Thread: Hillary Clinton: In Tampa 9/8, will she take shots at Sarah Palin?

Default Hillary Clinton: In Tampa 9/8, will she take shots at Sarah Palin?

Will she or won't she?

That's the question political observers are asking when it comes to whether Hillary Clinton will go after Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin — the first woman named to a Republican presidential ticket and potentially the first female vice president.
    Clinton, who hits the campaign trail for Barack Obama Monday for the first time since her rousing speech at the Democratic presidential convention, has remained hesitant to attack on the Alaska governor since she joined the Republican presidential ticket 10 days ago. She initially offered congratulations to McCain and Palin on her "historic nomination," and the New York senator repeatedly dodged chances to criticize the Alaska governor during public appearances in New York City and Staten Island on Saturday.
    "This election is about issues, and that's what's going to matter to people at the end of the day," Clinton told reporters after being repeatedly asked about Palin. In fact, she only directly named Palin once the whole day in an update of her convention speech line: "No way, no how, no McCain, no Palin."
    But as polls show McCain receiving a bump since naming Palin as his running mate, and as the GOP vice presidential candidate continues to reference Clinton's historic presidential bid in her own stump speech, the New York senator may face increased pressure to level more direct shots at the Alaska governor.

Obama aides are remaining mum on exactly what Clinton will say during her campaign stops in Tampa and in Kissimmee, Florida later Monday — events scheduled before Palin was even named to the GOP ticket.
    "Sen. Clinton will address the choice we have in this election – between a new direction for our economy or four more years of the Bush failed economic policies that McCain-Palin is offering," Obama spokesman Nick Shapiro said. "She will talk about the Obama-Biden plan for immediate and lasting relief for America's working families."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

earn your keep, hillary!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't see Hillary taking a lot of shots at Palin. Her camp already said that she was going to focus more on McCain.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I don't see Hillary taking a lot of shots at Palin. Her camp already said that she was going to focus more on McCain.

Which is the right thing to do. People aren't voting for Palin for President.. they are voting for McCain.

I don't think Palin for VP is getting McCain a big uplift.

Let's not forget who we need to expose here.

the ticket has practically reversed itself. It's Palin/McCain in essense. She's the popular barbie doll everybody is excited about. They'll vote for McCain because they want HER.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

IMO she will stick to how she differs from the Repugnant views of the issues and stay away from her in particular. She is very intelligent and I'm sure will get in jabs between the lines that will resonate home without openly antagonizing her.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    the ticket has practically reversed itself. It's Palin/McCain in essense. She's the popular barbie doll everybody is excited about. They'll vote for McCain because they want HER.

Think of the money Cindy McSame will spend on White House China and remodeling and other worthless bullshit like that.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I truly think it will fade... Especially as more and more comes out about her.

Thread Information