schools, and greater investments and access to new classroom technology. The Illinois senator said the money to cover the spending would come in part from “carefully winding down the war in Iraq.”
    In his remarks, Obama also hit Senator John McCain for what he said was a lack of commitment to education reform.
    “He has not done one thing to truly improve the quality of public education in our country. Not one real proposal or law or initiative. Nothing,” Obama said. “Do you really believe that John McCain is going to suddenly make a difference now?”

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama says he’s not worried over Palin poll surge « - Blogs from CNN.com
    YES! This is why we need Obama!

If you care about education in this country do not vote republican. We cannot continue to vote in people who think teaching to a stupid test is preparing our children for the world. On top of that.. implementing pay for performance for teachers will absolutely do no good for teachers in inner city schools who are doing the best that they can with the very least amount of resources! It makes no sense!

I really wanted to go see Obama when he was here yesterday!

I hate how the Repubs are saying the democrats "are scared" now. I wouldn't confuse scared with annoyed.

Look at the comments here and tell me to rest

Obama needs to fight - The Daily Voice - Black America's Daily News Source

Thread Information